Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 12: Competition and the Christian, Part 1 (June 23, 2012)

Lesson 12: Competition and the Christian, Part 1 (June 23, 2012) 5 years 5 months ago #4780

• tball
  • Thank you received: 53
It’s Friday afternoon and you and some of your good friends have come together to play some games. Someone suggests football (either American football or soccer), and everyone agrees. As the game goes on, you find yourself becoming more and more caught up in the desire to win. Not just to win, but to annihilate the opposing team. Those people who were once such good friends have become annoying in their responses to your taunting, and every time you score, the other team has answers. What started out as a friendly game has become a battle, with each side beginning to despise the other.
How will your actions affect your friendships? Is the cost of such competition worth the risk? Is there another way to play?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Lesson 12: Competition and the Christian, Part 1 (June 23, 2012) 5 years 4 months ago #4834

It really wouldnt affect my friendships because as soon as a team wins and the game finishes were all back to normal. Sure, the losing team is sour for some moments but then my friends and I just go on with the day joking and laughing and having just plain fun. So the game really was just for fun because even if the teams started to get competitive, at the end of the day me and my friends are our own tight group and a silly game wont wreck our close friendships.

Re: Lesson 12: Competition and the Christian, Part 1 (June 23, 2012) 5 years 4 months ago #4835

It really wouldnt affect my friendships because as soon as a team wins and the game finishes were all back to normal. Sure, the losing team is sour for some moments but then my friends and I just go on with the day joking and laughing and having just plain fun. So the game really was just for fun because even if the teams started to get competitive, at the end of the day me and my friends are our own tight group and a silly game wont wreck our close friendships.

:)

Re: Lesson 12: Competition and the Christian, Part 1 (June 23, 2012) 5 years 4 months ago #4926

• littlez
  • God+Piano+Basketball+Soccer+Fr​iends and Family=The
  • Thank you received: 22
Like in the story, I play basketball, and I like to play hard. But one day I realized that I was becoming too competitive :angry: .I had an envy for the opposing team, especially when I'm carrying my team and we're winning by a lot. Then I realized that God doesn't want a spirit of hate inside of us, especially over a game. So there should be at least one person who can say,"Nice shot," "Good block," or even admit that your opponent got you with a crossover. When I became that person, all of the games I played brought laughter when we miss, joking around, and great sportsmanship :lol: So if each one of us can become that person, we can all see that one person can make a difference for healthy fun :)
Soooooooo, yeah B)

Re: Lesson 12: Competition and the Christian, Part 1 (June 23, 2012) 5 years 4 months ago #5083

I think that the friendships would be affected because when some people get really competitive, a problem gets sparked and it sometimes leads to fights. :angry: No, because I think that your friends are more important than a game or competition.You and your friends should never fight over something really stupid. When you play a game, you should have fun and not think about competition. you should always think about the best solution for everything. :)
:)
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds