Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 10: Saying It With Tact (December 3, 2016)

Lesson 10: Saying It With Tact (December 3, 2016) 9 months 3 weeks ago #64339

• kpeckham
  • Thank you received: 57
A group of your school friends have been bullying a new student. They have ridiculed his/her old clothes, bad haircut, and physical appearance. You see the hurt this is causing the new student. Wanting to fit in, you do not say anything. But sitting with your friends at lunch, you still feel bad about what has been happening.

Should you speak up? Why or why not? How can you communicate to your friend in a tactful way that everyone needs to be treated with respect regardless of the differences between us?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lesson 10: Saying It With Tact (December 3, 2016) 9 months 3 weeks ago #64423

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 493
If someone is being ridiculed, the right thing to do would be to speak up or at least notify an adult. How you respond depends on your group of friends. For MY circle of friends at school, I can get away with being direct, because I am known for that type of thing. Alternatively, I could passive-agressively let them know that they should stop by questioning every comment they make. However, this may not work for many groups of friends. If you don't have a good way to tell them to stop, you can get help from an adult.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.

Lesson 10: Saying It With Tact (December 3, 2016) 9 months 3 weeks ago #64624

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2855
Tbh I'd probably go and sit with the ridiculed person and just be a friend. Or I'd tell my friends to cut it out. I hate seeing people being made fun of :pinch:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marme101

Lesson 10: Saying It With Tact (December 3, 2016) 9 months 3 weeks ago #64666

If your friends are bullying someone you should speak up even if it means losing your friends. You could also try to talk them out of it. If you try that you will have a better chance of getting your friends back. B) B) B) B) B) B) B)

Lesson 10: Saying It With Tact (December 3, 2016) 9 months 3 weeks ago #64667

I think It's a good idea to speak up if someone is getting bullied. Especially if your friends are the ones bullying the new kid. If you don't speak up they may not realize that they are hurting the new kid's feelings or they may never stop unless someone tells them too. You can communicate to your friends in a tactful way by telling them that Jesus loves all of us no matter what we look like, and act like. He loves us for who we are. We should all be like Jesus and love each other for who we are! :)

Lesson 10: Saying It With Tact (December 3, 2016) 9 months 4 days ago #65291

Listen dudes I think you should give ur friends a piece of ur mind then apologize to the victim for them being mean. Then afterwards tell your friends you were ashamed of them and let them know why its wrong.
Maybe I'm sounding too bossy LOL

Roblox: SurrenderShadow
Join our fan group: StyLiS Studios
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds