Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 8: Christian Sacrifice and Leaps of Faith (November 19, 2016)

Lesson 8: Christian Sacrifice and Leaps of Faith (November 19, 2016) 8 months 1 week ago #63420

• kpeckham
  • Thank you received: 55
Ben’s friend Toby just found out his parents are getting a divorce. Toby doesn’t go to church, nor do his parents. Ben feels so bad for him, and he doesn’t really know what to say. Ben and Toby have talked about God occasionally, but it has always been a little awkward.

» Ben wants to give his friend some encouragement and pray with him, but he is a little nervous. They have never prayed together before, but Ben makes the decision that he will ask God to open the door for him to pray with Toby this week.

» That door opens on their way home from school together when Toby says, “I wish my parents would just get along like your parents. Why does it seem as if God doesn’t care if my family falls apart?” Ben senses this is a good time to offer to pray for Toby’s family..

» What do you think he should say? How would you say it? What would you pray about with Toby? How can their friendship be strengthened by this? When have you had a moment like this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lesson 8: Christian Sacrifice and Leaps of Faith (November 19, 2016) 8 months 1 week ago #63839

I think that Ben should encourage Toby to attend church with him and his family and Ben should take a few scriptures from the Bible for Toby and pray with him. Prayer is the answer over all evil. And it is likely that if Ben encourages Toby to attend church Toby might invite his parents to attend as well and it is a possible chance of 3/7 that his parents might reconsider their decision and have a second chance at loving each other and keeping the family together. If that doesn't work it is still possible that as much as his parents may be separated they still love him and Ben can encourage him to pray to God when he is feeling lonely or hurting.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peach1
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds