Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 8: Setting Standards (August 19, 2017)

Lesson 8: Setting Standards (August 19, 2017) 3 months 1 week ago #83365

• kpeckham
  • Thank you received: 57
As you read in Hebrews 13:4, God’s plan is that physical intimacy between a man and a woman be experienced solely within the boundaries of a committed marriage union. The Bible clearly teaches that physical intimacy experienced outside of marriage is sin and has devastating consequences (Exodus 20:14; Proverbs 6:24-32; 1 Corinthians 6:9, 13, 18; 1 Thessalonians 4:3).

Some of the negative consequences of intimate relationships outside of marriage include: broken relationship with God who calls us to holy living, loss of trust, compromised conscience, unwanted pregnancies, children born outside of marriage, sexually transmitted diseases, and guilt.

Yet there are people who do not view the gift of sexuality as special to be cherished and saved for the marriage union. They treat it as a casual matter to their own harm.
What advice would you give someone who doesn’t understand the instructions God has given in His Word concerning love and the marriage union? (see Genesis 1:26, 27; Genesis 2:24; 1 Corinthians 13:4-8; 2 Corinthians 6:14; Ephesians 5:21-33; 1 Corinthians 7:10, 11; Psalm 119:9)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bikerider11

Lesson 8: Setting Standards (August 19, 2017) 3 months 3 days ago #83674

• CherryBomb
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I am a gymnast, I love Roblox, And i love God! :3
  • Thank you received: 18
:blink:
Im CherryBomb99100 on Bonk.io, On ROBLOX I'm Kittycat99100, and on Chat on guide I'm lovegirl99100. And everywhere I'm a WEARDO!!! LOL!

Lesson 8: Setting Standards (August 19, 2017) 2 months 4 weeks ago #83951

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 530
For starters, I would direct them to those verses. After that, I would explain to them the practical reasons to keep intimacy within marriage. I'd tell them why God said what He said, and hopefully show them the significance of His words.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds