Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 11: Living in the Material World (June 11, 2016)

Lesson 11: Living in the Material World (June 11, 2016) 1 year 4 months ago #58657

• kpeckham
  • Thank you received: 57
At church your best friend comes in waving a ticket to a concert by your favorite band. You manage to swallow your envy, “thou shalt not covet” and all that. Then you realize you have enough savings. Barely. You could go. The guest speakers that day at church are missionaries. They live with no running water and not enough food. Families in their village live in shacks made of boxes. They’ll pass a basket soon for donations. But you need your money for the concert ticket.

If you decide to use the money for the concert, do you think you’ll be able to enjoy yourself? What do you think your responsibility is toward missions?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lesson 11: Living in the Material World (June 11, 2016) 1 year 4 months ago #58732

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 330
No, I don't think you will enjoy yourself. We have a responsibility to tell the world about the gospel and donating to missions is an important part of that.
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

Lesson 11: Living in the Material World (June 11, 2016) 1 year 4 months ago #58800

• 20awesome00
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Guitar + Lake = :)
  • Thank you received: 381
I don't think that you would enjoy yourself... But even if you did push it out of your mind during the concert and did enjoy your self, that night and for the next few nights you would probably feel guilty and not be able to stop thinking about it. Also whenever someone mentions missionaries or you read about somewhere where people have less than you you would probably keep thinking about how you choose to go to a concert that you may not even remember that well anymore rather than helping the missionaries.
Try being informed instead of just opinionated...
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds