Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 13: Make a Joyful Noise (September 23, 2017)

Lesson 13: Make a Joyful Noise (September 23, 2017) 1 month 1 week ago #85152

• kpeckham
  • Thank you received: 57
You really like the music of a certain Christian artist. But when your dad hears you playing it, he tells you, “That’s not appropriate music for a Christian to be listening to! You cannot praise and glorify God with that style of music.”

What do you think? Is it only the lyrics that matter? What are the styles of music that do not lead you closer to God? How does a Christian identify the music that is truly elevating to the mind, heart, and soul and leads a person closer to God?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lesson 13: Make a Joyful Noise (September 23, 2017) 1 month 1 week ago #85155

• SRNitro
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Thank you received: 423
kpeckham wrote:
You really like the music of a certain Christian artist. But when your dad hears you playing it, he tells you, “That’s not appropriate music for a Christian to be listening to! You cannot praise and glorify God with that style of music.”

What do you think? Is it only the lyrics that matter? What are the styles of music that do not lead you closer to God? How does a Christian identify the music that is truly elevating to the mind, heart, and soul and leads a person closer to God?

Yes of course the lyrics are the only thing that matter... Why would the beat or melody matter? There are no styles of music that don't lead you closer to God. They identify it through the lyrics.
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.

Lesson 13: Make a Joyful Noise (September 23, 2017) 1 month 1 week ago #85176

• SirGeneralCliche
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 512
kpeckham wrote:

The beat in music does make a difference. For example, we went to eat at the Hard Rock cafe once because we'd never really been before. As soon as we finished our meal my sister and I left to the Barnes and Noble next door because the rock music was giving us a headache. I know it wasn't the lyrics that were giving me a headache, because I could barely hear them.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
Last Edit: 1 month 5 days ago by Stverno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, mittens92999

Lesson 13: Make a Joyful Noise (September 23, 2017) 1 month 5 days ago #85213

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2916
There are a whole lot of factors to consider when listening to music (well, not a whole lot, but ya know what I mean). Here is a little card thingies that I got after watching the Distraction Dilemma by Christain Berdahl. @Snitro, of you haven't seen it already, I think you should. I think it'll really cater to your rationally thinking mind :)

File Attachment:

File Name: Music-Test.pdf
File Size: 337 KB

Lesson 13: Make a Joyful Noise (September 23, 2017) 1 month 5 days ago #85222

I don't think that the style of music would matter because I believe that God will use ways that will best interest who ever he is trying to get the attention of

Lesson 13: Make a Joyful Noise (September 23, 2017) 1 month 4 days ago #85232

• jGod8865
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 108
i agree the style of music docent matter. Most young people like me don't like regular low tempo gospel music, we want fast beat music. So if there is an artist who raps or sings gospel songs in that manner it isn't bad it's good. Because it's bringing people who wouldn't have been reached if you would have just used the other style of music.

Lesson 13: Make a Joyful Noise (September 23, 2017) 1 month 4 days ago #85235

• horsegirl04
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 346
Quirky wrote:
There are a whole lot of factors to consider when listening to music (well, not a whole lot, but ya know what I mean). Here is a little card thingies that I got after watching the Distraction Dilemma by Christain Berdahl. @Snitro, of you haven't seen it already, I think you should. I think it'll really cater to your rationally thinking mind :)

File Attachment:

File Name: Music-Test.pdf
File Size: 337 KB

those are really cool Quirky

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
#IMPORTANT #STVERNOISAGRIL #HASHTAGMOVEMENT

Lesson 13: Make a Joyful Noise (September 23, 2017) 1 month 4 days ago #85236

• horsegirl04
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 346
Stretch wrote:
I don't think that the style of music would matter because I believe that God will use ways that will best interest who ever he is trying to get the attention of

Welcome to Guide Stretch!

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
#IMPORTANT #STVERNOISAGRIL #HASHTAGMOVEMENT
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds