Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 7: Listening on Purpose, Part 1 (May 19, 2012)

Lesson 7: Listening on Purpose, Part 1 (May 19, 2012) 5 years 5 months ago #2786

• s27388
  • Thank you received: 2
Sheilah and her mother are always fighting. Sheilah’s mother will say
something, and Sheilah will react by snapping at her, “You’re always on
my case!” Sometimes Sheilah will roll her eyes and sigh, or just ignore
her mother. Sheilah’s mother often responds by saying, “Because you
never listen to me!” Then Sheilah will click her teeth or go to her room.
Both of them are frustrated. What can each of them do to make things
better between them?
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by tball.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Lesson 7: Listening on Purpose, Part 1 (May 19, 2012) 5 years 5 months ago #2998

I think that Sheilah needs to listen to her mom. Because she needs to respect what her mom is trying to do, which is to give an advice. For it says in Exodus 20:12 "Honor your father and mother. Then you will live a long, full life in the land the Lord your god is giving you" (the 5th commandment). And they should listen to each other. The mom, I think she also needs to talk about something else. Something that can make them closer to each other. But of course, Sheilah needs to understand that a mother would always give her an advice because she made mistakes, and the mom doesn't want her to make the same mistakes again. Sheilah must not be self-righteous, thinking that she's always right and she doesn't need her mom to help her out, to give advice. She needs to listen, for even the wisest always needs to learn something. Like Jesus, we should listen to our parents. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lexi

Re: Lesson 7: Listening on Purpose, Part 1 (May 19, 2012) 5 years 5 months ago #3014

• 13and lovingit
  • Jesus loves me.
  • Thank you received: 29
B) they could both pray and ask God to help them. ;)

Re: Lesson 7: Listening on Purpose, Part 1 (May 19, 2012) 5 years 4 months ago #3049

• Lexi
  • strength, perseverance and faith is the key
  • Thank you received: 44
I must say that a child has his own rights to express his opinion freely. However, Shelia did not have to click her teeth at her mother. After all her mother brought her into this world. Also, Shelia's mom should find a way to say stuff in a way that it wont affect her daughter badly. This way maybe Shelia wont disrespect her mommy ;)
It is better to be noticed 4 wat u r than wat u r not!!!!!!!!!!!
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds