Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 7: Our Identity in Christ, Part 2 (February 13, 2016)

Lesson 7: Our Identity in Christ, Part 2 (February 13, 2016) 1 year 8 months ago #55266

• kpeckham
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 57
Ken’s best friend, Mark, thinks he is in love. While Ken is happy, he is concerned that Mark is becoming consumed with his new girlfriend. Mark is failing classes. He is not getting along with his parents either. Ken watches as his best friend changes, and he doesn’t want to say anything because he doesn’t want to seem jealous. He doesn’t want to drive Mark further away, but he feels it is his responsibility to remind Mark of his other friendships.

As time goes by they grow further and further apart. What do you think Ken should do? What would you say—knowing that how you say something is as important as what you say?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lesson 7: Our Identity in Christ, Part 2 (February 13, 2016) 1 year 8 months ago #55302

I believe that Ken should've been straight forward from the very beginning. As Mark's best friend he has a minimal amount of influence on mark's decisions. Then there's mark's family/immediate family. They also should've said something as soon as they saw the signs of him going down. But I think Ken should invite Mark over to his house, and go into his room. He should talk with Mark one-on-one first. He should be kind, but he shouldn't beat around the bush. He shouldn't coat anything he says with sugar. The truth is cold and hard and it's going to be a tough pill for Mark to swallow. But of corse he doesn't listen and completely blows Ken off. Then he should take a couple of individuals close to Mark who care about him to talk to him. That's how I think it should happen.

Lesson 7: Our Identity in Christ, Part 2 (February 13, 2016) 1 year 8 months ago #55476

I would leave Mark to go off with his girlfriend, and find my own girlfriend.
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds