Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 1: Spiritual Exercise (October 1, 2016)

Lesson 1: Spiritual Exercise (October 1, 2016) 1 year 4 weeks ago #61333

• kpeckham
  • Thank you received: 57
Jeff made a decision to deepen his relationship with God by trying to be consistent with his prayer and Bible study. For the first week he was consistent, but sort of slipped away the second week. He was disappointed that he couldn’t even keep it going for more than a week.

If you could encourage him with something that was helpful for you in this lesson, what would you say to Jeff? What do you think God would want to say to him?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crystal, BibleStudent

Lesson 1: Spiritual Exercise (October 1, 2016) 1 year 3 weeks ago #61337

I would say, "Jeff, we've ALL slipped away at one point, but you know what? Jesus is there to bring us back up. Don't be disappointed. Remember this:

If a guy was close to perfect all his life, then chose to follow Satan and died, he would go to hell.
But if he lived a wretched life, then turned his heart to God, he would go to heaven.

See, Jesus doesn't judge you on your past, but on the present. :)
Crystal ;)

Lesson 1: Spiritual Exercise (October 1, 2016) 1 year 3 weeks ago #61345

Well I would say to him that when one starts an activity which you know that it will benefit you, you mustn't stop practising it because eventually you're the one who will benefit from it. I always say this to myself " Everything important or fun will always have tough begins"
A.Titus

Lesson 1: Spiritual Exercise (October 1, 2016) 1 year 3 weeks ago #61423

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 508
I would tell Jeff to try again. Maybe plan out a schedule and set reminders for himself. If you fail, try again.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.

Lesson 1: Spiritual Exercise (October 1, 2016) 1 year 3 weeks ago #61458

I would tell Jeff that he should remember that he is human. He will slip, mess up and forget but all he needs to do is to get back on track. The fall is nothing, it's staying down that is. The Devil will rejoice if he decides that he has disappointed God and doesn't see the need to continue, but God is still waiting for Him with open arms.
:)

Lesson 1: Spiritual Exercise (October 1, 2016) 1 year 2 weeks ago #61644

Never give up. Plan a schedule where you can organise your time. Ask God to help. God will help you if u ask. :)
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds