Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: WHY DID GOD ORDER THE DEATH OF SO MANY INNOCENT PEOPIE?!

WHY DID GOD ORDER THE DEATH OF SO MANY INNOCENT PEOPIE?! 2 years 9 months ago #43815

• Blue Tornado
  • Happy birthday, TravelPastel!!!
  • Thank you received: 806
That is their punishment. I have NO evidence for this, but I imagine that when Jesus sends fire from Heaven to consume Satan's army at the Third Coming, I imagine His face to be a face of sadness. He loved those people, and oh, how He wanted them to follow Him! But they chose not to, so they must be punished.

It's like this: Why do your parents put you into a time-out? Because they hate you and want to suffer the fullest? No! They do it so you won't make the same mistake because if they DIDN'T love you, they wouldn't punish you--let you just go around, "be free", and receive no punishments. Then when you get older, you make the same mistakes, over and over and over again. No one taught you to stop while you were still young and obedient. But they do, so you won't make the same mistakes over and over and over again. I hope this helps!

"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: Bat Wen
Roblox: BlueTorn
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, RJ, chloe.sweet123, miss amazing, Mp137, sekayi_101, it is me

WHY DID GOD ORDER THE DEATH OF SO MANY INNOCENT PEOPIE?! 2 years 9 months ago #43820

• 4given4itall
  • me and my horse
  • Thank you received: 75
miss amazing, I have to admit i'm not so sure on that but I do know God is not a mean God. Just read the book of Hosea. God promised the Israelites that He would give them a land 'flowing with milk and honey', Canaan. There was just one problem. Other nations and cities already inhabited Canaan. They certainatly weren't going to move just because a God that was not their own god told them to. I agree it seems harsh and extreme but they were in a whole different time period than us.

Anyway, besides that, there are many cases where God is trying to bring people to him, not just the Israelites.
God also did stuff like that to remind His people that He has ultimate control and power.

Hope that helped.
MegZ
The following user(s) said Thank You: miss amazing, Goatlover

WHY DID GOD ORDER THE DEATH OF SO MANY INNOCENT PEOPIE?! 2 years 9 months ago #43853

• THE.BIG.O
  • Thank you received: 3
God was not being mean when he told his people to wipe out the cites. He told his people to do it because the people in the city were not innocent, and I think he gave all the cites a choice like with Sodom and Gomorra
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4given4itall, Prov17, Greyowl

WHY DID GOD ORDER THE DEATH OF SO MANY INNOCENT PEOPIE?! 2 years 9 months ago #43874

• Going4God
  • Thank you received: 242
In the story of Abraham, there was a city called Sodom that was unbelievably sinful in the eyes of God. God told Abraham of his plan to wipe out that city. Abraham asked him why he would destroy evil people along with the good. God if then told Abraham that He would save the entire city if there were 50 righteous people. So Abraham asked if God would save the entire city if there were 45 righteous people. God said yes. So Abraham asked if God would save the entire city for 40, 30, 20, 10, and God agreed each time. God is so merciful, he would have saved an entire city just for the sake of 10 people. But there were even less than 10, imagine that. But even then, God saved those righteous people.
God only destroyed cities that were undeniably terribly sinful with no good people. Although His decisions might seem rash to us, remember, we are the created, not the creator, so we will never be able to understand everything. Just remember that God is in control and He's got a much better plan than you or me.
you are beautiful.
you are worth it.
you are amazing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, miss amazing

WHY DID GOD ORDER THE DEATH OF SO MANY INNOCENT PEOPIE?! 2 years 9 months ago #43881

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2978
Read Deuteronomy 9:1-5, and 1 Samuel 15:1-7. Whenever God ordered the death of a certain people he always had a reason. Let me know if this helped :)

(to get a better view of the passage in 1 Samuel, read Exodus 17:8-16)
The following user(s) said Thank You: miss amazing

WHY DID GOD ORDER THE DEATH OF SO MANY INNOCENT PEOPIE?! 2 years 9 months ago #44214

• miss amazing
  • Hurry up Summer!
  • Thank you received: 194
Thanks Quirky and the rest of you.It really helped!
Hannah...always a kiwi at heart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

WHY DID GOD ORDER THE DEATH OF SO MANY INNOCENT PEOPIE?! 2 years 8 months ago #44536

• miss amazing
  • Hurry up Summer!
Thanks everyone for the help!

WHY DID GOD ORDER THE DEATH OF SO MANY INNOCENT PEOPIE?! 2 years 8 months ago #44794

• Sk8er4God
  • Allons-y!
  • Thank you received: 255
Well what about during the plagues of Egypt? The tenth plague the firstborn son was killed if they didn't have the blood on their door. What if some of the families didn't know about it and just woke up and found their son dead...that would be really sad. And the people weren't the one holding them back from leaving, it was the king. So why did he need to kill all of them?
M-mental
A-abuse
T-to
H-humans

Just kidding I like math.

WHY DID GOD ORDER THE DEATH OF SO MANY INNOCENT PEOPIE?! 2 years 8 months ago #44867

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 343
@BlueTornado What Third Coming?
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

The following user(s) said Thank You: 4given4itall, Lloyd101

WHY DID GOD ORDER THE DEATH OF SO MANY INNOCENT PEOPIE?! 2 years 7 months ago #44960

• smileygon10
  • Meow!
  • Thank you received: 126
@mittens92999,

Blue Tornado was referring to the "Third Coming" as after the 1000 years, when the New Jerusalem comes to the New Earth.
Smiling for Jesus

WHY DID GOD ORDER THE DEATH OF SO MANY INNOCENT PEOPIE?! 2 years 7 months ago #45021

• miss amazing
  • Hurry up Summer!
mittens92999 wrote:
I think he means when Jesus comes the third time to wipe out all the bad guys after the thousand years.The first coming was when he came to earth as a baby, the second when he brings the good people to heaven and the third is when he brings the New Jerusalem down to earth ,raises all the dead bad guys and sends fire down from heaven to consume them. What I don't get is why would God raise the people from the dead just to burn them up again. They were already dead. :dry:

WHY DID GOD ORDER THE DEATH OF SO MANY INNOCENT PEOPIE?! 2 years 7 months ago #45046

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
miss amazing wrote:
mittens92999 wrote:
I think he means when Jesus comes the third time to wipe out all the bad guys after the thousand years.The first coming was when he came to earth as a baby, the second when he brings the good people to heaven and the third is when he brings the New Jerusalem down to earth ,raises all the dead bad guys and sends fire down from heaven to consume them. What I don't get is why would God raise the people from the dead just to burn them up again. They were already dead. :dry:

Miss amazing, God isn't doing this to make sure they suffer as long as possible.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

Those who are lost CHOSE to be lost. They rejected God either out of pure hatred, or being scared to loose material things, or for whatever reason. When God raise the lost back to life at the second resurrection (or 'third coming'), it is so that they can fully acknowledge that God is God and that He is just and that they deserve their punishment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: miss amazing, BellaB

WHY DID GOD ORDER THE DEATH OF SO MANY INNOCENT PEOPIE?! 2 years 7 months ago #45367

The thing is... think if those women and children were to survive...... Those same babies could possibly grow up and want to take revenge on the Israelites. All their lives they would plot to kill them all... Example Haman the agagite. He was a descendent, I believe, of Agag king of the Amalikites. If you check in 1 Samuel, God told king saul through Samuel to destroy everything, because they were a really bad people ( Seriously they were REALLY BAD) Saul didn't obey God, let Agag live, (even though Samuel killed him later) and let some of the animals survive. ( Read the rest of the story in 1 Samuel 15) Obviously someone survive and the result of that was Haman, who probably was a baby or not even born yet. He appears in the story of Ester, he wanted revenge for the Israelites killing all of his people. You see my logic?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, Prov17, miss amazing

WHY DID GOD ORDER THE DEATH OF SO MANY INNOCENT PEOPIE?! 1 year 9 months ago #55218

• RJ
  • Thank you received: 21
Blue Tornado wrote:
That is their punishment. I have NO evidence for this, but I imagine that when Jesus sends fire from Heaven to consume Satan's army at the Third Coming, I imagine His face to be a face of sadness. He loved those people, and oh, how He wanted them to follow Him! But they chose not to, so they must be punished.

It's like this: Why do your parents put you into a time-out? Because they hate you and want to suffer the fullest? No! They do it so you won't make the same mistake because if they DIDN'T love you, they wouldn't punish you--let you just go around, "be free", and receive no punishments. Then when you get older, you make the same mistakes, over and over and over again. No one taught you to stop while you were still young and obedient. But they do, so you won't make the same mistakes over and over and over again. I hope this helps!

What this person said is a great way to look at it! Also, think of it like this -- all the innocent people who died will get a chance at eternal life with the Lord. But the majority of the people who were killed in the OT were very wicked people.

God will make everything right in the end of this world. For example, do you know the name and appearance of every baby who has ever died in the entire history of this world? God does! And He will give each and every one of them a chance to choose Him.

WHY DID GOD ORDER THE DEATH OF SO MANY INNOCENT PEOPIE?! 1 year 9 months ago #55452

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
Sk8er4God wrote:
Well what about during the plagues of Egypt? The tenth plague the firstborn son was killed if they didn't have the blood on their door. What if some of the families didn't know about it and just woke up and found their son dead...that would be really sad. And the people weren't the one holding them back from leaving, it was the king. So why did he need to kill all of them?

I believe that all of the Israelites knew that they were suppose to put the blood on there doors. God is a God of justice, as well as mercy. He would allow someone to not know something and then punish them.

WHY DID GOD ORDER THE DEATH OF SO MANY INNOCENT PEOPIE?! 1 year 6 months ago #58196

• sunnyside1
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ready for God
  • Thank you received: 415
Sk8er4God wrote:

The way things were going, everyone in Egypt knew about what was going on. Egypt was very connected; news traveled quickly. And I think that nobody wanted the Israelites to leave. After all, if the slaves left, the system collapsed. No one to your build stuff or cook your food or take care of your animals. All of the taskmasters would be out of work. Why would they want them to leave? But the ones who were willing to let the Israelites go and be made a fool, were allowed to do the same thing the Israelites were doing and so be saved. The choice was open to everyone but only a few took it. So those who trusted in Satan to protect them (after all their gods were really Satan) were left to what he would do to them but those who trusted in God, showing it by doing what He told them to do, were saved.

Does that make sense?
Sometimes we worry,
Sometimes we fret.
Sometimes we feel like
We can't move a step.

But God is still with us.
Keep Him in mind.
Trust in Him alway.
He is ever so kind.

WHY DID GOD ORDER THE DEATH OF SO MANY INNOCENT PEOPIE?! 1 year 5 months ago #58380

• OUTBACK
  • Aussie and proud of it!
  • Thank you received: 55
God is a God of justice and mercy! He punishes when wrong is done coz he loves us. :)
I think Revelation 3:19-21 is an awesome example:
"As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten (punish). Therefore be zealous and repent. Behold I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door I will come in to him and dine with him and he with me. To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne, as I also overcame and sat down with my Father on His throne."

For the nations God's people drove out, God's grace had ended. He still loved them, but they had repeatedly rejected the opportunity to repent. There were forty years while the Israelites wandered in the wilderness, were they talked about the great God of Israel. But unfortunately it didn't change their idolatrous ways, if they had turned from their sin, God would have been merciful and spared them.
" But if a wicked man turns from all his sin which he has committed, keep all My statues, and does what is lawful and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die." Ezekiel 28:21

" ' As I live,' says the Lord' I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his ways and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why should you die..."

God loves you, Miss Amazing, and all his creations which he sent his son to die for!! :)
I hope this helps you! ;)
OUTBACK
“I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror –
The wide brown land for me!

WHY DID GOD ORDER THE DEATH OF SO MANY INNOCENT PEOPIE?! 1 year 5 months ago #58500

• it is me
  • I love books, Physics, and chocolate
  • Thank you received: 44
Quirky wrote:
miss amazing wrote:
mittens92999 wrote:

Miss amazing, God isn't doing this to make sure they suffer as long as possible.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

Those who are lost CHOSE to be lost. They rejected God either out of pure hatred, or being scared to loose material things, or for whatever reason. When God raise the lost back to life at the second resurrection (or 'third coming'), it is so that they can fully acknowledge that God is God and that He is just and that they deserve their punishment.

Also, the people are not all the way "dead", they are what Jesus called "sleeping".
So he will "wake them up" from their "sleep" and then they will actually die.
God and sciences are like a bicycle wheel. Like the spokes, all sciences lead to God's amazing power and love, which, like the circular rim, has no beginning and no end.

WHY DID GOD ORDER THE DEATH OF SO MANY INNOCENT PEOPIE?! 1 year 4 months ago #59038

• Nate1246
  • ~LF~ ¤KING¤
  • Thank you received: 43
Blue Tornado wrote:

thank you oh wrong button
Rrrrrrroarrrrrr!!!!!

WHY DID GOD ORDER THE DEATH OF SO MANY INNOCENT PEOPIE?! 1 year 4 months ago #59143

• Chickadee
  • I love dogs!!
  • Thank you received: 211
miss amazing wrote:
mittens92999 wrote:

He does not resurrect them just to kill them again. Think about it. Adolf Hitler tortured and killed many millions of people. He committed suicide (maybe)
Dont all those people he killed deserve justice? Their lives were ruined. Their children were killed ruthlessly. They were tortured. "Experiments" were carried out on them with no pain killer. God can not let that slide. He is a just God. He knows the pain that those dear people went through because of a demon possessed man.
Everyone will have to stand before God when he comes for the 3rd time to earth. He will judge them, and show them WHY they were lost. Then all the people will bow the knee and acknowledge that God is a just God. They are not sorry for their sins, however. They are sorry for the CONSEQUENCES of their sins. Then God will destroy them. He lets them suffer according to the sins they committed. If there was a man who sinned an"little" bit, he probably will be just burned up within seconds. Adolf Hitler will burn much much longer, according to the amount of pain he caused other people.

You can read this in Grwat Controversy. What God does is just and righteous. He will never cause unnecessary pain.

WHY DID GOD ORDER THE DEATH OF SO MANY INNOCENT PEOPIE?! 1 year 4 months ago #59156

• sekayi_101
  • i am a PK and i love it!
  • Thank you received: 96
miss amazing wrote:
mittens92999 wrote:

God isn't going to burn the 'bad guys' twice! The first time Jesus comes, the 'bad guys' will be stricken down by His brightness. It is the second time He comes is when he will burn them.

Up to the hill of Calvary
My Savior went courageously
and there he bled and died for me
Hallelujah for the cross
-Newsboys Hallelujah For The Cross

WHY DID GOD ORDER THE DEATH OF SO MANY INNOCENT PEOPIE?! 1 year 4 months ago #59158

• sekayi_101
  • i am a PK and i love it!
  • Thank you received: 96
Third time I mean. When Jesus come the Third time, is when he will burn up the 'Bad guys'.

Up to the hill of Calvary
My Savior went courageously
and there he bled and died for me
Hallelujah for the cross
-Newsboys Hallelujah For The Cross
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds