Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 5: Hanging on in God's Apparent Absence (May 5, 2012)

Lesson 5: Hanging on in God's Apparent Absence (May 5, 2012) 5 years 5 months ago #2183

• tball
  • Thank you received: 53
Dominic came home from his mother’s funeral today. His mother was only 34 and died suddenly of a rare virus. Sitting in his room amid all the pain and loss he feels, he is troubled by some of the things people said to him at the funeral. One person quoted Romans 8:28 to him, saying that “in all things God works for the good of those who love him” (NIV). Another mentioned that his mother’s death must have been part of God’s will. While there were many compassionate words spoken, these statements troubled him. How could this work for good? How could this be God’s will? If this is what God is like and this is what His will is, I want nothing to do with it or Him! What would you say to him if you could write him a letter as he sits in his room?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Lesson 5: Hanging on in God's Apparent Absence (May 5, 2012) 5 years 5 months ago #2187

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
Don't give up on God. He will be with you and also all things WILL work out for good to them who love the Lord.
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: $ummertime$adne$$

Re: Lesson 5: Hanging on in God's Apparent Absence (May 5, 2012) 5 years 5 months ago #2223

• Lyrical Ken17
  • Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays of
  • Thank you received: 4
God does things for a reason sometimes we may doubt him and may not understand him but we need to never give up and take matters into our own hands like Joseph
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
The following user(s) said Thank You: BerryGirl13, $ummertime$adne$$

Re: Lesson 5: Hanging on in God's Apparent Absence (May 5, 2012) 5 years 5 months ago #2250

• Lauryloo
  • Thank you received: 1
I would tell him that things don't always make sense but because sin is in the world, bad things do sometimes happen to good people. This doesn't mean God causes them to happen, but He allows them, sometimes for an unseen and unknown blessing down the road. There is a reason for everything and in the end, all things do work out for Godd for those who love the Lord, because the reward is heaven!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BerryGirl13

Re: Lesson 5: Hanging on in God's Apparent Absence (May 5, 2012) 5 years 5 months ago #2263

• Zatanna
  • Thank you received: 5
God loves you.He put her to rest because he wants her to be at peace.He did this because her virus was RARE and he didn't want her to suffer especially in front of you so he cares and you should thank him.She will rise again when he comes and you will be together with your mother just have faith and believe that thihgs willbe okay through him.If i did so can you.
Zatanna
The following user(s) said Thank You: BerryGirl13

Re: Lesson 5: Hanging on in God's Apparent Absence (May 5, 2012) 5 years 5 months ago #2566

• BerryGirl13
  • My favorite color is pink, I like baking & drawing
  • Thank you received: 440
I like what they do in the Middle East... People would could to your house and sit with you for a month or longer... Just sitting nad help out... If you need to talk they do... But they just hang around thats all ...
"I would rather be a sorrowful christian than a jolly fool."

Re: Lesson 5: Hanging on in God's Apparent Absence (May 5, 2012) 5 years 5 months ago #2567

• BerryGirl13
  • My favorite color is pink, I like baking & drawing
  • Thank you received: 440
It's pretty awkward finding the correct words to say during death... Sometimes just being there is best... because some people can say the wrong things at the wrong time... I would prefer to be there to support a friend.
"I would rather be a sorrowful christian than a jolly fool."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Godsadvicegiver12
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds