Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 11: God's Way Is Best (September 9, 2017)

Lesson 11: God's Way Is Best (September 9, 2017) 1 week 3 days ago #84711

• kpeckham
  • Thank you received: 57
Kevin wants to feel included in school activities at his new school. He doesn’t necessarily want to become really popular, just accepted and a part of things. Sports aren’t his thing, so he takes his parents’ advice to try to get involved in student government. But, of course, all the important positions are taken by popular kids, whether they can do the jobs well or not. What is open to him, he is told, is a “position” as chair of the cleanup committee for the school picnic.

Should Kevin agree to do it? What will that say about him to his new schoolmates? Will he ever be seen as anything other than a “servant”? What advice would you give Kevin before he makes his decision?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lesson 11: God's Way Is Best (September 9, 2017) 1 week 3 days ago #84727

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2855
You gotta start somewhere, right? Instead of seeing it as an act of menial unimportant service, he could see it as an opportunity to interact with the other students. He can become well known throughout the school just by getting to know everyone one at a time :)

Lesson 11: God's Way Is Best (September 9, 2017) 1 week 3 days ago #84734

• SRNitro
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Thank you received: 394
kpeckham wrote:
Kevin wants to feel included in school activities at his new school. He doesn’t necessarily want to become really popular, just accepted and a part of things. Sports aren’t his thing, so he takes his parents’ advice to try to get involved in student government. But, of course, all the important positions are taken by popular kids, whether they can do the jobs well or not. What is open to him, he is told, is a “position” as chair of the cleanup committee for the school picnic.

Should Kevin agree to do it? What will that say about him to his new schoolmates? Will he ever be seen as anything other than a “servant”? What advice would you give Kevin before he makes his decision?

Why does Kevin want to feel included in school activities in the first place? Well I'm just going to assume he has insecurity and requires a lot of social interaction to feel good about myself (I'm an introvert and "wanting" to be apart of school activities sounds dumb to me because of that I don't want to be a jerk). Should Kevin agree to do that dumb cleaning job? Not at all. It won't help him whatsoever. Not only will it not help him socially meet others because he's too busy cleaning used tissue rags, but he'll be doing cleaning. Cleaning stinks. Maybe if you just want to be nice sure. His new schoolmates won't care. Why would anyone care that someone they don't really know is cleaning after school picnics? A servant? No one will view him as a servant? No one will, again, care. Maybe the people at the top position will. If you try to get involved in the bigger positions in the school they'll probably be like, "Hey can you please just do your job," but that's as long as you meddle them with ideas every minute you see them. I would tell him if he wants to clean juice boxes or whatever, then yes go for it. Otherwise it's just like an afterschool job you don't get payed for.
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by Stverno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Billmon

Lesson 11: God's Way Is Best (September 9, 2017) 1 week 1 day ago #84900

• Billmon
  • The Digimonking is here with JESUS & MONCLUB
Well I wouldn't do it recently my class held elections for class officers I ran for president. It was me against a popular girl named Camryn and I lost by 2 votes cause my class said " Come on guys you know Bill isn't responsible" I am responsible. Anyway now people are complaining about Camryn because she isn't a good leader. She and her best friend Haley (who is vice president ) TRY to do all the important jobs of the student council like collecting money from fundraisers (the treasures job) and choosing class colors (the social vices job). So if I was him I would give up because popular kids always get the good positions even if they are bad at the job.
Willie Williams IV
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds