Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 2: Way to Pray, Part 2 (April 14, 2018)

Lesson 2: Way to Pray, Part 2 (April 14, 2018) 4 years 10 months ago #92019

• kpeckham
  • Thank you received: 105
Justin prays regularly to God, and if you were to ask him, he would say that prayer is the most important part of his faith. But he feels really uncomfortable praying out loud in front of others because it is so personal. He doesn’t want to fake it, but he feels guilty when he is asked to pray and he refuses. What would you say to him to help encourage him? What do you think he should do, if anything?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lesson 2: Way to Pray, Part 2 (April 14, 2018) 4 years 10 months ago #92021

• LolingforJesus
  • DONT GET INNIPROPRIT
  • Thank you received: 687
Justin and I are the same! I love praying, it's like talking to the best friend who already knows so it's not awkward... besides God is great at calming me and listening to all the stupid drama I get wrapped into. So my answer would be that, if he's asked to pray for church or something, to write it down. I don't think it's bad, since it is from the heart, but sometimes getting up front can be nerve wrecking, and no one wants to listen to a fumbling prayer. As time goes on I think he'll feel better and get more used to it. And if he's asked on the spur of the moment, it's definitely okay to say no. The pharisee prayed a loud and eloquent (though quite boisterous) prayer, and it didn't get him to heaven. But the publican's sweet prayer to God, that was straight from the heart and not show-y, that was what God wanted.

Hope this makes sense :lol:
baby crawdaddy's are literally the cutest thing ever

Lesson 2: Way to Pray, Part 2 (April 14, 2018) 4 years 10 months ago #92025

• pathfinder4ever
  • NOW ONLINE
  • don’t click my profile.. Philippians 4:13
  • Thank you received: 649
LolingforJesus wrote:
Justin and I are the same! I love praying, it's like talking to the best friend who already knows so it's not awkward... besides God is great at calming me and listening to all the stupid drama I get wrapped into. So my answer would be that, if he's asked to pray for church or something, to write it down. I don't think it's bad, since it is from the heart, but sometimes getting up front can be nerve wrecking, and no one wants to listen to a fumbling prayer. As time goes on I think he'll feel better and get more used to it. And if he's asked on the spur of the moment, it's definitely okay to say no. The pharisee prayed a loud and eloquent (though quite boisterous) prayer, and it didn't get him to heaven. But the publican's sweet prayer to God, that was straight from the heart and not show-y, that was what God wanted.

Hope this makes sense :lol:
it does
Speak for those who have no voice.
Red and yellow...black and white.... We're all precious in His sight....❤️
Any questions? Ask!
-kash (aka pathfinder4ever)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LolingforJesus

Lesson 2: Way to Pray, Part 2 (April 14, 2018) 4 years 9 months ago #92056

Just pray. Ultimately, you are talking to God.
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds