Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 11: Living in a Material World (June 16, 2012)

Lesson 11: Living in a Material World (June 16, 2012) 5 years 5 months ago #4463

• tball
  • Thank you received: 53
At church your best friend comes in waving a ticket to a concert by your favorite band. You manage to swallow your envy, “thou shalt not covet” and all that. Then you realize you have enough savings. Barely. You could go. The guest speakers that day at church are missionaries. They live with no running water and not enough food. Families in their village live in shacks made of boxes. They’ll pass a basket soon for donations. But you need your money for the concert ticket.
If you decide to use the money for the concert, do you think you’ll be able to enjoy yourself? What do you think your responsibility is toward missions?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: angel31

Re: Lesson 11: Living in a Material World (June 16, 2012) 5 years 5 months ago #4465

• Gogirl
  • Hi you guys!
  • Thank you received: 185
If I do decide to go to the concert I wouldn't enjoy myself that much because I Would know or remember that I didn't give money to the Missions, I would know that my job for the Missions is to donate money and help them because they are poor :)

Re: Lesson 11: Living in a Material World (June 16, 2012) 5 years 5 months ago #4470

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
I think that she should do what her conscience is telling her to do. If she disobeys her conscience, she will not be happy, she will feel guilty.
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)

Re: Lesson 11: Living in a Material World (June 16, 2012) 5 years 5 months ago #4495

I think that if she decides to go to the concert than she won't really enjoy it because she will
feel really guilty that she went to the concert instead of giving her money to the donations.
And also if she gave money than who knows,GOD might even award her.....
Make the most of now because...
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery
and Todays a gift...Thats why it's called the present.
Follow this and you will never go wrong...:) 8)

Re: Lesson 11: Living in a Material World (June 16, 2012) 5 years 5 months ago #4508

Honestly, I would give my money to the missionaries and then beg my parents for money for the concert!

Re: Lesson 11: Living in a Material World (June 16, 2012) 5 years 5 months ago #4525

• jemzi boo
  • aaaaw!!! so qute
  • Thank you received: 1
i think that she should give the money to the mission because in return god will bless her and maybe she will get even more money than what she had to pay for the concert ticket :)
i love to read

Re: Lesson 11: Living in a Material World (June 16, 2012) 5 years 5 months ago #4528

i would feel bad about not helping :(

Re: Lesson 11: Living in a Material World (June 16, 2012) 5 years 4 months ago #5038

• ChristSk8ter
  • #JustLikeYou
  • Thank you received: 2
I think would talk to an adult or parent on the subject and tell them i want to help the missionaries but also go to the concert.If i give the money to the missionaries my parents would congratulate me on doing the right choice and maybe pay for me to go to the concert!?!? ;)
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds