Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I need help.....

I need help..... 2 months 3 weeks ago #85217

• missmack414
  • Frontier Voyager I love Jesus with all of my heart
  • Thank you received: 4
I don't know where else to put this. I think this is the best group to talk to. At the time of the story, I was 13.

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I know this is long. I don't know what to do. Help?
♥♥♥MICHAELA♥♥♥
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I need help..... 2 months 3 weeks ago #85230

• jGod8865
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Pollo y Papa Frita
  • Thank you received: 171
Well if he treated you like that you like that, he didn't really like you. He just wanted to use you. Then when he realized he couldn't get what he wanted from you he went after the older girl who he also wanted something from. So from what I got from what you wrote, he was a player. If you gave him what he wanted he would have left you and went to the next girl. Then you would have lost and he would be happy and keep doing it to each girl he sets his mind to while you have to live with that mistake Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: missmack414

I need help..... 2 months 3 weeks ago #85253

He's a PK (pastor's kid) right? If that is the case, tell his dad how you were treated by him, and if he doesn't listen to his dad, you go with him. If he doesn't change and listen to both of you, rebuke him in front of the whole church. If he still doesn't listen, treat him as a heathen man and a publican. (I'm quoting the Apostle Paul.) When I say treat him as a heathen man and a publican, I mean how Jesus would've treated them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, jGod8865

I need help..... 2 months 3 weeks ago #85260

• Allison C
  • NOW ONLINE
  • To know him is life.
  • Thank you received: 173
Well, let's get something strait here. Do you love him, or is it attraction/lust? Love means, that even though something bad may happen to you, I still love you, and I'll still be with you. Lust is like, "Pff! You were in a car accident that paralyzed you from the neck down? Forget it! I'm going to go find someone else!" Does that make sense?

Love also means, that even though you aren't perfect, you make mistakes, I love you anyway. But you have to also be careful in that area. If someone, for example, that you love is into drugs and such, it wouldn't be a good idea to get involved with them. The best you could do is to pray for them and follow God's guiding. It would be a beautiful thing to love someone like that back to the Lord and then God marries you guys. Is this making any sense?

So, pray about it. I wouldn't advise you to get involved with this guy, but pray for him. Yes, you still love him. And yes, it's very hard to say, "Self, stop loving this guy." But I would encourage you to go to God and ask him, "Should I be loving this guy? Is it wise? Is it what you would have me do?" If that answer is no, you actually can stop loving him with God's help. If God is leading you, however, to love him and be a witness to Him, then ask him what he would have you do in regard to that.

Well, I hoped that helped some. I hope it make sense!

Adriana
To know Him is life.
To see him is Faith.
To feel Him is mercy.
To touch him is grace.

To be near him is love.
He's your light in the dark.
Your life will be beautiful
When he's near your heart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, missmack414, jGod8865, Ruthie

I need help..... 2 months 3 weeks ago #85275

• missmack414
Well, by what you've said I do love him. Sadly he was in an accident a couple days ago, broke his collar bone by breaking the rules and doing the exact opposite of what they said. I still really care about him even if he went bald I still would... I'll pray about it for a while. Thanks.
♥♥♥MICHAELA♥♥♥

I need help..... 2 months 3 weeks ago #85282

• TravelPastel
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Thank you received: 603
I... Can relate to you.
I recently just got over my first love as well. I thought about him all the time, and it was getting in the way of my school work and life.
I had to force myself to stop, because it was getting in the way. It was so hard to let go... My heart was holding on, dragging me through a forest of emotions and torture. My mind was screaming for me to let go, but my heart held on.
I said if God wants me to be with him, he'll send me a sign, and I'll know.
There's this quote that stuck with me through this hard time, it was "If you love them, let them go. And if they come back, they were always yours. But if they don't, they never were."
It's going to take a while... It took me probably 7 or 8 months!

Maybe God did want you to love this guy, so that when you get together or even get married, you can right his wrongs and maybe stop him from smoking.

Like Allison said, God is leading you. Pray everyday. That's what I do, even to this day. I pray about the situation and that God will lead me everyday.

Just... Hang in there.
too lazy to have a fancy signature rip
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
Also don't look at my profile cause I definitely didn't put my birthday (year) there now
The following user(s) said Thank You: missmack414

I need help..... 2 months 3 weeks ago #85284

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Thank you received: 1131
TravelPastel wrote:
I... Can relate to you.
I recently just got over my first love as well. I thought about him all the time, and it was getting in the way of my school work and life.
I had to force myself to stop, because it was getting in the way. It was so hard to let go... My heart was holding on, dragging me through a forest of emotions and torture. My mind was screaming for me to let go, but my heart held on.
There's this quote that stuck with me through this hard time, it was "If you love them, let them go. And if they come back, they were always yours. But if they don't, they never were."

Maybe God did want you to love this guy, so that when you get together or even get married, you can right his wrongs and maybe stop him from smoking.

Like Allison said, God is leading you. Pray everyday. That's what I do, even to this day. I pray about the situation and that God will lead me everyday.

Just... Hang in there.
In relation to "so that when you get together or even get married, you can right his wrongs and maybe stop him from smoking," there are so many, many marriages that have ended up going the wrong way because one partner thought they could change the other one in due time...
I really, really, really recommend reading Adventist Home and Letters to Young Lovers. They are such good books, and they're even relevant in today's world! :)

The plea is sometimes made that the unbeliever is favorable to religion and is all that could be desired in a companion except in one thing—he is not a Christian. Although the better judgment of the believer may suggest the impropriety of a union for life with an unbeliever, yet, in nine cases out of ten, inclination triumphs. Spiritual declension commences the moment the vow is made at the altar; religious fervor is dampened, and one stronghold after another is broken down, until both stand side by side under the black banner of Satan. Even in the festivities of the wedding the spirit of the world triumphs against conscience, faith, and truth. In the new home the hour of prayer is not respected. The bride and bridegroom have chosen each other and dismissed Jesus. [8] – {AH 65.1}
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, missmack414, im a beekeeper, TravelPastel

I need help..... 2 months 3 weeks ago #85288

• TravelPastel
bush possum wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
I... Can relate to you.

Just... Hang in there.
In relation to "so that when you get together or even get married, you can right his wrongs and maybe stop him from smoking," there are so many, many marriages that have ended up going the wrong way because one partner thought they could change the other one in due time...
I really, really, really recommend reading Adventist Home and Letters to Young Lovers. They are such good books, and they're even relevant in today's world! :)

The plea is sometimes made that the unbeliever is favorable to religion and is all that could be desired in a companion except in one thing—he is not a Christian. Although the better judgment of the believer may suggest the impropriety of a union for life with an unbeliever, yet, in nine cases out of ten, inclination triumphs. Spiritual declension commences the moment the vow is made at the altar; religious fervor is dampened, and one stronghold after another is broken down, until both stand side by side under the black banner of Satan. Even in the festivities of the wedding the spirit of the world triumphs against conscience, faith, and truth. In the new home the hour of prayer is not respected. The bride and bridegroom have chosen each other and dismissed Jesus. [8] – {AH 65.1}

Yeah I was thinking about that when I wrote that... It's better to marry an Adventist. Thanks for that BP!
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
Also don't look at my profile cause I definitely didn't put my birthday (year) there now
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum

I need help..... 2 months 3 weeks ago #85292

• Allison C
  • NOW ONLINE
  • To know him is life.
missmack414 wrote:
Well, by what you've said I do love him. Sadly he was in an accident a couple days ago, broke his collar bone by breaking the rules and doing the exact opposite of what they said. I still really care about him even if he went bald I still would... I'll pray about it for a while. Thanks.
Hmm.... Sounds so similar to my situation. And what TravelPastel was talking about as well. I also liked a guy. Tall, dark and handsome. I've known, and know several girls who have, or have had a crush on this particular guy. He's a very easy one to develop and crush on, and a very hard one to get over.
I struggled with liking him for who he was, not just what he looked like. I knew I had to give him to God, but I was afraid. Afraid that God would take him away. For he liked me to, you see.
Finally, after a chain of events, I broke down and gave everything to God. I gave it all, and told him to do what he wanted with the situation. It made me feel so free! But, it's still kind of confusing that God hasn't taking this guy away. Once I gave it to God, all of a sudden all the blessings that could come with this situation poured out on me.
And do you know? A while ago, this guy suffered a serious neck injury doing something rather unwise. (No one said he was perfect and I know that. Ask me if you want me to expound on it, because I'd love to share it with you!) And I realized, that if he had been paralyzed from the neck down, I would still, love I guess you could say, him.

You want to like a guy for the right reasons. I can expound on that to if you would like me to.
Was this helpful?
To know Him is life.
To see him is Faith.
To feel Him is mercy.
To touch him is grace.

To be near him is love.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ruthie

I need help..... 2 months 3 weeks ago #85295

• missmack414
Can you tell me more? It really helps to know what other girls have been through.
♥♥♥MICHAELA♥♥♥
The following user(s) said Thank You: TravelPastel

I need help..... 2 months 3 weeks ago #85300

• TravelPastel
missmack414 wrote:
Can you tell me more? It really helps to know what other girls have been through.
Of course missmack! It's great relating to someone.
Just like Allison said, I also gave it all to God. I asked for him to take hold of the situation, and I ask him every night. And I'm significantly let go by now. I'm not 100% over, but I'm close. And it's been so liberating. No more dragging through chambers of emotion and torture every night.

Have you done that yet? Given the situation to God?
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<

I need help..... 2 months 2 weeks ago #85480

• Allison C
  • NOW ONLINE
  • To know him is life.
Well... is there any specific things you'd like to know missmack?
To know Him is life.
To see him is Faith.
To feel Him is mercy.
To touch him is grace.

To be near him is love.

I need help..... 2 months 1 week ago #85579

• missmack414
I know that he's a jerk and he probably doesn't care now. But, 2 years ago before he knew all of those bad influences I think he actually cared about me for me and not my body. But then, he started changing. Lying more, being disrespectful to his parents, trying to go with 20yrlds on car trips for a weekend (20yrld who broke his spleen trying to jump over a car). I just want to know how I'm supposed to realize he's not the same. Could you girls tell me more about how you got over it?
♥♥♥MICHAELA♥♥♥

I need help..... 2 months 1 week ago #85638

Where does this guy live, I'll beat him up! Just kidding :P. But seriously, this guy needs to be chastised for irresponsibility. It's only natural for boys to act like this sometimes, but that doesn't give him license to act so immaturely all the time. He needs to be rebuked.

I need help..... 2 months 1 week ago #85653

• Allison C
  • NOW ONLINE
  • To know him is life.
missmack414 wrote:
I know that he's a jerk and he probably doesn't care now. But, 2 years ago before he knew all of those bad influences I think he actually cared about me for me and not my body. But then, he started changing. Lying more, being disrespectful to his parents, trying to go with 20yrlds on car trips for a weekend (20yrld who broke his spleen trying to jump over a car). I just want to know how I'm supposed to realize he's not the same. Could you girls tell me more about how you got over it?

Got over him, you mean?
To know Him is life.
To see him is Faith.
To feel Him is mercy.
To touch him is grace.

To be near him is love.

I need help..... 2 months 1 week ago #85689

• Ruthie
  • Books are awesome! So are cats!
  • Thank you received: 36
Dear Allison,
Uhh, how do I say this.
Your advice is very helpful to me, even though I don't have guy problems.
And I wanted you to know that your advice is appreciated.

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirt will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and will give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

I need help..... 2 months 4 days ago #85848

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 545
bush possum wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
I... Can relate to you.

Just... Hang in there.

But... my mom was not Adventist before she met my dad, and that still worked out
All rules have exceptions, including this one.

I need help..... 2 months 1 day ago #86038

• Allison C
  • NOW ONLINE
  • To know him is life.
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
bush possum wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
I... Can relate to you.

Just... Hang in there.

But... my mom was not Adventist before she met my dad, and that still worked out

Uh huh. But 9 times out of 10 it won't.
To know Him is life.
To see him is Faith.
To feel Him is mercy.
To touch him is grace.

To be near him is love.
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04

I need help..... 2 months 1 day ago #86039

• Allison C
  • NOW ONLINE
  • To know him is life.
Ruthie wrote:
Dear Allison,
Uhh, how do I say this.
Your advice is very helpful to me, even though I don't have guy problems.
And I wanted you to know that your advice is appreciated.

Aww! Ruthie Praise God! I'm so glad that that was helpful to you! Praise praise praise God!!! :) That made me very happy to know He's using me!
To know Him is life.
To see him is Faith.
To feel Him is mercy.
To touch him is grace.

To be near him is love.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ruthie

I need help..... 1 month 4 weeks ago #86117

• SirGeneralCliche
Allison C wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
bush possum wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
I... Can relate to you.

Just... Hang in there.

Unless the Adventist is the more assertive of the two or the spouse is willing to comply

I need help..... 1 month 3 weeks ago #86214

• Allison C
  • NOW ONLINE
  • To know him is life.
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Allison C wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
bush possum wrote:
TravelPastel wrote:
I... Can relate to you.

Just... Hang in there.

Unless the Adventist is the more assertive of the two or the spouse is willing to comply

Exactly. Still. It's not very wise to get involved. The chances are you'll be pulled in, and get drawn away from God. I'e be careful.
To know Him is life.
To see him is Faith.
To feel Him is mercy.
To touch him is grace.

To be near him is love.
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04

I need help..... 1 month 3 weeks ago #86215

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3061
My mom always says it like this: Don't enter into an unequally yoked marriage with the intent of "fixing" your spouse. Don't make them a "project", 'cause apparently it doesn't end well
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, Allison C, horsegirl04

I need help..... 1 month 3 weeks ago #86223

• Allison C
  • NOW ONLINE
  • To know him is life.
There you go. Thanks Quirky. That's exactly what I'm getting at.
To know Him is life.
To see him is Faith.
To feel Him is mercy.
To touch him is grace.

To be near him is love.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

I need help..... 1 month 3 weeks ago #86242

• horsegirl04
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 398
Quirky wrote:
My mom always says it like this: Don't enter into an unequally yoked marriage with the intent of "fixing" your spouse. Don't make them a "project", 'cause apparently it doesn't end well
lol, that's what my mom says too :P

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
Happy Birthday Sunny!

I need help..... 1 month 3 weeks ago #86351

• SirGeneralCliche
Quirky wrote:
I am very familiar with that concept, and I understand it fully, but that’s not what I’m getting at. My point is, you can influence others for good just as easily as they can influence you for evil (even outside of relationships). I’m not saying that you should try to “fix” your partner, I’m saying that if you have adequate spiritual maturity then you could be a good influence on them, and you would be able to end the relationship if need be.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds