Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 4: Relating to the Local Church (October 24, 2015)

Lesson 4: Relating to the Local Church (October 24, 2015) 1 year 11 months ago #51834

• kpeckham
  • Thank you received: 57
In one particular church, the pastor, to start a renewed commitment to church membership, sent out a well-written letter that was positive and full of grace, but contained the following challenge: In the next month we will be having a series of celebrations during worship, in which everyone who wants to be a member of this church can say so by either writing in a community journal their commitment to the beliefs and the mission of this church, or making a public testimony during the service. Those who didn’t feel as if they could do this were welcome to worship and be part of the church as it met for worship and service, but to be a member one needed to make a regular declaration of their faith and be willing to practice it. What type of reaction do you think happened throughout the church? How would you respond to such a letter? What do you think is good about such a bold move? What might be wrong about it?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lesson 4: Relating to the Local Church (October 24, 2015) 1 year 11 months ago #51889

• Mp137
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1941
Hmmm.... That seems like it could be tough if people were shy and didn't want to be put in the spotlight. I think the church should welcome anyone who would like to become a member.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds