Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 6: Retreating Before You Charge (May 12, 2012)

Lesson 6: Retreating Before You Charge (May 12, 2012) 5 years 7 months ago #2689

• tball
  • Thank you received: 53
Jenna is in the eighth grade. She writes: “I invited my neighbor Cassandra to spend the weekend at my house while her parents were away. I take time to reflect and pray every night before I go to bed. Cassandra noticed I was praying and said her mother does the same thing as a result of yoga classes. ‘It’s all the same,’ she said. I didn’t know what to say. I don’t want her to think that spending time with God is the same thing as yoga. I don’t want to offend her by sounding stuck up about my religion. What do I say? Should I just leave it alone? It just seemed like a good opportunity to share and I think I blew it.”
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hk

Re: Lesson 6: Retreating Before You Charge (May 12, 2012) 5 years 7 months ago #2692

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
I would try to explain the differences. I wouldn't just leave her alone.
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)

Re: Lesson 6: Retreating Before You Charge (May 12, 2012) 5 years 7 months ago #2750

• DeVcHaRm
  • Jesus Loves Us All !!! :)
  • Thank you received: 1
Well, i would tell her its not the same. The difference is that in praying to God, we spend time communicating with him through the spirit. We are rflecting on Him and thanking him for what he has done for us. While ib yoga we just meditate to clear our thoughts from the stress ... Or so they say .. :)
Look back and thank God. Look forward and serve God. Look infront and trust God.

Re: Lesson 6: Retreating Before You Charge (May 12, 2012) 5 years 7 months ago #2773

The difference from casandras moms prayer and the other girls prayer is one os not really a prayer but a possision maybe. But jennas prayer is an authentic prayer to god

Re: Lesson 6: Retreating Before You Charge (May 12, 2012) 5 years 7 months ago #2774

• hk
what i think you should witness to her but take it slowly. dont be afraid because God is with and with you . He will bless you. and sometime invite her to your own church. B)
:P
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds