Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 5: Growing in Grace (January 30, 2016)

Lesson 5: Growing in Grace (January 30, 2016) 1 year 10 months ago #54623

• kpeckham
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 57
“I don’t want to be a Christian,” your friend at school says. “It’s too difficult, and it’s no fun. Following all those stupid rules, and never getting away with anything!”

You’re about to open your mouth when a friend who attends a different church says, “You’re nuts! Being a Christian is not; it’s easy! Jesus saves us. I got saved in church when I was 10, and I don’t have to do anything else about it. What’s so difficult about that?”

What do you think? Which friend do you agree with—or do you have another opinion? Is being a Christian hard, easy, or would you explain it some other way?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lesson 5: Growing in Grace (January 30, 2016) 1 year 10 months ago #54648

• sunnyside1
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ready for God
  • Thank you received: 426
I would say, "Well, here's my opinion. Christianity is amazing because I can follow God and get all kinds of cool rewards, like heaven. But I want to grow to be like Him so it's not just once saved always saved."

Lesson 5: Growing in Grace (January 30, 2016) 1 year 10 months ago #54792

I agree with the friend who says it's easy because I don't find God's rules difficult to follow (personally). But there are times when I break the rules and then I need God's help and forgiveness.

Lesson 5: Growing in Grace (January 30, 2016) 1 year 10 months ago #55027

• rj4219
  • Thank you received: 1
To be honest i would not agree with any, some people say that being a Christian isnt all that there is to it, it is said that anyone can get baptized and be a Christian, but not everybody can live in the way God wants them to live. As the second friend said, its easy, just get baptized and that is all there is to it, but that isnt true, anybody can be baptized and not live the lifestyle God planned out for them, In my opinion I believe it isnt easy, but with Gods help, we can all be the Christians He wants us to be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RJ

Lesson 5: Growing in Grace (January 30, 2016) 1 year 10 months ago #55154

I would't agree either, because I've been taught that salvation is not just saying "I'm baptized, I'm saved already" No, because we have to work i our own salvation all the time. Jesus already bought it for us, now we have to use it correctly........Idk if I'm right....... But this is how I view it, it's kinda hard to explain....
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds