Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 13: Music and Christians (September 26, 2015)

Lesson 13: Music and Christians (September 26, 2015) 2 years 2 months ago #50891

• kpeckham
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 57
You really like the music of a certain Christian artist. But when your dad hears you playing it, he freaks out and tells you, “That’s not appropriate music for a Christian to be listening to!”

“But Dad,” you tell him, “It’s Christian music. Listen to the lyrics. They’re all about Jesus and God!”

“I can’t even hear the lyrics,” he tells you. “All I can hear is that beat, and it sounds satanic to me. That’s not music you can use to praise and glorify God, no matter what kind of words you stick with it. Turn it off.”

What do you think? Could Dad be right? Is it only the lyrics that matter? Are there some styles of music God can’t bless? How does a Christian go about choosing the right music to listen to?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lesson 13: Music and Christians (September 26, 2015) 2 years 2 months ago #50933

• Blue Tornado
  • I'm an otaku.
  • Thank you received: 827
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Honestly, I've been trying to prove this point for a very long time. To see Guide finally post a question like this is just awesome because I can express my opinions next to questions like these.

But anyway, on to the questions.

Dad is absolutely right. The lyrics do not matter. You have to think about how your body feels. Can anyone here see Jesus dancing at a nightclub with the instrumental part to this "Christian" song? Just because you put "Christian" on it, doesn't make it Christian. God wants us to make music for Him, but separate from the world's junk people listen to. Almost like rock or rap. People dance to those genres all the time, but when you put the word "God" or "Jesus" in it, can you see God liking that same music? I think the Christian needs to be very discerning for music and listen to not only the lyrics, but also the beat or instrumental part. I think beat is fine (unless it's for worship on Sabbath morning--never do that), but once you can hear it over the words or even over the instruments, like Dad in this example, things get unacceptable very fast.

"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: rip
Roblox: BlueTorn

Lesson 13: Music and Christians (September 26, 2015) 2 years 2 months ago #50980

• Nate1246
  • ~LF~ ¤KING¤
  • Thank you received: 43
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Rrrrrrroarrrrrr!!!!!

Lesson 13: Music and Christians (September 26, 2015) 2 years 2 months ago #51089

• zoe101
  • Thank you received: 2
I do agree with this because the beat of any song can make you feel different inside but have nothing to do with praising god. it is like putting a hymn song and then putting a beat behind it, nobody no longer cares about the words that come out of the hymnal all they think about is the beat. this is a way Satan can confuse scriptures with the real words of Christ because when other hip-hop gospel artist hear this all they think is 'oh well since this guy uses hip hop that could be the way they communicate with god so i am going to use hip hop backdrops to all my gospel tunes as well' god wants us to understand the words and to use the words to praise him and make people come closer to him... :)
:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blue Tornado
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds