Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 12: Relating to the Local Church (March 25, 2017)

Lesson 12: Relating to the Local Church (March 25, 2017) 1 week 4 days ago #69886

• kpeckham
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 49
In one particular church the pastor wanted to encourage a renewed commitment to church membership. So he sent out a well-written letter that was positive and full of grace, but contained the following challenge: In the next month we will be having a series of celebrations during worship, in which everyone who wants to be a member of this church can say so by either writing in a community journal their commitment to the beliefs and the mission of this church, or making a public testimony during the service.

Those who didn’t feel as if they could do this were welcome to worship and be part of the church as it met for worship and service, but to be a member one needed to make a regular declaration of their faith and be willing to practice it. How would you respond to such a letter?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lesson 12: Relating to the Local Church (March 25, 2017) 1 week 2 days ago #70488

I would take time to make sure I was ready for that commitment to the church. If I did not feel ready I would wait in tell i was sure about my commitment.
Bianca :D
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds