Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Friends & Anxiety

Friends & Anxiety 5 years 8 months ago #1791

• BerryGirl13
  • My favorite color is pink, I like baking & drawing
  • Thank you received: 441
How can you battle anxiety/depression, and still maintain a healthy relationship with your peers?
How do you explain your stress to them? What if they just think you're crazy, and avoid you because of your mental sickness? If they reject you, are YOU the problem, or are THEY the problem? :blush:
"I would rather be a sorrowful christian than a jolly fool."
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Friends & Anxiety 5 years 8 months ago #1854

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
Its hard, its very hard, but it can be done. I know that the person that struggling with anxiety/depression isn't the one to blame for not being accepted. As SDA Christians we should welcome everyone and help them, not looking at what that person may or may not be. I can understand how tough that sought of stuff can get, in grade six for about 10 weeks i convinced myself i had no freinds, school was something I dreaded, and then i realized i was kidding myself, i had freinds i just wantedto associate with the 'cooler' group. that wasn't really major but as a pastors kid i know what stress is. Some weeks are just like no free time, organiseing this big event, bible studies, some weeks you just don't get a break. it is extremely stressful and you just want to go home and stay away from people, if you are a pastors kid you will know what i'm talking about. It is your peers fault if they reject you, no matter what you've done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BerryGirl13

Re: Friends & Anxiety 5 years 8 months ago #1880

• Lyrical Ken17
  • Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays of
  • Thank you received: 4
if they cant accept you as u r, in all ur hard times and anxiety it is they who have problem
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Re: Friends & Anxiety 5 years 8 months ago #2046

• jreteenmom
  • Thank you received: 338
Hi There,

Anxiety and Depression are very hard to deal with. While there are many ways to handle it, the support of those closest to us is always important.

Unfortunately, friends and family sometimes reject and mistreat those who are struggling with anxiety and depression. This does not necessarily mean they are bad people. In some cases people act this way because they do not understand what you are going through.

But when you are suffering with anxiety and depression, you need friends who DO understand. Pray that God will send you those kinds of friends. Those who will accept you through your ups and downs.

Dr. C
Dr. C

Re: Friends & Anxiety 5 years 8 months ago #2634

• BerryGirl13
  • My favorite color is pink, I like baking & drawing
  • Thank you received: 441
Well, what if you want to keep the friends you already have, but just want them to understand your situation more?
"I would rather be a sorrowful christian than a jolly fool."

Re: Friends & Anxiety 5 years 8 months ago #2714

• jreteenmom
  • Thank you received: 338
Berrygirl13,

In that case, you will have to explain to them what it feels like to struggle with anxiety and depression. You will have to be ready for the fact that some of them will listen and others will not. Even after they listen, some of your friends will understand and some of them will not. Some will want to still be your friend and will do so with unconditional kindness and love. Others may decide to walk away from the friendship.

That's a tough reality, but it is true.

You do a good job of explaining your feelings here on the discussion board, so I am sure you can explain it to your friends.

I pray that God will give them a heart to continue being your friends through it all.
Dr. C
Moderators: jreteenmom
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds