Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: My school

My school 1 month 8 hours ago #90334

• sunnyside1
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ready for God
  • Thank you received: 433
Hey everyone, please pray for me with my school work. I want to do the best I can in all my subjects so I will be prepared for whatever God calls me to do. But right now, I'm failing Algebra 2/Trigonometry. I've basically been teaching myself for about a year now and I'll struggle for two or three hours to do thirty-some problems well; and when I finish, half or more of them are wrong. I hate feeling like a failure. But the worst part is that I'm getting tempted to cheat, just to get it done quickly. I know that's not right and it won't benefit me long term, so I'm trying to resist; but it's hard. Please pray for me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

My school 4 weeks 2 days ago #90354

• emmykitty
  • Don't be lasagna.
  • Thank you received: 328
I'll pray for you! I know how hard Algebra II is (ooooof I have a test over it today! :unsure: ) and can definitely relate. Multiplying matrices is such a pain for me! And the way our teacher teaches it is so that we cover something for two days and we don't see it again practically :huh:

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
The following user(s) said Thank You: sunnyside1

My school 4 weeks 2 days ago #90358

• 20awesome00
  • Guitar + Lake = :)
  • Thank you received: 387
I have to say I'm was in the same boat as you for quite a while. I have a brother 2 years younger than me and he was ahead of me in school... As I'm sure you can understand that didn't make me feel particularly smart.
I realised that as much as it is a privilege to be able to do school, God gives different gifts and to say that every child should be getting good grades in every subject is actually wrong... That mindset is placed upon us by society.
There are so many other ways that God calls us to serve Him that don't involve school and are actually damaged by school as school takes up time that could or should have been spent in the Bible or out in nature developing our God given gifts.
What I am trying to say is do you best in school... 1 Corinthians 10:31, but don't stress about it till it takes over other healthy activities.
I'll be praying for you!
Try being informed instead of just opinionated...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, sunnyside1

My school 4 weeks 2 days ago #90366

• horsegirl04
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 456
I will be praying! It just gets harder the older you get :silly:

But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up on wings like eagles,
They will run and not grow weary,
They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31 :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sunnyside1

My school 4 weeks 2 days ago #90368

• honeyflower
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Not a fruit loop..Veggie loop. ;)
  • Thank you received: 209
I'm praying Sunny!!!
I know the feeling all too well. With my family moving so much, it's been hard to stay up to date with my schooling, so I'm not learning as much as the average American teenager should be learning, (but I'm not American, so I do have an excuse? ;)) so yea.
I'm praying that God will help you resist the temptation to cheat, because that's a hard temptation to resist. :(
I've tried to cheat on a test before, and then the test reloaded, and it was a different one, so that was God's way of saying "No no, you will not cheat.". :)

You're not a failure!!!
I was thinking the same thing the other day, when someone reminded me that I was the child of the Creator of the Universe! That was very encouraging to me, and I hope it will be encouraging to you as well! :)

Philippians 4:13

;) ~hf
#HONORARYEMMY :lol:
Ain't ain't a word, and I ain't gonna use it. ;)
I'm writing a book, called "Classical #b: A True Addiction Story". Anyone get it? ;)
I never let my schooling interfere with my education, and always and never are two words you should always remember never to use. :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, sunnyside1, horsegirl04, oceangirl15

My school 4 weeks 2 days ago #90370

• Quirky
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3191
Here's a quick tip that may help (unless you've tried it already)

Take breaks. Set a time to work on your school for, like, 15-30 minutes at a time, then go do something else (like smelling flowers :silly:, washing the dishes ;) , playing with your imaginary gerbil :huh: , anything that'll exercise a different part of your brain). I think this will work even if you're on a time crunch or its like homework or something that you have to do after school (homework never made sense to me ¬_¬).

This will give the mathy sciency part of your brain a break, so that when you go back to it you have a fresh outlook on whatever math problem your working on. Think of it like swimming underwater. You could choose to swim underwater for longer periods of time because it'll get you farther faster...but you could potentially pass out from lack of air. Ooooor, you can swim for a set period and then come up for a supply of air.

That's how I swim anyway :silly:

And, of course, ask God for guidance and wisdom. He's really good at math...and science...and, ya know, everything that's good and beneficial to mankind (He actual helped me step by step with a math problem once. It was amazing.)

Oh, and about the cheating. Pray for strength, and just decide not to cheat. Think of the long term consequences. I mean, sure, you'll get "done" with your work sooner, but you wouldn't have learned anything, which is really gonna hurt when your in the operation room as a surgeon examining the patient's toes to find their block heart artery.

Not fun. Ask the brainless brain surgeon.

K, I'm done now
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, honeyflower, sunnyside1

My school 4 weeks 2 days ago #90377

• jGod8865
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Pollo y Papa Frita Philippians 4:13-
  • Thank you received: 225
emmykitty wrote:
I'll pray for you! I know how hard Algebra II is (ooooof I have a test over it today! :unsure: ) and can definitely relate. Multiplying matrices is such a pain for me! And the way our teacher teaches it is so that we cover something for two days and we don't see it again practically :huh:

My school does
Pre Algebra - 8th grade
Algebra I - Freshman
Geometry - Sophomore
Algebra II - Junior
Pre Calc or Calc (honors) - Senior

My school 4 weeks 2 days ago #90388

• bush possum
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Thank you received: 1215
sunnyside1 wrote:
Hey everyone, please pray for me with my school work. I want to do the best I can in all my subjects so I will be prepared for whatever God calls me to do. But right now, I'm failing Algebra 2/Trigonometry. I've basically been teaching myself for about a year now and I'll struggle for two or three hours to do thirty-some problems well; and when I finish, half or more of them are wrong. I hate feeling like a failure. But the worst part is that I'm getting tempted to cheat, just to get it done quickly. I know that's not right and it won't benefit me long term, so I'm trying to resist; but it's hard. Please pray for me.
Hey Sunny,
I know how hard it is to resist cheating, cos it feels so impossible, and it's such a quick solution. Take it from one who speaks from experience, it does not make it easier. Apart from the bad conscience, you don't learn how to work the problems later when it comes to the test. Then, when you give in once, it makes it harder to resist the next time.
I'm praying, but try asking your brother, mum, dad, Khan Academy, or Mr. Google for help after asking God :) Jesus will help you, cos He's done it for me, and He promised He'd help you too!! :D
Psalms 50:15 >>
And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, honeyflower, sunnyside1, im a beekeeper

My school 3 weeks 5 days ago #90457

• Blue Tornado
  • I'm an otaku.
  • Thank you received: 895
bush possum wrote:
sunnyside1 wrote:
Hey Sunny,
I know how hard it is to resist cheating, cos it feels so impossible, and it's such a quick solution. Take it from one who speaks from experience, it does not make it easier. Apart from the bad conscience, you don't learn how to work the problems later when it comes to the test. Then, when you give in once, it makes it harder to resist the next time.
I'm praying, but try asking your brother, mum, dad, Khan Academy, or Mr. Google for help after asking God :) Jesus will help you, cos He's done it for me, and He promised He'd help you too!! :D
And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

I feel like using "cos" at the beginning of your post was a Trigonometry pun

"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: rip
Roblox: BlueTorn

My school 3 weeks 5 days ago #90478

• honeyflower
  • NOW ONLINE
Blue Tornado wrote:
bush possum wrote:
sunnyside1 wrote:
Hey Sunny,

That's really just how she says "cause", though I thought the same thing the first time she talked me to me, using "cos". :lol:
I'm writing a book, called "Classical #b: A True Addiction Story". Anyone get it? ;)
I never let my schooling interfere with my education, and always and never are two words you should always remember never to use. :whistle:

My school 3 weeks 5 days ago #90482

• emmykitty
  • Don't be lasagna.
  • Thank you received: 328
jGod8865 wrote:
emmykitty wrote:

My school does
Pre Algebra - 8th grade
Algebra I - Freshman
Geometry - Sophomore
Algebra II - Junior
Pre Calc or Calc (honors) - Senior
I did math 1-6 in grades 1-6, Math 8 in 7th grade, Algebra I in 8th grade, and doing Algebra II right now. If I take Geometry over the summer like I want to, I'll take PreCal next year and Calculus my junior year :cheer: otherwise i'll do Geom next year, PreCal my junior, and Calc my senior year :side: Hbu??

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD

My school 3 weeks 5 days ago #90510

• bush possum
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
honeyflower wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:
bush possum wrote:
sunnyside1 wrote:
Hey Sunny,

That's really just how she says "cause", though I thought the same thing the first time she talked me to me, using "cos". :lol:
Nonononono, I didn't intend it to be a pun, I don't even know these things XD yeah, that's just how I talk ^_^
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;

My school 3 weeks 5 days ago #90511

• honeyflower
  • NOW ONLINE
bush possum wrote:
honeyflower wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:
bush possum wrote:
sunnyside1 wrote:
Hey Sunny,

Nonononono, I didn't intend it to be a pun, I don't even know these things XD yeah, that's just how I talk ^_^

;) Trig puns, unnoticed by you. :p

My school 3 weeks 5 days ago #90516

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 617
honeyflower wrote:
bush possum wrote:
honeyflower wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:
bush possum wrote:
sunnyside1 wrote:
Hey Sunny,

Trig puns are no sin
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blue Tornado

My school 3 weeks 5 days ago #90521

• bush possum
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
honeyflower wrote:
bush possum wrote:
honeyflower wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:
bush possum wrote:
sunnyside1 wrote:
Hey Sunny,

Hey, don't trig-ger me!

:P
The following user(s) said Thank You: honeyflower, Blue Tornado, horsegirl04

My school 3 weeks 4 days ago #90526

bush possum wrote:
honeyflower wrote:
bush possum wrote:
honeyflower wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:
bush possum wrote:
sunnyside1 wrote:
Hey Sunny,

Hey, don't trig-ger me!

:P
*when you're still in Algebra and Trig sounds like a foreign language*
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, bush possum, honeyflower, Blue Tornado

My school 1 week 2 days ago #90910

• sunnyside1
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ready for God
  • Thank you received: 433
Thanks for the prayers! It's gotten a lot easier to resist! :)

My school 1 week 13 hours ago #90921

• horsegirl04
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 456
sunnyside1 wrote:
That's great!

But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up on wings like eagles,
They will run and not grow weary,
They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31 :)

My school 5 days 5 hours ago #90962

• Marme101
  • Loves God, cats and blue
  • Thank you received: 115
sunnyside1 wrote:

Good to hear, Sunny! :cheer:

My school 5 days 3 hours ago #90967

• bush possum
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
sunnyside1 wrote:
Praise God!!! Sorry, I missed this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oceangirl15

My school 4 days 19 hours ago #90970

• pathfinder4ever
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Keep calm swim & read on.(and do gymnaststics!)
  • Thank you received: 40
horsegirl04 wrote:
sunnyside1 wrote:
That's great!
:cheer:
#StvernoIsAFemale#Pathfinder4EverIsaFemale#LemonwizardIsaFemale #IAmAFemaleToo #FemaleHashtagMovement

4's my number
}""'^^"""{
I know pronounce my self in charge of the pencil until emmy01 returns.
#pathfindersisgreat
SNOW RULES
Happy birthday to all those born in Janurary:*)
I am a Gymnast.
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds