Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: This might sound crazy

This might sound crazy 5 years 8 months ago #2574

• BerryGirl13
  • My favorite color is pink, I like baking & drawing
  • Thank you received: 441
I know this might sound a little crazy, but I depress myself sometimes. I would just think about something that I thought about in the past that made me feel depressed before, and think about it AGAIN. The more I think about it, the harder the mental blow. In other words, I get even more depressed than I was before. How can I break this habit of worrying myself, and concentrate on more positive things? :S
"I would rather be a sorrowful christian than a jolly fool."
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: This might sound crazy 5 years 8 months ago #2674

• Wintergirl
  • Uh.. Wanna listen to music with me? :)
  • Thank you received: 177
Just get that stuff outta your mind. It's the past and you need to move on and when you think about whatever it is just be like "forget it" and do something fun. B) You don't need to let that stuff come around again and make you depressed. There is SO SO much more to life than depression and people not caring and all that 'stuff'. Think about your future, think about all the awesome things you are going to do! when I started thinkin' positive thoughts my life got so much better! Lol, I started getting dressed again instead of just goin' to school in sweats or pjs. :)
NeverLetDown~A.W.K.
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by wwilliams.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BerryGirl13

Re: This might sound crazy 5 years 8 months ago #2687

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 783
I have never been depressed and don't have any idea what you should do but i'll pray for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BerryGirl13

Re: This might sound crazy 5 years 8 months ago #2712

• jreteenmom
  • Thank you received: 338
BerryGirl13,

The cycle you describe is a tough one to break. However, the trick is to make the first step. As soon as you feel yourself beginning to think about something depressing, you need to use a STOP WORD. This could be any word that you pick to help you clear your mind and redirect your thoughts. I suggest something funny, or something that reminds you of a happy experience.

For example, you may have had a happy trip to the zoo when you were younger where you enjoyed seeing the elephants. If so, your STOP WORD could be ELEPHANT DANCE. (Yes, I know that's two words.) Then whenever you find yourself thinking about depressing things, just say the word ELEPHANT DANCE to yourself. (You can even say it out loud if you are in a private place.) Then visualize a dancing elephant. Keep that image going in your head until you are smiling or even rolling on the floor laughing. This will help break up the cycle of dwelling on depressing things.
Dr. C
The following user(s) said Thank You: BerryGirl13, terrier
Moderators: jreteenmom
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds