Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 7: Service and Servant Leadership (May 13, 2017)

Lesson 7: Service and Servant Leadership (May 13, 2017) 3 weeks 3 days ago #76342

• kpeckham
  • Thank you received: 51
In this year’s Student Association elections, three candidates are running. Candidate A, Jim, is an extremely popular student, a star basketball player, active in the church youth group. He’s good-looking, and everyone likes him. Candidate B, Michele, is a quiet, studious girl who gets straight A’s and wants to study law. Of the three of them she seems to really have the best ideas about how student government should work and what she can do to improve the school. Candidate C, Dave, is a nice guy but not a superstar. His grades are good enough to run for president, but not straight A’s. He has lots of friends, but he’s not what you’d call super-popular. Mostly, people know Dave as someone who works hard. He tutors underprivileged kids at a community center after school, he coaches a kids’ soccer team for free, and he’s gone on two church mission trips and been the hardest-working member of the team.

Whom are you going to vote for? What qualities do you think are most important in a leader?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lesson 7: Service and Servant Leadership (May 13, 2017) 3 weeks 3 days ago #76344

• Kwesi
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love Poems and Quotes
  • Thank you received: 1071
I will vote for Dave because he is a nice guy, He is also hard working and he locates time to help other's for free.
Today, give yourself permission to be outrageously kind, irrationally warm, improbably generous. I promise it will be a blast
Sasha Dichter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alicia

Lesson 7: Service and Servant Leadership (May 13, 2017) 3 weeks 3 days ago #76348

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1738
Candidate B. Candidate A may be popular and well liked, but nothing was said about his capabilities, except basketball, which doesn't help run a student government. Candidate C is a very nice guy, hard working, and a good team member, but nothing was said about his leadership skills. Candidate A seems like the best choice because she knows how to run a student government and will keep things under good control, like her grades.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys

Lesson 7: Service and Servant Leadership (May 13, 2017) 3 weeks 3 days ago #76350

• Kwesi
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love Poems and Quotes
  • Thank you received: 1071
Mp137 wrote:
Candidate B. Candidate A may be popular and well liked, but nothing was said about his capabilities, except basketball, which doesn't help run a student government. Candidate C is a very nice guy, hard working, and a good team member, but nothing was said about his leadership skills. Candidate A seems like the best choice because she knows how to run a student government and will keep things under good control, like her grades.

Candidate B, Was a soccer coach. And that is an example of leadership skills
Today, give yourself permission to be outrageously kind, irrationally warm, improbably generous. I promise it will be a blast
Sasha Dichter

Lesson 7: Service and Servant Leadership (May 13, 2017) 3 weeks 3 days ago #76372

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1738
Kwesi wrote:
Mp137 wrote:

Candidate B, Was a soccer coach. And that is an example of leadership skills

Oh yeah. Forgot about that. But that's a sport, not a student body
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys

Lesson 7: Service and Servant Leadership (May 13, 2017) 3 weeks 1 day ago #76513

• Alicia
  • Thank you received: 1
I would vote for Dave because he is the most hard working and even though he was not the most clever or popular he is certainly the kindest and is the most determined to do the best he can.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kwesi

Lesson 7: Service and Servant Leadership (May 13, 2017) 3 weeks 1 day ago #76514

• Bianca03
  • Thank you received: 1
I would vote for Dave (Candidate 3) he is active in church, and he has good grades. He helps the underprivileged, and cares foor others.
Dave is also a hard worker, which is a quality a good leader needs.
Bianca :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kwesi

Lesson 7: Service and Servant Leadership (May 13, 2017) 3 weeks 23 hours ago #76519

I would try to get both B&C elected (maybe in a president, vice president sorta thing)... the two of them working in unison could do much more than they could by themselves. As far as A goes, while he might be a good person, and even a good candidate, his popularity and good looks could get in the way of his effectiveness.
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds