Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 11: The Upside-Down Kingdom (September 12, 2015)

Lesson 11: The Upside-Down Kingdom (September 12, 2015) 2 years 3 months ago #50422

• kpeckham
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 57
Kevin wants to feel included in school activities at his new school. He doesn’t necessarily want to become really popular, just accepted and a part of things. Sports aren’t his thing, so he takes his parents’ advice to try to get involved in student government. But, of course, all the important positions are taken by popular kids, whether they can do the jobs well or not. What is open to him, he is told, is a “position” as chair of the clean-up committee for the school picnic.

Should Kevin agree to do it? What will that say about him to his new schoolmates? Will he ever be seen as anything other than a “servant”? What advice would you give Kevin before he makes his decision?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lesson 11: The Upside-Down Kingdom (September 12, 2015) 2 years 3 months ago #50526

• mark234
  • Thank you received: 7
I think he should take the opportunity because if he does well he might be seen as able to do bigger and better jobs than that one job which will make his peers see hm better
:)

Lesson 11: The Upside-Down Kingdom (September 12, 2015) 2 years 2 months ago #50590

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1971
If I was in that situation, I actually wouldn't take that job. If I did, people might start thinking they can shove off all the hard and dirty work on me. In other words, they could start to take advantage of me. I have been in a situation sorta like this.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds