Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 10: Gold Like Glass (Being Real, Part 2) (June 9, 2012)

Lesson 10: Gold Like Glass (Being Real, Part 2) (June 9, 2012) 5 years 5 months ago #4057

• tball
  • Thank you received: 53
One of the most famous reasons some people stay away from church is the hypocrisy they see. In the airport a young man found out a fellow traveler was a Christian; he remarked: “I don’t want to have anything to do with those Christians; they are all a bunch of hypocrites. I’m better off without them.” What do you think would be a good response or answer to that kind of thinking? (Maybe a comeback or argument isn’t the best.)
How would you respond? Do you feel offended when people say things like that? How much damage would you do to the Christian reputation to admit, “You’re right, I am a hypocrite. Aren’t we all?”
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by tball.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Lesson 10: Gold Like Glass (Being Real, Part 2) (June 9, 2012) 5 years 5 months ago #4072

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
I would just say, "I am a Christian. And God is my Saviour. He is no hypocrite. I am his child because he sent his son to save me. YOu are is child too. God loves you. When you are child of God, you are no hypocrite because God, our Heavenly Father, isn't one either." I wouldn't feel offended because I know that God is no hypocrite and since I am his child, I am not a hypocrite either.
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)

Re: Lesson 10: Gold Like Glass (Being Real, Part 2) (June 9, 2012) 5 years 5 months ago #4140

I would say, "Okay, I can understand where you're coming from, but when you really think about it, everyone is a hypocrite. Not everyone talks the talk and walks the walk all the time. Christians like me have had a hypocritical moment here and there. That shouldn't base your opinion on Christianity." Also, sometimes I do feel offended when someone says stuff like that because I know what I know. That's kinda confusing but based on my take on God and Christianity, of course I would be. I think anyone in that position would be offended if it was their religion. When you have a structured belief, anything against it would be offending.

Re: Lesson 10: Gold Like Glass (Being Real, Part 2) (June 9, 2012) 5 years 5 months ago #4153

I WOULD SIMPLY SAY........YES, THERE ARE SOME REAL HYPOCRITES IN THE CHURCH, WHO PROFESS ONE LIFE AND LIVE ANOTHER BUT YOUR SOUL SALVATION IS BETWEEN U AND GOD......NOT U AND THE PASTOR NOR THE HIDDEN HYPOCRITES..........I GO TO CHURCH TO WORSHIP GOD AND JUST BY JUDGING, U ARE NO DIFFERENT FROM THE HYPOCRITES IN THE CHURCH..........U SHOULD NEVER LET THE LIFE OF OTHERS HINDER U FROM HAVING A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.............YOUR SOUL SALVATION DEPENDS ON THE RELATIONSHIP, FAITH AND WHETHER OR NOT U CHOOSE TO FOLLOW THE EXAMPLE CHRIST HAS SET THROUGH HIS LOVE AND COMPASSION. :) ;)

Re: Lesson 10: Gold Like Glass (Being Real, Part 2) (June 9, 2012) 5 years 5 months ago #4174

• Chipmunk
  • Live Love Laugh
  • Thank you received: 2
I wouldn't really say anything. But, in order to prove that not all Christians are hypocrites you'd have to act like one. Showing kindness and following Jesus' example can make one think. Acting like Him makes you seem different than the other people in this age. When you set a good example to others, they will finally see what a real Christian acts like.
~ Peace <3 :)
Chipmunk

Re: Lesson 10: Gold Like Glass (Being Real, Part 2) (June 9, 2012) 5 years 5 months ago #4216

I would say that hypocrites are everywhere, however, becoming a christian is essentially about beginning a relationship with God. fellowship with other Christians is neecessary but not as important as your relationship with God, wich should not be affeccted by another person's hypocrisy. In other words, we become christians to follow God, not the members of the church.

Re: Lesson 10: Gold Like Glass (Being Real, Part 2) (June 9, 2012) 5 years 5 months ago #4506

i wouldnt mind the person and pray for them at church :side: ;)
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds