Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lesson 4: Walking With God, Part 2 (April 28, 2012)

Lesson 4: Walking With God, Part 2 (April 28, 2012) 5 years 8 months ago #1811

• tball
  • Thank you received: 53
At the climax of The Quest of the Holy Grail—one of the medieval tales of King Arthur and his knights—the pure Sir Galahad is the knight that reaches the ultimate end of the quest. He is given a glimpse of God (although what this means is not clear from the story) and is instantly struck dead.

If you had the chance to see God face to face—and have all your doubts and questions instantly blown away by His glory—but it meant your death, would you take that chance?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Lesson 4: Walking With God, Part 2 (April 28, 2012) 5 years 8 months ago #1816

no

Re: Lesson 4: Walking With God, Part 2 (April 28, 2012) 5 years 8 months ago #1824

• BerryGirl13
  • My favorite color is pink, I like baking & drawing
  • Thank you received: 441
I wouldn't if it meant death!!! Besides, I already have enough faith to believe that God exists. I don't need to physically see Him.
"I would rather be a sorrowful christian than a jolly fool."

Re: Lesson 4: Walking With God, Part 2 (April 28, 2012) 5 years 8 months ago #1832

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 797
I totally agree with you BerryGirl13!
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)

Re: Lesson 4: Walking With God, Part 2 (April 28, 2012) 5 years 8 months ago #1853

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
Looking at it from a spiritual sense, it would be tempting- make things right with God and then see him and die, no more of the worries of this earth. But personally i believe we have a purpose as Seventh Day Adventist and that is to spread the gospel and the news of Christ second coming to the whole world. I really believe in that calling and i will through God's strength and my weakness forfill that call. that is our purpose on this earth and at the end of the day that is a much more rewarding thing to do than to see God.

Re: Lesson 4: Walking With God, Part 2 (April 28, 2012) 5 years 8 months ago #1877

BerryGirl13 wrote:
I wouldn't if it meant death!!! .
Nicely put (y)

Re: Lesson 4: Walking With God, Part 2 (April 28, 2012) 5 years 8 months ago #1878

• Lyrical Ken17
  • Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays of
  • Thank you received: 4
i think that i would be willing to die for Christ but the thing is what if u have not doubted or run away from god
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Re: Lesson 4: Walking With God, Part 2 (April 28, 2012) 5 years 8 months ago #1879

• Lyrical Ken17
  • Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays of
  • Thank you received: 4
i would be willing to die for Christ's reassurance and being able to understand him more yet on the other hand we should not doubt God because there are so many examples in the bible where god has put people through trials such as Job yet there was a reason behind it and Joseph as well as he went through a lot of challenges but ended up becoming a prime minister of a country.
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Re: Lesson 4: Walking With God, Part 2 (April 28, 2012) 5 years 8 months ago #2077

yes! i would because i wouldn't necessarily have a painful death, and I would want to have all my doubts and fears wiped away. That would be the last thing I would want to remember before I died. :)
~113/\/\3r u331!3~

Re: Lesson 4: Walking With God, Part 2 (April 28, 2012) 5 years 8 months ago #2153

• Dreamer21
  • Thank you received: 34
NO I wouldn't I believe there is a god and if every christian did the same who would stay and witness to the people who don't believe in God? :) Nice comment BerryGirl

Re: Lesson 4: Walking With God, Part 2 (April 28, 2012) 5 years 6 months ago #6676

• osaze2
  • Thank you received: 6
Yes i would take that chance once i know that i will be in the first resurrection when He comes again. :)
~Malachi~

Re: Lesson 4: Walking With God, Part 2 (April 28, 2012) 5 years 6 months ago #6835

• Bree_girl_of_God
  • Don't cross a bridge before it's made ;)
  • Thank you received: 3
Well I wouldn't do it not because it meant death but because our job is to keep on trying to convert people and if we die even though OUR (as in us Christians) questions would be answered many people who don't know about God wouldn't be able to learn...

Re: Lesson 4: Walking With God, Part 2 (April 28, 2012) 5 years 4 months ago #8967

• Emerl2
  • Thank you received: 151
Yes it would be worth it.
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds