Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 13: Media and Entertainment, Part 2

Lesson 13: Media and Entertainment, Part 2 2 years 3 months ago #48006

• kpeckham
  • Thank you received: 57
You are in the music store, and you see the newest CD by your favorite artist. You have been waiting for a long time for this artist to come out with a new CD, and you can’t wait to listen to it. You have heard the first single from the CD, and you really like it. You have made the decision not to simply download the CD—even though it is readily available online.

So, with your US$15 plus, you go to pick it up. However, on the label is a sticker that says “parental advisory.” You know what this means. It means there are questionable lyrics, perhaps lewd or crude, included on the CD. Here is your dilemma: Do you buy the CD and listen to only the tracks that coincide with your beliefs, or do you not purchase it at all? Or is it really that big of a deal?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lesson 13: Media and Entertainment, Part 2 2 years 3 months ago #48068

• Blue Tornado
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm an otaku.
  • Thank you received: 786
Man, parental advisory stickers are old, you don't see those anymore.

Anyway, I wouldn't buy the whole CD. I'd probably just get those one or two tracks I like on iTunes, or download them for free from YouTube or something. Yes, it is a big deal what you listen to. Here's how I think of it: Would you be shocked to see Jesus listening to that music, or watching that movie? If yes, find something else.

"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: Bat Wen
Roblox: BlueTorn

Lesson 13: Media and Entertainment, Part 2 2 years 3 months ago #48083

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2916
if its possible for the music to have lewd or crude lyrics, i wouldn't even question whether or not i should buy it; i just wouldn't

like my favorite author says, "Guard the avenues of your soul."
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds