Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Fellow Men, Help.

Fellow Men, Help. 2 months 4 weeks ago #85146

Hey guys! I've a female friend, a Japanese friend (let's call her Hanako) that I talk to through Skype and email. I feel like though I'm scaring her. I'm not interested in a romantic relationship with her, I just want to be friends, but she may think I'm hitting on her. What should I do?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fellow Men, Help. 2 months 4 weeks ago #85173

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 545
Read and reread the messages you send her to make sure that they can't be taken that way
All rules have exceptions, including this one.

Fellow Men, Help. 2 months 4 weeks ago #85175

My best advice would be to subtly or openly make it clear that you're not interested in a romantic relationship, though subtlety would probably be better. By subtle i mean like just mention it or make it noticeable, enough so that she notices and doesn't think that way. However I have zero experience with this kind of situation, so my advice might not be the best.
You just wasted your time reading this meaningless signature...

Fellow Men, Help. 2 months 4 weeks ago #85187

• nadcombo
  • Thank you received: 48
I would give you advice, but as a fellow guy with dire problems when speaking to the opposite gender, I cant.... but one thing I would say, if you talk about other girls, or ask her if she found a guy, as I see it, that would tell them that they aren't that interested. But I would get a second opinion on this before trying, just to be safe :silly:
COUNTRY'S GOOD OK!!! IF YA DONT BELIVE ME?! listen to three wooden crosses, and what ifs, and drunk on you, and forever country. THATS MY opinion...

results may very......

Fellow Men, Help. 2 months 4 weeks ago #85195

• horsegirl04
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 402
It would be best to just tell her

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
Happy Birthday Sunny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: im a beekeeper

Fellow Men, Help. 2 months 3 weeks ago #85353

well, the simple option is to announce that you have a girlfriend now wherever you live. the other option is to just tell her you arent interested in her that way
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds