TOPIC: Marriage in Heaven

Marriage in Heaven 2 years 2 months ago #50064

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2978
dmdainty wrote:
marriage will happen till when we come back to earth.....that's the new earth

Can you back that up with scripture and Spirit of Prophecy. I'm not challenging you I just want to make sure that you can give a reason of the hope that is in you (1 Peter 3:15).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Marriage in Heaven 1 year 9 months ago #54804

• im a beekeeper
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Fellow fruit loop :P
  • Thank you received: 188
No. Jesus said we will be like the angels and not get married.

guidecyberclub.org/beekeeper

firstencounterministry.org/join-our-team/

Marriage in Heaven 1 year 9 months ago #54869

I hear and understand what most of yall are saying but I have to respectfully and cautiously disagree based on the facts that
1: Marriage was instituted before sin therefore it is a perfect institution and since God is perfect he doesn't change his mind
2: When God created mankind in his own image it wasn't just the physical man and woman he created in his own image but rather the family unit (Mother, Father and Children) therefore without marriage we would no longer be in God's Image
3: If Marriages are non existent, then why pray tell would the mother - child relationship still exist?
4: The Matthew 22 passage has more to do with the proper understanding of the scriptures, and the resurrection than it does marriage
I could be wrong, I'm just saying why i think its possible that there may still be marriage in heaven, perhaps in a different form, perhaps not, or i could be wrong and there wont be marriage in heaven, I don't know, But I do know that whatever things are like up there it will be for our own good, and for our happiness, remember 1 John 4:8 says God is Love
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary

Marriage in Heaven 1 year 9 months ago #54968

• TomTom
  • Thank you received: 185
notturningaside wrote:
I hear and understand what most of yall are saying but I have to respectfully and cautiously disagree based on the facts that
1: Marriage was instituted before sin therefore it is a perfect institution and since God is perfect he doesn't change his mind
2: When God created mankind in his own image it wasn't just the physical man and woman he created in his own image but rather the family unit (Mother, Father and Children) therefore without marriage we would no longer be in God's Image
3: If Marriages are non existent, then why pray tell would the mother - child relationship still exist?
4: The Matthew 22 passage has more to do with the proper understanding of the scriptures, and the resurrection than it does marriage
I could be wrong, I'm just saying why i think its possible that there may still be marriage in heaven, perhaps in a different form, perhaps not, or i could be wrong and there wont be marriage in heaven, I don't know, But I do know that whatever things are like up there it will be for our own good, and for our happiness, remember 1 John 4:8 says God is Love

I agree with pretty much everything you said

Marriage in Heaven 1 year 9 months ago #55044

• Big al
  • I just Love being Me and Hearts
  • Thank you received: 225
I really Don't Know if there will be Marriage in Heaven. I Guess I'll have to ask God when we get there :P

I really Hope so thought because Marriage is such a wonderful Perfect Union.
Too many years trying not to rock the boat
I gotta quote, "I don't wanna rock the boat, I wanna sink it"
Ima just do it

KB. Ima Just Do It

Marriage in Heaven 1 year 9 months ago #55098

• dogluvergirl101
  • Shakespeare is awesome. Just sayin'. #theatrekid
  • Thank you received: 101
I really hope there's marriage in heaven. I mean I know I shouldn't be thinking about getting married right now, but I know I will someday and I know that at some point I'm going to find the love of my life. And I'm going to want to marry the love of my life. If Jesus comes before we get married, don't you think we'd get married up there?

I mean think about it for a second. God created marriage. And God sends us the right people to share the rest of our lives with. So don't you think that God would want all that to continue? Imagine the wedding you might have up there in heaven! I'm pretty sure Jesus would be smiling, He Himself probably being the pastor guy at the ceremony.

God created marriage and the unity of a man and woman as a beautiful thing. Do you think He'd mean for that beautiful thing to stop once He arrived to take us to Heaven?
"Art is when the mind shuts off and the heart takes its turn to speak. Whether it's music, paint, theatre, writing, or what have you; each heart has its own voice.

"What is your heart trying to say?"

- Aunt Katherine from énoument (a quote from a book I'm writing)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big al, Mp137

Marriage in Heaven 1 year 9 months ago #55978

• im a beekeeper
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Fellow fruit loop :P
  • Thank you received: 188
In Matthew 22:25-? Jesus says we will not be married in heaven.

guidecyberclub.org/beekeeper

firstencounterministry.org/join-our-team/

Marriage in Heaven 1 year 7 months ago #57026

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 343
Read these verses:

Matthew 22:30- "For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven."
Luke 20:34-36- Jesus answered and said to them, "The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage.But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage,nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection."
Also check out Mark 12:22-25 and Matthew 22: 23-30.
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, im a beekeeper
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds