Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 1: Being Perfect (July 2, 2016)

Lesson 1: Being Perfect (July 2, 2016) 1 year 5 months ago #59021

I think that Samantha should tell Phil privately how she felt, and forgive him.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by kpeckham.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lesson 1: Being Perfect (July 2, 2016) 1 year 5 months ago #59080

• kpeckham
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 57
The following scenario comes from summer camp: In the cafeteria Phil made a comment about Samantha that humiliated her in front of everyone. Many of the boys and girls laughed out loud while those who were closest to Samantha were mortified. What made it worse was that Phil seemed to be completely unaware that he had humiliated her. He continued through the day as though nothing were wrong. She wanted to do the same to him at an opportune time. Her counselor noticed and encouraged her to have a talk with Phil. What are some of Samantha’s options? What will bring her the most satisfaction? What would help Phil change how he treats others? What would you advise Samantha to do?

Lesson 1: Being Perfect (July 2, 2016) 1 year 5 months ago #59135

Q1: I think that Samantha has three options:
1. Ignore everything that Phil said
2. Confront Phil and tell him how what he said affected her
3. Get revenge

Q2: I think that getting revenge will give her short-term satisfaction, but speaking to him and forgiving him will make her feel the best in the long run.

Q3: Speaking to Phil and telling him that he hurt her would open his eyes to what he did and probably make him more aware of his actions.

Q4: So, I advise Samantha to talk to Phil and tell him how he hurt her, then try to forgive and forget.

Lesson 1: Being Perfect (July 2, 2016) 1 year 5 months ago #59210

I think Samantha should tell Phil that God does not like when people get bullied by others and show him the bible and read him some scriptures of what God says you should do through situations like that. Phil may have a change of heart after that's all done and he may get a view of what the bible says and apply it to his life before he acts up again.
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds