Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: My Spiritual Life

My Spiritual Life 2 months 4 days ago #87045

• oceangirl15
  • I love the OCEAN!!
  • Thank you received: 6
Well... I feel like I have not been very close to God lately. I feel like there is a border or wall between us. I do not know how to get back what I used to have. I don't know or understand. I really and truly want the love of God in me again. Thank you for taking the time and energy to pray for me.
Thx, Ellie
I've got no need to worry. I got no room fo doubt. No matta wuts comin at me, You'll (God) always be the beautiful I sing about. There ain't no limitations, fo yo amazing grace. Your amazing grace.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

My Spiritual Life 2 months 3 days ago #87060

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3133
I know what you mean. I can offer some advice bases on my own experience.

Think back to when you last had the love of God on your heart. What kinds of things were you doing (praying often, reading the bible, etc.) and not doing (watching or eating certain things, etc). I'm not trying to promote salvation by works, but the things that we do affect our relationship with God.

I'll stop there 'cause there's a lot of stuff that I want to say bit I don't have enough time. Just think about how much time you spend with God (including how often you think about spiritual things) verses how much time you spend doing the things that don't exactly direct your mind to God (these things don't necessarily have to be bad or sinful, but they don't direct your mind heavenward).

My Spiritual Life 1 month 4 weeks ago #87455

• oceangirl15
  • I love the OCEAN!!
Quirky wrote:

Think back to when you last had the love of God on your heart. What kinds of things were you doing (praying often, reading the bible, etc.) and not doing (watching or eating certain things, etc). I'm not trying to promote salvation by works, but the things that we do affect our relationship with God.

I'll stop there 'cause there's a lot of stuff that I want to say bit I don't have enough time. Just think about how much time you spend with God (including how often you think about spiritual things) verses how much time you spend doing the things that don't exactly direct your mind to God (these things don't necessarily have to be bad or sinful, but they don't direct your mind heavenward).
Well yeah, I did pray and read the Bible. But I still do. It just doesn't seem like I have the light tht I used too. I haven't been doing anything bad either. I just don't know.
I've got no need to worry. I got no room fo doubt. No matta wuts comin at me, You'll (God) always be the beautiful I sing about. There ain't no limitations, fo yo amazing grace. Your amazing grace.

My Spiritual Life 1 month 3 weeks ago #87549

oceangirl15 wrote:
Quirky wrote:

Well yeah, I did pray and read the Bible. But I still do. It just doesn't seem like I have the light tht I used too. I haven't been doing anything bad either. I just don't know.
Idk what u watch/listen to, but sometimes if ur watching something that is bad or listening to something that is bad the Holy Spirit will not come to u.

I am not saying u are, I have no idea. I struggle with listening to music that is not good, and whenever I do I notice that I just don't feel like I used to :)

My Spiritual Life 1 month 8 hours ago #89005

• oceangirl15
  • I love the OCEAN!!
No, I have never even seen a R rated movie before. I do struggle with music as well, but I hardly ever listen to tht kind of music. I just don't know.

My Spiritual Life 1 month 43 minutes ago #89024

oceangirl15 wrote:
No, I have never even seen a R rated movie before. I do struggle with music as well, but I hardly ever listen to tht kind of music. I just don't know.
In that case, I would recommend the Desire of Ages, unless you have already read it. I am reading it right now and it is an amazing book. Definitely my favorite book from EGW. Also praying a lot is good :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds