Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 1: Being Perfect (July 5, 2014)

Lesson 1: Being Perfect (July 5, 2014) 3 years 3 months ago #39522

• tball
  • Thank you received: 53
The following scenario comes from summer camp: In the cafeteria Phil made a comment about Samantha that humiliated her in front of everyone. Many of the boys and girls laughed out loud while those who were closest to Samantha were mortified. What made it worse was that Phil seemed to be completely unaware that he had humiliated her. He continued through the day as though nothing were wrong. She wanted to do the same to him at an opportune time. Her counselor noticed and encouraged her to have a talk with Phil. What are some of Samantha’s options? What will bring her the most satisfaction? What would help Phil change how he treats others? What would you advise Samantha to do?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Liyema Jacobs

Lesson 1: Being Perfect (July 5, 2014) 3 years 3 months ago #39632

Only revenge will satisfy Samantha. I suggest that she gets Phil back so that Phil may also be humiliated. Then after, she must go up to Phil and tell Phil that this is how she also felt when you made a comment about me and that he should stop hurting other people's feelings 'cause he wont lile it when people make humiliating comments about him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rolicia

Lesson 1: Being Perfect (July 5, 2014) 3 years 3 months ago #39696

• zoe101
  • Thank you received: 2
To be honest i would probably say to Samantha to tell a trusted adult or in the summer camp they can create a play about how people can hurt each others feelings and show Phil the different effects people may have at home and how hurting them can effect them even more. Maybe after that Phil will understand how bad he is hurting Samantha's feelings a lot or she should tell him how she is being hurt by him. telling a trusted adult resolves the problem and although the adult may talk to Phil, Samantha can pray that Phil understands how much he is hurting her feelings and maybe stop calling her names and stand up for her once in a while instead of embarrassing her on her summer camp experience :) . I hope she finds the courage to tell a teacher.
:)

Lesson 1: Being Perfect (July 5, 2014) 3 years 2 months ago #39885

She has only two options, to get revenge or to do what the Bible said, to be kind , forgive, and speak to him. I think what will bring her satisfaction is to get revenge on him, but if she prays for the Spirit to help her to forgive, she will be most satisfied. Getting revenge on others will maybe help for a small period of time, but it will hurt to think of the other doing the same thing to you, guilt will consume you, and she'll certainly get punished one way or the other. Phil would have to be careful with his words and realize how it affects another person. I would advise Samantha to talk to God and ask for help, and to forgive Phil and also pray for him. And to also talk it out with Phil. B) B)

Lesson 1: Being Perfect (July 5, 2014) 3 years 2 months ago #39980

She could do the exact same thing, or worse, back, which would bring her the most satisfaction. She could also talk to Phil about what he had done, and make sure that it was an accident, or what had caused him to do that without feeling any remorse. Lastly, she should pray to God for guidance. I would suggest asking her older brother to beat him up. Personally.

Lesson 1: Being Perfect (July 5, 2014) 3 years 1 day ago #41464

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 330
Liyema Jacobs wrote:
Only revenge will satisfy Samantha. I suggest that she gets Phil back so that Phil may also be humiliated. Then after, she must go up to Phil and tell Phil that this is how she also felt when you made a comment about me and that he should stop hurting other people's feelings 'cause he wont lile it when people make humiliating comments about him.

Revenge isn't the best way to go. I think she should tell an adult about what happened and the and the adult can help her brainstorm ways to talk to Phil and she needs to forgive him. and also tell God about Phil and what he has done and to give her courage to forgive and forget.
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

Lesson 1: Being Perfect (July 5, 2014) 2 years 5 months ago #46534

• sha-sha
  • Love pathfinders and adore books
  • Thank you received: 36
Liyema Jacobs wrote:
Yes Phil humiliated her but it's not nice because if she didn't like it why would she do it to others she should have a talk with him to make
Him understand
#Books
#my little pony
#schhol
#church
#pathfinders

Lesson 1: Being Perfect (July 5, 2014) 2 years 5 months ago #46541

• Quirky
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2911
Matthew 5:44- But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you...

Mathew 18:15-17 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

(Jesus doesn't mean to treat him how the Jews treated the heathen man and publican. He meant treat them how JESUS treated the heathen man and the publican)

Romans 12:19- Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sha-sha
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds