Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I'm So Confused...

I'm So Confused... 1 month 3 weeks ago #85614

Ok, so I recently started at a new school. I was having a hard time making friends but I am doing better now. Anyways, I met this boy who was always friendly to me at the beginning, even though I was pretty shy. Let's call him Jake. We became friends and he's really nice. Recently though I kind of have started developing small feelings for him. I don't know if it's because I have never really had a boy pay that much attention to me before or if he's just good looking (which he is). People started asking Jake if he liked me and he said no. I didn't care then because I didn't like him, but now I do lol. He is always was using pickup lines on me as a joke and he once jokingly asked me to marry him. One time, I was feeling really tired and sad and he looked genuinely worried and asked me if I was ok. Another time, I was waiting for my mom to pick me up and I was sitting alone and he came up and talked to me for twenty minutes. It was a really nice conversation and that's when I started thinking about him. How do I know if he likes me as just a friend or something more? I don't know if he's the flirty type or not because I just met him. When I see him, I try to act like I don't like him or anything, because I don't want him to know. It's just that if he likes me and then I come off as cold or something, and then he thinks I don't like him, which I do. How can I tell and what should I do?
Why you gotta be so mean!?!?!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I'm So Confused... 1 month 2 weeks ago #85634

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2978
Lol, you sound a lot like me. I've never really had a ton of interactions with guys over the course of my life so whenever a guy went "out of his way" to talk to me (even though to him he's probably just being normal and talking to me like the human being that I am) I'd be all like "OMPB what if he like me?!? :woohoo: / :S"

So anyway, I've come to realize that if a guy starts showing attention, and I start "crushing"on him, I have to figure out why. Is it just because I think he's cute and pays attention to me? Or is it because I see qualities of character in him that are cool and I'd like to get to know him more. Is it a crush that'll lead to a hasty romantic relationship that ends up in broken pieces and broken hearts? Or is it admiration for him that leads to a desire to get to know him more as a friend (and possibly as more than friends as you guys get older and more mature in character).

I advise you to figure all of this stuff out now before you find out if he likes you, because then, whether he likes you back or not you can know how to respond.

IMPORTANT: Even if the guy likes you, its okay to still be just friends. Don't feel a need to date someone just because you guys share mutual feelings for each other.

K, that's it. Hopefully you find this somewhat helpful. Remember that regardless of whatever happens, consult with your Dad with each step that should be taken. Here's something that He has taught me, so I'll pass on the wisdom:

Proverbs 31:30
Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.

Trust God!

Okay, I'm done now. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum

I'm So Confused... 1 month 2 weeks ago #85651

• SRNitro
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Thank you received: 428
mittens92998 wrote:
Ok, so I recently started at a new school. I was having a hard time making friends but I am doing better now. Anyways, I met this boy who was always friendly to me at the beginning, even though I was pretty shy. Let's call him Jake. We became friends and he's really nice. Recently though I kind of have started developing small feelings for him. I don't know if it's because I have never really had a boy pay that much attention to me before or if he's just good looking (which he is). People started asking Jake if he liked me and he said no. I didn't care then because I didn't like him, but now I do lol. He is always was using pickup lines on me as a joke and he once jokingly asked me to marry him. One time, I was feeling really tired and sad and he looked genuinely worried and asked me if I was ok. Another time, I was waiting for my mom to pick me up and I was sitting alone and he came up and talked to me for twenty minutes. It was a really nice conversation and that's when I started thinking about him. How do I know if he likes me as just a friend or something more? I don't know if he's the flirty type or not because I just met him. When I see him, I try to act like I don't like him or anything, because I don't want him to know. It's just that if he likes me and then I come off as cold or something, and then he thinks I don't like him, which I do. How can I tell and what should I do?

I am tired of dealing with insecurities. Honestly I don’t know if we can help you, you’ll probably learn it along the way. The most logical and reasonable thing to do is to just go and make it public with him that you like him and if he doesn’t say anything back about it or he says he doesn’t feel the same way, that’s it. It really doesn’t matter and it was just a no and that’s not even bad. And then continue on with the friendship. It’s so simple, just ask. But yet, I wasn’t able to do it for a while and eventually it came. Just when it feels right and when you don’t feel worried about it.
IM LOLING FOR JESUS LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLROFLROFLROFL

I'm So Confused... 1 month 2 weeks ago #85669

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
Kwesi wrote:
And now a word from our sponsors

???

I'm So Confused... 1 month 2 weeks ago #85675

Forgive me for sounding a bit like a weeaboo or cold, but it sounds like you're a bit of a tsundere, jk. :) Well, a way to know if a guy likes you is if he stares a lot at you, likes to talk with you, likes to talk about you and likes to be with you. But is this guy a Christian, if he is, no harm in asking him out or confessing. If he says no, he says no; at least you get it off your chest. But if he isn't a Christian, it's best not to get involved, because if you do get into a relationship, there will be more strain between the two of you. Just my advice.

I'm So Confused... 1 month 2 weeks ago #85676

• TravelPastel
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Thank you received: 556
Lol maybe he's just one of those kids who are players. I had one at my old school, and he flirted with almost every girl in the class and always joked around by hugging girls he knew liked him or, somewhat, leading them on.
Eyyy it's my birthday month!! 18th is my day of arrival on this planet >O<
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<

I'm So Confused... 1 month 2 weeks ago #85681

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
TravelPastel wrote:
Lol maybe he's just one of those kids who are players. I had one at my old school, and he flirted with almost every girl in the class and always joked around by hugging girls he knew liked him or, somewhat, leading them on.

That's so awful! :(

I'm So Confused... 1 month 2 weeks ago #85723

TravelPastel wrote:

Ya, that might be it. I really don't know. I haven't given him any indicator that I liked him. He usually is the first one to approach me and sit by me, which he does almost every day. I am pretty shy, so I don't really know why lol.
Why you gotta be so mean!?!?!

I'm So Confused... 1 month 2 weeks ago #85738

• TravelPastel
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Thank you received: 556
Quirky wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:

Yeah... His poor girlfriend was one of my good friends, and she was always crushed. But she was stuck in a trance and stayed with him.
Eyyy it's my birthday month!! 18th is my day of arrival on this planet >O<
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<

I'm So Confused... 1 month 2 weeks ago #85748

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
TravelPastel wrote:
Quirky wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:

Yeah... His poor girlfriend was one of my good friends, and she was always crushed. But she was stuck in a trance and stayed with him.

Why?!?!?! Ugh! Dating relationships are so frustrating :dry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04

I'm So Confused... 1 month 2 weeks ago #85753

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
Lol, good grief Kwesi :lol:
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds