Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 12: God's Witnesses (September 16, 2017)

Lesson 12: God's Witnesses (September 16, 2017) 1 month 1 week ago #85036

• kpeckham
  • Thank you received: 57
Your youth group is going to sing, with mikes and speakers and everything, in the local park as an outreach for your city. You’re not much of a singer, and you know that kids from school hang out at that park. What will they think of you? Should you conquer your fear and go?

Some witnessing activities will make you feel uncomfortable. Should you do them anyway? Why or why not? How can you tell if you’re stepping out of your comfort zone or participating in an activity that’s just not right for you?
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by kpeckham.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lesson 12: God's Witnesses (September 16, 2017) 1 month 11 hours ago #85348

• CherryBomb
  • I am a gymnast, I love Roblox, And i love God! :3
  • Thank you received: 15
kpeckham wrote:
Your youth group is going to sing, with mikes and speakers and everything, in the local park as an outreach for your city. You’re not much of a singer, and you know that kids from school hang out at that park. What will they think of you? Should you conquer your fear and go?

Some witnessing activities will make you feel uncomfortable. Should you do them anyway? Why or why not? How can you tell if you’re stepping out of your comfort zone or participating in an activity that’s just not right for you?
It really depends. :huh:
Im CherryBomb99100 on Bonk.io, On ROBLOX I'm Kittycat99100, and on Chat on guide I'm lovegirl99100. And everywhere I'm a WEARDO!!! LOL!

Lesson 12: God's Witnesses (September 16, 2017) 1 month 10 hours ago #85358

Personally I'd say no, you don't have to do it. If he likes singing and is just afraid of doing it in front of his friends then he should try and conquer his fear. However if it is because he just isn't very comfortable singing, (like I am) then it's not neccesary that he participates. I really don't think singing and preaching and all that traditional witnessing stuff isn't everybody's thing, so while some who are suited should be encouraged, we have to realize that that is not the only way to help the church. Sometimes leadership or helping set-up, essentialy working in the background, is much better suited to some people. It's also a work that needs to be done, as it's hard to get large events done without leadership or people to set-up. I just wanted to say that because some people have a mindset of you have to step up and preach or sing, or do offering call and that sort of stuff to be useful to the church. I really don't think that is a good mindset, as my pathfinder leader was like that, and it's what caused me too not be a Teen leader.
You just wasted your time reading this meaningless signature...

Why are you still reading?

I already told you, there's nothing interesting here.
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds