Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 12: Jesus,The Ultimate Hero (March 24, 2012)

Lesson 12: Jesus,The Ultimate Hero (March 24, 2012) 5 years 6 months ago #20

• tball
  • Thank you received: 53
Even adults would find it difficult to stand up and speak of Jesus in certain settings—such as a board meeting. Why do you think this is so? It’s not as if He’s a bad guy or has a bad rep. When you are asked in school to stand up and talk about your hero, do you say Jesus? If so, why, and if not, why not?

As Christians, adults and young people alike, sometimes we hesitate to be identified as part of the Jesus Fan Club. From your perspective, why is that? Any suggestions to fix this problem? Share your thoughts.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Lesson 12: Jesus,The Ultimate Hero (March 24, 2012) 5 years 6 months ago #54

• BerryGirl13
  • My favorite color is pink, I like baking & drawing
  • Thank you received: 440
I think the major reason why both children and adults find it difficult to speak their faith is because most people wouldnt be able to relate to them. For example, if you asked a group of people if they liked JB(Justin Beiber), you'd get hundreds of comments. Why? Because almost everyone knows who JB is! Not everyone may like him, but they know him. And if you said you did like JB, people would know why(good looks, nice vocals, amazing stage performances, or the irresistable hair flip). Which brings me back to my point. Not everyone knows who Jesus is, and some people who do know just dont believe in Him. As far as theyre concerned, why like what you cant see? But we christians have a strong spiritual connection to God and know for a fact that He truly is our "Hero". As for the rest of the world, they just wouldnt understand.
"I would rather be a sorrowful christian than a jolly fool."
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by rfishell.

Re: Lesson 12: Jesus,The Ultimate Hero (March 24, 2012) 5 years 6 months ago #70

I think it is hard for them to talk about Jesus because they feel embarased about Jesus.If someone did ask me to talk about my hero i would say someone else because i dont think of Jesus as a hero i think of him as a God that i have to obey.

Re: Lesson 12: Jesus,The Ultimate Hero (March 24, 2012) 5 years 6 months ago #150

• thalia
  • i love jesus
  • Thank you received: 5
Alex14 wrote:
I think it is hard for them to talk about Jesus because they feel embarased about Jesus.If someone did ask me to talk about my hero i would say someone else because i dont think of Jesus as a hero i think of him as a God that i have to obey.

jesus must be your hero becauze he sacrifised his life for you to you must think about jesus as a friend who din't care about his own life he could'n said no but he did it so be happy :)
(l)<3
The following user(s) said Thank You: BerryGirl13, maasai, xena203

Re: Lesson 12: Jesus,The Ultimate Hero (March 24, 2012) 5 years 6 months ago #171

Hmmm... why is it difficult for some people to talk about their faith? It's because of their colleagues and/or peers. You don't find a lot of people talking about Jesus and Seventh Day Adventists all the time like how people talk about who did what. Mainly the only time it comes up is when someone asks you to do something on Sabbath. I'm proud to talk about my faith and how it works. I even try to evangelize to others, if you might say, subliminally. I <3 Jesus so He deserves to be given recognition. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :lol: :lol: :lol: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Re: Lesson 12: Jesus,The Ultimate Hero (March 24, 2012) 5 years 6 months ago #230

• maasai
  • sweet
  • Thank you received: 13
:silly: I agree adults could be afraid sometimes when they have to speak
how cute are these bunny
:*

Re: Lesson 12: Jesus,The Ultimate Hero (March 24, 2012) 5 years 6 months ago #1071

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
Well, to me, it is because they want to be closer to Jesus but they have some stuff that they don't want to give up but they know that it isn't Godly. Some suggestions to that is:
You are going to have to chose. Should I be Godly or worldy is the question you are going to have to ask yourself. God wants you to chose him. If you do chose him, you need to let go of that thing that was at first keeping you away from him. Surrender your all to God and let him come in and change you.
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds