Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 7: Fasting, Purity, and Simplicity (November 12, 2016)

Lesson 7: Fasting, Purity, and Simplicity (November 12, 2016) 8 months 2 weeks ago #62915

• kpeckham
  • Thank you received: 55
Kelly loves to read, and she sometimes loses track of time. In many ways it is a way for her to escape. Her mother noticed that her time spent reading was increasing and commented, “Kelly, you have been reading a lot lately. Why don’t you try taking a break and doing something different?”

Kelly stiffened and replied, “Maybe later.” But she did think about how much time she was spending on her hobby and how little time she spent with God. Still, her books were more enjoyable than “quiet time with God.” That hadn’t been true in her life before, and she wondered how she might return to a more meaningful relationship with God.

If she came to you about “getting focused,” how would you encourage her to fast and focus her life in a way that would honor God and would bring joy to her and others?
Last Edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by kpeckham.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vegan4life

Lesson 7: Fasting, Purity, and Simplicity (November 12, 2016) 8 months 2 weeks ago #62927

• Quirky
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2763
Stop reading fictional books. Don't take a break, don't pare down, just stop. Gradually of course; and she'd have to replace it with another activity so she won't want to return to that hobby again. It'll be difficult, but it's necessary. I know from experience

Lesson 7: Fasting, Purity, and Simplicity (November 12, 2016) 8 months 2 weeks ago #63058

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1907
Gosh, I've learned so much from reading! My parents encourage it. It's so much better these days to be always reading instead of always on an electronic device
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joshawesome

Lesson 7: Fasting, Purity, and Simplicity (November 12, 2016) 8 months 1 week ago #63462

• Joshawesome
  • future US Marine
  • Thank you received: 9
It does depend on what you are reading. I have nothing against reading, but you can have too much of a good thing. Plus, there are some crazy books that people write and then call "children's books."

Lesson 7: Fasting, Purity, and Simplicity (November 12, 2016) 8 months 1 week ago #63523

• Peach1
  • I love God, my Bible, my family, and my church
  • Thank you received: 85
Well, if she likes reading, read the Bible. It has real amazing stories.

Lesson 7: Fasting, Purity, and Simplicity (November 12, 2016) 8 months 1 week ago #63646

i think that she should put God first instead of reading. She should still read, but she should still make time for God first.
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds