Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 6: The Body of Believers and Mission (May 6, 2017)

Lesson 6: The Body of Believers and Mission (May 6, 2017) 4 months 1 week ago #76341

• kpeckham
  • Thank you received: 57
A group of youth was working on a service project together. They were washing cars and cleaning them thoroughly, inside and out. No donations were accepted; it was a gift to the community. Unfortunately, a thoughtless comment about someone’s inadequacy at washing cars slipped out. Everyone had been working so well together; however, in one moment it seemed that the mission was gone, the team was split, and what was fun had become a chore. What would you do if you were the leader
and had several hours of work left to do? How would you get your team back on track?

When have you experienced synergy before? (When the whole is better than the value of all the parts.) When have you had a great team success? Describe what happened and show how the team was more effective than any one person’s strengths.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lesson 6: The Body of Believers and Mission (May 6, 2017) 4 months 1 week ago #76347

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1932
If the person who made the comment was in the group, I would quietly pull them aside and tell them what they said was wrong and hurtful. Then, I'd pull the whole group together and explain that this is a project in which everyone gives the best they have simply for the sake of giving. It doesn't matter how well they can or cannot do the job so long as they tried their best. I'd also remind them of 1 Corinthians 12:4-6 Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds