Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 10: Resisting Negative Peer Pressure (March 7, 2015)

Lesson 10: Resisting Negative Peer Pressure (March 7, 2015) 2 years 7 months ago #44526

• kpeckham
  • Thank you received: 57
You are at a party with your friends. One of them produces a lighter and a tea bag. She rolls it like a cigarette and “smokes” it. Your other friends try it too and invite you to join them. You hesitate. “It’s just tea. It’s not like you’re smoking a real cigarette,” they say. Do you agree with them? How do you respond?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lesson 10: Resisting Negative Peer Pressure (March 7, 2015) 2 years 7 months ago #44528

• Blue Tornado
  • I'm an otaku.
  • Thank you received: 784
I would resist it at all costs. Yes, it is not a real cigarette, but it is "preparing" you for the real thing. I would probably leave this party.

"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: Bat Wen
Roblox: BlueTorn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prov17

Lesson 10: Resisting Negative Peer Pressure (March 7, 2015) 2 years 7 months ago #44543

you dont
if they keep on pressign you leave and if they call you a chicken then analize are they the right kind of friends?
are they leading you to do good or bad? and based on that you should or shouldnt hang out with them any longer.

Lesson 10: Resisting Negative Peer Pressure (March 7, 2015) 2 years 7 months ago #44548

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2905
I'm not gonna smoke a tea bag just to keep friends. That just sounds ridiculous :dry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mknz12, Blue Tornado, sapphire_singer, Prov17, 12pearlygates

Lesson 10: Resisting Negative Peer Pressure (March 7, 2015) 2 years 7 months ago #44566

• mknz12
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Just another one of God's many beloved daughters!
  • Thank you received: 263
To be honest, I would probably reply, "What kind of dumb idea is that? I don't care if it's not real tobacco, it's like holding your head over a fire and just breathing in the smoke like there's no tomorrow. C'mon guys, does that really make sense?"
////////////////////////////////////////

You keep me steady when the sky is falling
And I'll keep steady after You,
I'll carry on when my strength is failing
Take heart cause You're with me
So let the stars drop,
Whatever comes I'll be ready
You keep me steady

~for KING & COUNTRY, Steady
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, Blue Tornado, sapphire_singer, Prov17, 12pearlygates, ParisIs4_Me

Lesson 10: Resisting Negative Peer Pressure (March 7, 2015) 2 years 7 months ago #44602

• dogluvergirl101
  • Shakespeare is awesome. Just sayin'. #theatrekid
  • Thank you received: 100
tbh I would think 'no,' but...there are some of us out there...I'm actually kind of prone to peer pressure...I'm not quite sure what I would do. :unsure: I mean, I wouldn't really THINK 'oh, yeah, a tea bag. I really wanna smoke that' but I would think 'oh, um...well, I wonder what would happen...' or, I might be able to make it and say, 'no, thanks, you're still inhaling smoke either way.' Hopefully I would also be able to convince my friends to stop. I hope my friends or anyone else I meet would try to make me do that, though, and I pray that Jesus will help me to be stronger than I am.
"Art is when the mind shuts off and the heart takes its turn to speak. Whether it's music, paint, theatre, writing, or what have you; each heart has its own voice.

"What is your heart trying to say?"

- Aunt Katherine from énoument (a quote from a book I'm writing)

Lesson 10: Resisting Negative Peer Pressure (March 7, 2015) 2 years 7 months ago #44645

• kofiman0831
  • Hi I like soccer and football, but I LOVE God
  • Thank you received: 14
My class is reading this book called Bryson City, anyway one of the older characters in the book frequently says, and I quote, "You stupid, son?" I dont know why but this situation reminds me of that. I would probably say that to lighten the mood, and then seriously tell them "no" and walk away like they tell u to do in those peer pressure talks. B)

Keep life real (You know what i mean)
#DaBoss was here
The following user(s) said Thank You: mknz12
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds