Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 11: Heroes (March 13, 2016)

Lesson 11: Heroes (March 13, 2016) 1 year 9 months ago #56297

• kpeckham
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 57
Suppose there is an artist whose music is very popular. Everyone you know is listening to him, and he is getting great reviews. You listen to him, and his music is definitely something you enjoy. You like everything about it—the beat, the melodies, the emotion. It’s just great. But the lyrics aren’t anything you’re sure you agree with. Because you like the music so much, however, you feel you can just listen to it and tune the words out. What are the dangers in doing so?

Now switch from music to people. Is it possible to pick and choose just the specific characteristics of a person (hero) that you would like to emulate? Explain.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lesson 11: Heroes (March 13, 2016) 1 year 9 months ago #56323

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1971
No. If the lyrics will get into your brain, so you should not listen to it.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys

Lesson 11: Heroes (March 13, 2016) 1 year 9 months ago #56399

On one hand, it is possible to emulate certain characteristics of a person. On the other hand, if you seek and seek particular characteristics some negative characteristics of that same person may ''rub off'' on you. I think that as kingdom citizens we should seek God for the improvements that need to be made in our lives.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Lesson 11: Heroes (March 13, 2016) 1 year 9 months ago #56421

The lyrics may influence you to do what they suggest in the future which might not be a good thing - so write your own version and sing it over the top.

Lesson 11: Heroes (March 13, 2016) 1 year 8 months ago #56558

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3070
In the case of people, I don't believe that we should have human hero's per say. We should be looking to take on the character of Christ. If we hang out with someone because we like particular good things about them (their confidence, social skills, etc.) we could be in danger of taking on their not-so-good characteristics (disrespect, selfishness, crude jokes etc.). When we look to Christ for our example then it will be physically and spiritually impossible to adopt His bad habits because He doesn't have any!
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds