Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 8: Changed by Baptism (August 20, 2016)

Lesson 8: Changed by Baptism (August 20, 2016) 1 year 2 months ago #60344

• kpeckham
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 57
Fifteen-year-old Shelly sits in church on Sabbath as they conduct a series of baptisms. Young people as well as older ones give their lives to God in baptism. While it is a happy occasion for almost everyone, she is torn by her desire to make a commitment to Christ and her fear that she might not be faithful. She doesn’t want to just do it and have it mean nothing in her life, like some of her friends who were baptized years ago. The pastor is now making an appeal for others who want to prepare for baptism. She feels her heart tugging at her. What should she do? What should she ask herself? If you were one of her best friends, what would you say to her?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lesson 8: Changed by Baptism (August 20, 2016) 1 year 2 months ago #60359

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Thank you received: 1010
Well, I was baptised when I was 12 and I've gotta say, some of my biggest mistakes have been made since then, but God has also given me some of my biggest victories as well. I think we have to realise that once we are baptised, it's not that we all of a sudden become perfect, we are going to sin. A child doesn't learn to walk without falling... Baptism is a public admission that you have chosen to follow Jesus. I think of it like a relationship. The difference between being a husband/wife and being a partner is that, when you're married, you have a commitment, or something to work for. But if you aren't married, it's kind of a temporal thing. There's nothing that keeps you from walking away. You don't have any responsibilities. When you are baptised, you make a commitment. You have something to work towards – a good relationship. When you aren't baptised, it doesn't mean you don't have a relationship, just not maybe a permanent one. Like in any relationship, you will have problems. But you have a reason to work together. :) That's how I see it anyway... :whistle:
God allows us to feel the frailty of human love so we'll appreciate the strength of His.
~C. S. Lewis~
Ephesians 4:32
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Lesson 8: Changed by Baptism (August 20, 2016) 1 year 2 months ago #60466

• sunnyside1
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Saved to Serve
  • Thank you received: 390
Baptism doesn't change you. It shows the world that you're willing to change. I would suggest to go talk to the pastor. Shelly wouldn't want to make an emotional decision. Think about it, talk about it, pray about it. But don't let Satan get a grip in your hesitation.
Sometimes we worry,
Sometimes we fret.
Sometimes we feel like
We can't move a step.

But God is still with us.
Keep Him in mind.
Trust in Him alway.
He is ever so kind.

Lesson 8: Changed by Baptism (August 20, 2016) 1 year 2 months ago #60470

I think she should wait until she thinks she is ready for a comitment but then again she might not live to see the time when she is ready so I think she should get baptised because you will make mistakes but your just meant to get up and brush yourself of and pray
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds