TOPIC: SRNitro

SRNitro 1 month 1 day ago #88950

• sunnyside1
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ready for God
  • Thank you received: 432
Kwesi wrote:
sunnyside1 wrote:
Once upon a time in a land far, far away, a king had two sons. They were very close to him and to each other and he gave them many useful gifts to fit them for eternity. All was well, until the king had a third son. He gave him gifts as well, gifts not necessarily better but most definitely different from what he had given his other sons.

About the same time, captives in a far away country began sending secret messages to the king, begging him for help and rescue. These captives were held under the control of the wicked witch. She was a tyrant, working them like slaves, killing them if they didn't do what she wanted, and brainwashing those who longed for something better. The king's heart was touched by the stories of suffering and the pleas sent for aid. He mustered an army, and left his home to rescue the captives.

At the city gate, he called his three sons to him and gave them each one more gift. To the first, he gave gentleness. To the second, he gave a valiant spirit. And to the third, he gave keen insight. Then he blessed them and left to the far country.

The first two looked at their gifts, and then at the youngest's gift. Each gift glowed with holiness but the youngest's seemed to glow just a little more brightly than theirs did. They left their gifts outside and went into a secret chamber of the palace to consult together. "It's not fair!" the first complained. "Our father loves him more than us!"

"I've heard that that kid isn't even our father's child! He's a nobody, welcomed into the king's household!" the second thought a moment. "I know! What if we make him feel like he isn't welcomed! Then he'll leave!"

"But we can't do anything to physically hurt him. Our father wouldn't be pleased with us if we did that," the first cautioned.

"Of course not! But that doesn't mean we can't say things. Things that will drive him away from this palace. If we succeed, then we will have our father's love again!"

The two princes agreed on this plan and left the chamber to find their brother. Meanwhile, the brother had embraced his gift from his father, and the elder brothers found plenty of occasion to pick arguments with him. His keen insight (and ability to voice his convictions) were constant annoyances to the older brothers. Time passed, the fights got worse and worse, and one by one the servants began dropping their positions at the palace. They didn't want to be in a place that was becoming nearly as bad as the witch's kingdom! More time passed, and at last came the day when the youngest son began focusing on what his brothers told him instead of what his father had promised him, and wished he could die.

And that day, the king returned. He found his city in chaos, his palace in shambles, and his youngest son's spirit broken. The youngest prince had accepted the fact that his father "didn't love him" and wanted nothing to do with him. It wasn't long until the king found out what had been happening. He called his three sons to him for one more gift.

He spoke to his youngest son first, "I have loved you with an everlasting love but you have not believed me. If you had turned to me when this first started, I would have covered you with my love and protected you with my life. But you thought you could handle it on your own. So while my gates will always be open to you, I know that you will not stay here anymore. Your gift is my blessing. Go in peace, my son, and come home soon."

He turned to the older sons, "You told your brother that he wasn't my actual son, which is true. That he was adopted, which is true. And that because he was not born to me, he is a nobody. What you failed to realize, is that you were not my actual sons. You were adopted. And you were not born to me. I rescued you, same as I rescued these captives behind me. However instead of strengthening your brother when you had the chance, you tore him down with your malicious speech. Therefore, be gone from me. Your home and your gifts shall be for those that called for me. These captives have been freed to be my sons and daughters. Your gift is to leave. It would be torture for you to stay here with so many people claiming my love."

All three princes left the palace that day. The gifts that the king had given them were stripped from their characters. And as they stepped through the city gate, the wicked witch beguiled them step by step deep into her country.

He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

If anybody will be so kind to give me a shortened version of this

Hey, it's story form! It's not that long... :P

Be careful about arguing because it may mean being left out of the kingdom.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SRNitro 1 month 1 day ago #88952

This forum is getting out of hand :dry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SRNitro, SkeleBoy10, horsegirl04, Pyrrhic

SRNitro 1 month 1 day ago #88958

• Kwesi
  • I love Poems and Quotes
  • Thank you received: 1394
Prov17 wrote:
Kwesi, I am a saint. That’s not blasphemy because I’m a Christian, and true Christians are saints. Jesus is not my brother; He is my ruler and Messiah which also means Christ according to the footnotes in the NIV Bible.
Stop please stop this is too blasphemous
Life is too short for petty games and argument.

SRNitro 1 month 1 day ago #88965

• InspiredThinker
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1241
Kwesi wrote:
sunnyside1 wrote:
Once upon a time in a land far, far away, a king had two sons. They were very close to him and to each other and he gave them many useful gifts to fit them for eternity. All was well, until the king had a third son. He gave him gifts as well, gifts not necessarily better but most definitely different from what he had given his other sons.

About the same time, captives in a far away country began sending secret messages to the king, begging him for help and rescue. These captives were held under the control of the wicked witch. She was a tyrant, working them like slaves, killing them if they didn't do what she wanted, and brainwashing those who longed for something better. The king's heart was touched by the stories of suffering and the pleas sent for aid. He mustered an army, and left his home to rescue the captives.

At the city gate, he called his three sons to him and gave them each one more gift. To the first, he gave gentleness. To the second, he gave a valiant spirit. And to the third, he gave keen insight. Then he blessed them and left to the far country.

The first two looked at their gifts, and then at the youngest's gift. Each gift glowed with holiness but the youngest's seemed to glow just a little more brightly than theirs did. They left their gifts outside and went into a secret chamber of the palace to consult together. "It's not fair!" the first complained. "Our father loves him more than us!"

"I've heard that that kid isn't even our father's child! He's a nobody, welcomed into the king's household!" the second thought a moment. "I know! What if we make him feel like he isn't welcomed! Then he'll leave!"

"But we can't do anything to physically hurt him. Our father wouldn't be pleased with us if we did that," the first cautioned.

"Of course not! But that doesn't mean we can't say things. Things that will drive him away from this palace. If we succeed, then we will have our father's love again!"

The two princes agreed on this plan and left the chamber to find their brother. Meanwhile, the brother had embraced his gift from his father, and the elder brothers found plenty of occasion to pick arguments with him. His keen insight (and ability to voice his convictions) were constant annoyances to the older brothers. Time passed, the fights got worse and worse, and one by one the servants began dropping their positions at the palace. They didn't want to be in a place that was becoming nearly as bad as the witch's kingdom! More time passed, and at last came the day when the youngest son began focusing on what his brothers told him instead of what his father had promised him, and wished he could die.

And that day, the king returned. He found his city in chaos, his palace in shambles, and his youngest son's spirit broken. The youngest prince had accepted the fact that his father "didn't love him" and wanted nothing to do with him. It wasn't long until the king found out what had been happening. He called his three sons to him for one more gift.

He spoke to his youngest son first, "I have loved you with an everlasting love but you have not believed me. If you had turned to me when this first started, I would have covered you with my love and protected you with my life. But you thought you could handle it on your own. So while my gates will always be open to you, I know that you will not stay here anymore. Your gift is my blessing. Go in peace, my son, and come home soon."

He turned to the older sons, "You told your brother that he wasn't my actual son, which is true. That he was adopted, which is true. And that because he was not born to me, he is a nobody. What you failed to realize, is that you were not my actual sons. You were adopted. And you were not born to me. I rescued you, same as I rescued these captives behind me. However instead of strengthening your brother when you had the chance, you tore him down with your malicious speech. Therefore, be gone from me. Your home and your gifts shall be for those that called for me. These captives have been freed to be my sons and daughters. Your gift is to leave. It would be torture for you to stay here with so many people claiming my love."

All three princes left the palace that day. The gifts that the king had given them were stripped from their characters. And as they stepped through the city gate, the wicked witch beguiled them step by step deep into her country.

He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

If anybody will be so kind to give me a shortened version of this

Basically we're all adopted by God so don't put each other down or else we miss out on the blessings we are promised as his children.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pyrrhic

SRNitro 1 month 1 day ago #88967

Kwesi wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
Kwesi, I am a saint. That’s not blasphemy because I’m a Christian, and true Christians are saints. Jesus is not my brother; He is my ruler and Messiah which also means Christ according to the footnotes in the NIV Bible.
I am a saint!
*que everyone to bow down to me*
but in all seriousness, I agree with Kwesi. Saints are used by Catholics to worship people. I am not a saint, I am a sinner, and I need God's grace to save me. Saying I am a saint is almost like saying I don't need God to save me. I'm open to someone proving me wrong, but that's how I see it as of now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kwesi

SRNitro 1 month 1 day ago #88995

• SRNitro
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Thank you received: 481
Prov17 wrote:
SRNitro, since when did conservatives riot? Last I heard on the news, the liberal, Sodomite-supporting Antifa and the liberal, Sodomite-supporting Black Lives Matter riot and destroy public & private property. They also murder people all in the name of “anti-fascism” and “justice”.
I don't think all conservatives riot like idiots and I don't think all Democrats riot like idiots either. Saying that one or the other is a violent group is ignorant.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl

SRNitro 1 month 1 day ago #89007

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 564
Sometimes I wonder why I even bother coming on Guide anymore.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, SRNitro, sunnyside1, SkeleBoy10, Pyrrhic, TravelPastel

SR 1 month 1 day ago #89015

• horsegirl04
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 430
LolingforJesus wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
I am a saint!
but in all seriousness, I agree with Kwesi. Saints are used by Catholics to worship people. I am not a saint, I am a sinner, and I need God's grace to save me. Saying I am a saint is almost like saying I don't need God to save me. I'm open to someone proving me wrong, but that's how I see it as of now.
The way Catholics worship the saints is different from the actual meaning. Just because I am a saint doesn’t mean I cannot sin. All it means is that I have given my life to God and am trying my best to do what is right and to follow Him to the best of my ability.

But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up on wings like eagles,
They will run and not grow weary,
They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31 :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

SR 1 month 1 day ago #89018

horsegirl04 wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
I am a saint!
The way Catholics worship the saints is different from the actual meaning. Just because I am a saint doesn’t mean I cannot sin. All it means is that I have given my life to God and am trying my best to do what is right and to follow Him to the best of my ability.
" Christians are both sinners and saints. All human beings are sinners because we are born in sin. But not all humans are saints. According to the Bible, a saint is not someone who has done wonderful things, nor is it someone who has been deemed a saint by a church or organization. The word translated “saint” in the New Testament, hagios, literally means “sacred, physically pure; morally blameless or religious; ceremonially consecrated; holy.” In the context of New Testament passages, saints are those who belong to the body of Christ, saved by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8–9). In other words, saint is another word for a Christian, a true believer in the Lord Jesus Christ."
Well, maybe then. However, I think it's a little prideful to proclaim yourself a saint. :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, Kwesi

SR 1 month 20 hours ago #89038

• horsegirl04
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 430
LolingforJesus wrote:
horsegirl04 wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
I am a saint!
" Christians are both sinners and saints. All human beings are sinners because we are born in sin. But not all humans are saints. According to the Bible, a saint is not someone who has done wonderful things, nor is it someone who has been deemed a saint by a church or organization. The word translated “saint” in the New Testament, hagios, literally means “sacred, physically pure; morally blameless or religious; ceremonially consecrated; holy.” In the context of New Testament passages, saints are those who belong to the body of Christ, saved by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8–9). In other words, saint is another word for a Christian, a true believer in the Lord Jesus Christ."
Well, maybe then. However, I think it's a little prideful to proclaim yourself a saint. :unsure:
It is a daily choice to follow God everyday we sin, and everyday we (should) give our lives back to God

But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up on wings like eagles,
They will run and not grow weary,
They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31 :)
Last Edit: 1 month 11 hours ago by horsegirl04. Reason: -_-

SRNitro 1 month 16 hours ago #89042

• SRNitro
  • NOW ONLINE
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Sometimes I wonder why I even bother coming on Guide anymore.

I think I’m going to come on this web site less and less. Unless I become a moderator.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl

SRNitro 1 month 15 hours ago #89049

• SkeleBoy10
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 64
Holy cow, this topic has got out of hand...

Here's my thoughts. yes, SRNitro's opinions are unique, but to be fair, even though you may disagree with his opinions, his points are actually very well executed and researched, so I do respect his debates and all that.
As for CLUR, it's good to pray for people, but the execution of that initial post made it sound rude. Not saying the reason was, but the way the post was structured made it sound rude.
For prov, same thing, intention good, but to me it sounded wrong.

Maybe it's a misunderstanding of the reasons behind the post that made a huge argument, but just first glance, it makes sense why this would lead to an argument.
Although now ,again, I think this argument has gotten way out of hand. Just forgive each other, move on, the end. ._.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, SRNitro, sunnyside1, LolingforJesus

SRNitro 4 weeks 2 days ago #89109

• pathfinder4ever
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Keep calm swim & read on.(and do gymnaststics!)
  • Thank you received: 30
you could have just said "lets pray for all the people on guides salvation."
#StvernoIsAFemale#Pathfinder4EverIsaFemale#LemonwizardIsaFemale #IAmAFemaleToo #FemaleHashtagMovement

4's my number
}""'^^"""{
I know pronounce my self in charge of the pencil until emmy01 returns.
#pathfindersisgreat
SNOW RULES
Happy birthday to all those born in Janurary:*)
I am a Gymnast.

SRNitro 3 weeks 6 days ago #89240

• Prov17
  • Live holy as God is holy
  • Thank you received: 304
Kwesi wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
Kwesi,
How is my statement blasphemy? I’ve heard it said that in order to claim a statement as Biblical, one needs two to three verses to prove it. You have
been given three verses by Bush Possum, Horsegirl04 and myself where Christians are called saints. I came across a fourth verse yesterday, Ephesians 5:3. Do you have a verse proving that sainthood equals brotherhood with Jesus?

Ephesians 5:3 says, “ But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints;

SRNitro, I agree that not all people are idiots, but I was referring to Antifa and Black Lives Matter.
Are the things you're living for worth Christ dying for? -Leonard Ravenhill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blue Tornado

SRNitro 3 weeks 4 days ago #89355

• Blue Tornado
  • I'm an otaku.
  • Thank you received: 862
Prov17 wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
Kwesi,
How is my statement blasphemy? I’ve heard it said that in order to claim a statement as Biblical, one needs two to three verses to prove it. You have
been given three verses by Bush Possum, Horsegirl04 and myself where Christians are called saints. I came across a fourth verse yesterday, Ephesians 5:3. Do you have a verse proving that sainthood equals brotherhood with Jesus?

Ephesians 5:3 says, “ But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints;

SRNitro, I agree that not all people are idiots, but I was referring to Antifa and Black Lives Matter.

Just want to add that I've actually memorized books of the Bible referring to God's children as saints and I can 100% verify Prov's claim

"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: rip
Roblox: BlueTorn
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, Prov17

SRNitro 2 weeks 1 day ago #89603

• Prov17
  • Live holy as God is holy
  • Thank you received: 304
LolingforJesus,
I reject any form of Catholicism and agree that Catholics shouldn’t worship saints. I also agree with you that saints are those who belong to the body of Christ, saved by grace through faith. Saying I am a saint is just like saying God has saved me already.

We cannot be both a sinner and a saint; that is like saying you’re a sober drunk. You’re either one or the other. I am a saint and a Christian, but I do not call myself a sinner because I WAS a sinner, and now I don’t live in sin. When we are living in sin, we are cut off from God. When we are Christians, we are to live holy lives with God’s help and forsake sin. It is possible when you walk in God’s Spirit according to Galatians 5:16 which says, “But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh”. If a self-proclaiming Christian is still sinning all the time, I doubt their salvation. I believe a Christian could sin again, but of course he shouldn’t tolerate that in his life, and he should make amends and move on. I believe that if a Christian sins, he must repent immediately or will be cut off from God.
Are the things you're living for worth Christ dying for? -Leonard Ravenhill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, horsegirl04

SRNitro 2 weeks 1 day ago #89612

Prov17 wrote:
LolingforJesus,
I reject any form of Catholicism and agree that Catholics shouldn’t worship saints. I also agree with you that saints are those who belong to the body of Christ, saved by grace through faith. Saying I am a saint is just like saying God has saved me already.

We cannot be both a sinner and a saint; that is like saying you’re a sober drunk. You’re either one or the other. I am a saint and a Christian, but I do not call myself a sinner because I WAS a sinner, and now I don’t live in sin. When we are living in sin, we are cut off from God. When we are Christians, we are to live holy lives with God’s help and forsake sin. It is possible when you walk in God’s Spirit according to Galatians 5:16 which says, “But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh”. If a self-proclaiming Christian is still sinning all the time, I doubt their salvation. I believe a Christian could sin again, but of course he shouldn’t tolerate that in his life, and he should make amends and move on. I believe that if a Christian sins, he must repent immediately or will be cut off from God.
I am a sinner, in need of a Savior.
You can't argue with that.

SRNitro 2 weeks 13 hours ago #89641

@LolingforJesus

You are a sinner in need of a Savior. That Savior is Jesus, and He saved you from sin. It's not something that will happen in the future...you're assured your salvation right now. Therefore, if you're washed in the blood of Christ, you're a saint. In God's eyes, you're a saint because Christ's character was put over your sinful one. Even though you still live in this sinful world and make mistakes sometimes, you're covered with Jesus' righteousness. So you're a saint.

Paul addresses the believers as saints, and I don't conside this blasphemous in the least. To me, it doesn't sound like he's focusing on our works. It seems like he's focusing on Jesus. And because his focus is Jesus, he's able to say we're saints, because it's only once we place Jesus as the focal point that we can say with truth that we are saints.

I hope I helped someone out! And please don't take this personally. I'm stating my opinion, not enforcing a fact. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, sunnyside1

SRNitro 2 weeks 12 hours ago #89644

BeAnxiousForNothing wrote:
@LolingforJesus

You are a sinner in need of a Savior. That Savior is Jesus, and He saved you from sin. It's not something that will happen in the future...you're assured your salvation right now. Therefore, if you're washed in the blood of Christ, you're a saint. In God's eyes, you're a saint because Christ's character was put over your sinful one. Even though you still live in this sinful world and make mistakes sometimes, you're covered with Jesus' righteousness. So you're a saint.

Paul addresses the believers as saints, and I don't conside this blasphemous in the least. To me, it doesn't sound like he's focusing on our works. It seems like he's focusing on Jesus. And because his focus is Jesus, he's able to say we're saints, because it's only once we place Jesus as the focal point that we can say with truth that we are saints.

I hope I helped someone out! And please don't take this personally. I'm stating my opinion, not enforcing a fact. :)
oh, I'm not saying that we are not saints.
I just prefer not to call myself a saint...

SRNitro 1 week 4 days ago #89711

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 564
LolingforJesus wrote:
@LolingforJesus

Why?
All rules have exceptions, including this one.

SRNitro 1 week 3 days ago #89767

• SRNitro
  • NOW ONLINE
Prov17 wrote:

Yeah I'm saying Antifa and Black Lives Matter people are not all idiots. Some of them just quietly sit there and share their messages. Actually Antifa is a little more on the violent side but I still would hate to generalize a whole group when they're not even that bad. You just say that because you're conservative. Of course there are extreme leftists. But there are also extreme rightists. If I were to classify as all conservatives as people from THE CRAZY NAZIS OF CHARLOTTESVILLE, wouldn't you get mad for generalizing a whole group of people? You're doing the exact same thing. .
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by bush possum. Reason: Leave out personality issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: endershadow112

SRNitro 1 week 3 days ago #89768

• SRNitro
  • NOW ONLINE
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
@LolingforJesus

Why?
I don't know it seems kind of like a stupid thing to say. I understand why Prov17 said it and it was because someone asked him if he thought he was. But if you're like mentioning it all the time and almost bragging about it, you come off like your on a high horse and your putting yourself on a pedestal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LolingforJesus

SRNitro 1 week 3 days ago #89786

SRNitro wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
@LolingforJesus

Why?
I don't know it seems kind of like a stupid thing to say. I understand why Prov17 said it and it was because someone asked him if he thought he was. But if you're like mentioning it all the time and almost bragging about it, you come off like your on a high horse and your putting yourself on a pedestal.

Plus, while we are saints, it still gives the wrong impression, because of the way the term is used nowadays. So it's best not to use it because it'll give people the wrong idea, as you can probably tell from this whole argument.
You just wasted your time reading this meaningless signature...
The following user(s) said Thank You: LolingforJesus

SRNitro 1 week 2 days ago #89800

endershadow112 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
@LolingforJesus

Why?

Plus, while we are saints, it still gives the wrong impression, because of the way the term is used nowadays. So it's best not to use it because it'll give people the wrong idea, as you can probably tell from this whole argument.
Thank u @SRNitro and @endershadow112 that's all I was trying to say, it comes off as prideful even though I know your guy's intentions are good
The following user(s) said Thank You: SRNitro

SRNitro 4 days 6 hours ago #90031

I'm sorry for making this topic, I did not intend for it to cause controversy. Please stop.
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04, jGod8865, LolingforJesus
Time to create page: 0.325 seconds