Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 2: Christian Character (January 13, 2018)

Lesson 2: Christian Character (January 13, 2018) 1 week 6 days ago #89784

  • kpeckham
  • kpeckham's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 159
  • Thank you received: 57
While shopping in a store, you notice a young boy acting suspiciously. Standing in the toy section, he hides an item in his pocket, thinking no one has seen him. What would you do? You could do nothing and let the kid learn his lesson the hard way. You might say something to him. If so, what would you say?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lesson 2: Christian Character (January 13, 2018) 1 week 6 days ago #89792

  • Blue Tornado
  • Blue Tornado's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm an otaku.
  • Posts: 1063
  • Thank you received: 864
The first thing that comes to mind is, obviously, tell him what he's doing is wrong. Lovingly, of course. I've heard stories of Christians telling non-christians that they're deliberately sinning in a non-lovingly way and that it leads the non-Christian further from Christ. However, the boy is a stranger. I tend to stay away from strangers (stranger danger!), most probably because I'm very introverted, but that's besides the point. The point is that since I don't know him, it wouldn't have the same effect if I were to tell him what he was doing is wrong as if I knew him well. Of course, this doesn't mean I create a superficial relationship with him that eventually leads up to me scolding him for what he did x amount of time ago. This doesn't mean, however, that an adult can't handle it...

TL;DR: I would most likely leave the boy alone but tell an employee.


"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: rip
Roblox: BlueTorn
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SRNitro

Lesson 2: Christian Character (January 13, 2018) 1 week 6 days ago #89796

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 735
  • Thank you received: 483
Blue Tornado wrote:
The first thing that comes to mind is, obviously, tell him what he's doing is wrong. Lovingly, of course. I've heard stories of Christians telling non-christians that they're deliberately sinning in a non-lovingly way and that it leads the non-Christian further from Christ. However, the boy is a stranger. I tend to stay away from strangers (stranger danger!), most probably because I'm very introverted, but that's besides the point. The point is that since I don't know him, it wouldn't have the same effect if I were to tell him what he was doing is wrong as if I knew him well. Of course, this doesn't mean I create a superficial relationship with him that eventually leads up to me scolding him for what he did x amount of time ago. This doesn't mean, however, that an adult can't handle it...

TL;DR: I would most likely leave the boy alone but tell an employee.

I think that would be the smartest thing to do. Just tell the worker so he'll learn his lesson.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lesson 2: Christian Character (January 13, 2018) 1 week 6 days ago #89804

Tbh, I'd spy on him for a little (creepy I know but...) and see if I really think that's true. Then I'd tell an employee.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lesson 2: Christian Character (January 13, 2018) 1 week 5 days ago #89812

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 735
  • Thank you received: 483
LolingforJesus wrote:
Tbh, I'd spy on him for a little (creepy I know but...) and see if I really think that's true. Then I'd tell an employee.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

It's not wrong, it just seems unnecessary and weird, like you're judging him from afar. I would suggest skipping the spying part and just telling the employee.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lesson 2: Christian Character (January 13, 2018) 1 week 5 days ago #89839

SRNitro wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Tbh, I'd spy on him for a little (creepy I know but...) and see if I really think that's true. Then I'd tell an employee.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

It's not wrong, it just seems unnecessary and weird, like you're judging him from afar. I would suggest skipping the spying part and just telling the employee.
Lol that's probably true... but at least let me use my drone on him :(
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lesson 2: Christian Character (January 13, 2018) 12 hours 12 minutes ago #90283

  • SirGeneralCliche
  • SirGeneralCliche's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Posts: 734
  • Thank you received: 568
In this hypothetical situation, I would walk up to the kid and casually ask him what he’s got in his pocket. I be as polite as possible and try to let him know that he is doing wrong without directly saying it.

However, if this situation happened in real life, I’d probably convince myself that he isn’t shoplifting and just carry on, because I wouldn’t want to risk falsely accusing him. It’s not what I wish I would do in that situation, but it’s what I’d probably do.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds