Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 2: End-time: Angels of Mercy (October 14, 2017

Lesson 2: End-time: Angels of Mercy (October 14, 2017 2 weeks 2 days ago #85741

• kpeckham
  • Thank you received: 57
Mr. Runako teaches school on a tiny Indonesian island. One day he rushes into the village, warning that a typhoon will hit the island within 24 hours. He begs everyone to leave for the mainland immediately. Most villagers refuse, saying they’ll ride out this typhoon like any other. Nothing he says can budge them. Tearfully, he piles his family into a small boat, departing promptly for the mainland. Some families, skeptical about the storm’s arrival, leisurely cram their boats with possessions, but a monster typhoon surprises them, destroying much property and many lives.

How does this scenario reflect our stormy times? Why didn’t Mr. Runako force the villagers to leave? How much are we responsible for others’ lives, if at all? How far should we go in warning others of danger?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lesson 2: End-time: Angels of Mercy (October 14, 2017 2 weeks 2 days ago #85746

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2916
We do have a responsibility to warn others, but if they choose not to listen despite what we say, then their 'blood' is on their own hands.

Ezekiel 3:16-19
[16]And it came to pass at the end of seven days, that the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
[17]Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me.
[18]When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
[19]Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds