Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Best age to start dating!

Best age to start dating! 1 year 7 months ago #57635

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 348
I think once you are 15 you can group date, but I would wait until you are 17 or 18 until you start exclusively dating because dating is when you are looking for a life partner. Do you think you will find true love when you are 13? I doubt it. When you are 17 you basically have your own independence, you can drive anywhere and your parents are not always by your side. It's just more convenient and easier once you are older.
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Best age to start dating! 1 year 7 months ago #58099

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, Skite, it is me

Best age to start dating! 1 year 6 months ago #58198

• it is me
  • I love books, Physics, and chocolate
  • Thank you received: 44
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
God and sciences are like a bicycle wheel. Like the spokes, all sciences lead to God's amazing power and love, which, like the circular rim, has no beginning and no end.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Best age to start dating! 1 year 6 months ago #58367

7, tops

Best age to start dating! 1 year 6 months ago #58642

• Nate1246
  • ~LF~ ¤KING¤
  • Thank you received: 43
maplesyruphotel9 wrote:
DATING IS SO DUMB AND IM STAYIN SINGLE TIL I DIE SO #STAYSINGLEYALL
yeah right .....
Lols
Rrrrrrroarrrrrr!!!!!

Best age to start dating! 1 year 5 months ago #58880

• Roll Tide Man
  • Romans 6:23
  • Thank you received: 230
I’d say when you can talk is a good time to start.
Every time you run into a spider web, pretend its a finish line. It's kinda hard to be terrified when you're too busy being a champion.

Best age to start dating! 1 year 3 months ago #60441

• emmykitty
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Don't be lasagna.
  • Thank you received: 311
Quirky wrote:
Nyx wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Nyx wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Lloyd101 wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Going4God wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
You have no business dating until you can drive.

That makes no sense.

it made perfect sense. what's the use in dating someone if you're still having your parents drive you to Chuck E. Cheese's? makes much more sense to start when you have a car so you can personally pick up your partner.

Chuck E Cheese? Really? If your parents have to drive you to your date, that's embarrassing. If you're going to Chuck E Cheese...that's....that's just wrong...in so many ways :blink:

I think dating is unnecessary.

Lol so true about Chuck E Cheese! But why do you think dating is unnecessary? It's a step of getting to know someone who could be your future spouse. I wouldn't wanna skip it...

Because can't you get to know your future even in a friend relationship? Why does the label "girlfriend" or "boyfriend" have to be stuck on them in order to get to know them as a future spouse? That's my personal opinion.

Ohhh... I see what your saying. But I still think dating is good.

Yall made this "Quoteable Quotes" part 3 :blink:

Lol :lol: whoops

@ Mp, I think its okay of you still think dating is good. I honestly couldn't have serious dating relationship just because its so...awkward for me. I'd rather be friends with a guy for a while without being pressured to be attached at the hip all the time just because I'm his "girl friend". Idk, that's just me and my quirky self :silly:

May I chime in for a bit?

Quirky, being in a relationship is not just about being pressured to being attached at the hip, or rather doing anything for him because of what you two are. From personal experience, I do agree whole-heartedly about having a close platonic friendship with a boy before dating him, you both will find common interests and be comfortable around each other. And when you both DO start dating, nothing really changes at all. You both can connect with each other emotionally, mentally, and intimately without having to feel pressured, because you trust and love him, and if he is the one, he will reciprocate those feelings also. You both will have your ups and downs being in a relationship, but soon enough, if you both are destined by God, you both will overcome anything.

Having a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship is just like being best friends with someone, except you both can express feelings and gestures of intimacy with each other.

Thanks for that. I do agree that a dating relationship should be an extension of a friendship (and if I sound like I'm talking out of two sides of my mouth please let me know guys). Whenever I think of "dating" my mind goes to all of that that elementary/middle school drama foolishness that I was exposed to. If I were to "date" a guy, I'd want it to be just how you explained it. I don't want it to be "ten 'trial runs' within two weeks" kind of thing, ya know? But yeah, thanks for saying that :)

Aha, thank you for your concern. I apologize for not being online and posting, as I was on a short hiatus. But I am back now and I have you all to thank for that. And yes, I fully agree about taking things slow with a guy, as that will enable you to think twice before taking things to another level with your significant other.

But most importantly, above everything else, make sure you are able to love yourself even without being in a relationship. If you are in a relationship solely because you seek validation of yourself from your partner, what will become of you if you aren't dating him anymore? A boyfriend/fiancé/husband should be an addition or treat to your already amazing life, not your whole life itself.

Sorry if it sounded like I am nagging, but I really think this should just be put out there for people who need this. :3

I love what you said. TAKING THINGS S L O W.

YAAAAAY Quotable Quotes 3!!!!!! Ah... best age to start dating... when your frontal lobe is developed? IDK...

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD

Best age to start dating! 1 year 3 months ago #60553

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 545
If you want to date then do a recreational group activity. Group date, have friends tag along. Then you can get to know the object of your affection better.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, bush possum, honeyflower

Best age to start dating! 1 year 3 months ago #60578

@emmykitty, your prefrontal cortex (the part of the brain used for decision making) isnt fully devoloped until into your 30s or 40s according to researchers
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary

Best age to start dating! 1 year 3 months ago #60622

• iluvmath11
  • Thank you received: 25
i would want to wait until i am an adult. Like right after i finish school, so around 28 or 29
GO WILD WILD WILD KRATSS!!! CHEETAH SPEED aND LIZARD GLIDE! FALCON FLIGHT AND LION PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!

Best age to start dating! 1 year 3 months ago #60629

• Chickadee
  • I love dogs!!
  • Thank you received: 211
When you are in high school you should concentrate on your studies and not date. I think when you are in college and at an age where you can marry you can start dating, after all, isn't that the purpose of dating?

Best age to start dating! 1 year 3 months ago #61044

• maplesyruphotel9
  • ~Star wars Is What I Live For~
  • Thank you received: 135
maplesyruphotel9 wrote:
OH goodness i have no idea why i wrote this lol :silly: '
But I would kinda want to date i guess lol But not get married
Miraculous Ladybug is My Life Goals <3

BIGGEST Star Wars Fan you Will Ever Meet!

SnapChat- maplesyruphotel (will show up as Paige)
Instagram- paige_olivvia09
Youtube: SushiCat (My friend and I's channel)

Best age to start dating! 1 year 2 months ago #61186

• Blue Tornado
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm an otaku.
  • Thank you received: 828
maplesyruphotel9 wrote:
maplesyruphotel9 wrote:

imagine the pain the significant other will feel when you date him and you're like "nah I don't wanna get married"

"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: rip
Roblox: BlueTorn
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, honeyflower

Best age to start dating! 1 year 2 months ago #61454

• emmykitty
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Don't be lasagna.
notturningaside wrote:
@emmykitty, your prefrontal cortex (the part of the brain used for decision making) isnt fully devoloped until into your 30s or 40s according to researchers
it was a bad guess :S oh well.
I would think that you should start dating to find the person that you will get married to in, say, college. I have heard multiple times to never date in high school, and I will, for the most part (I think), take their advice... maybe... I actually have no idea what I will do.

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD

Best age to start dating! 1 year 2 months ago #61556

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 545
If you can't drive anywhere, you shouldn't have to worry about things going wrong unless you're home alone. If you're too young, where are you gonna go? Go to Chuck E. Cheese? Sit at the same lunch table and share juice boxes?
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: honeyflower

Best age to start dating! 4 months 3 weeks ago #82462

• Etuc3
  • Jesus is my best freind
  • Thank you received: 31
Skite wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:

hahahahahaha

For most that would be when they are 15 or 16. I'm about 14 and I know how to drive automatic. So I'm getting there I guess hehe. B) B) B) B)
i can drive but i am not old enough, so we could date i gest according to Skite

Best age to start dating! 4 months 1 week ago #82854

Etuc3 wrote:
Skite wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:

hahahahahaha

For most that would be when they are 15 or 16. I'm about 14 and I know how to drive automatic. So I'm getting there I guess hehe. B) B) B) B)
i can drive but i am not old enough, so we could date i gest according to Skite
well then, YAY! i can now date since i have an almost unrestricted license in about one hour after i post this :P
jk

Best age to start dating! 4 months 1 week ago #82867

• mknz12
  • Just another one of God's many beloved daughters!
  • Thank you received: 265
Blue Tornado wrote:
maplesyruphotel9 wrote:
maplesyruphotel9 wrote:

imagine the pain the significant other will feel when you date him and you're like "nah I don't wanna get married"

Mmm that could very well happen, but it could very well not. If you're dating someone in high school, chances are you're not going to get married. Just keeping it real. Also, in my opinion (I'm sure I've commented under this before but it's been so long I have no idea what I said XD) Dating someone does not "obligate" you to marry them. I feel like the picture of "Christian relationships" that conveys dating intentionally and all that is unrealistic. (This is just my opinion) dating is a way to get to know someone you are romantically interested in. Even if they're already your friend, you get to know them on a different level. What if you date him/her and find they're really not the person for you? However, I do think that dating is a big deal and shouldn't be taken lightly, aka going around "dating" each guy/girl in your class for two weeks each.

As for age, I will be allowed to date when I am 17, which seems like a good age to me.
////////////////////////////////////////

You keep me steady when the sky is falling
And I'll keep steady after You,
I'll carry on when my strength is failing
Take heart cause You're with me
So let the stars drop,
Whatever comes I'll be ready
You keep me steady

~for KING & COUNTRY, Steady

Best age to start dating! 4 months 1 week ago #82889

• emmykitty
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Don't be lasagna.
Sure, I'll hang out with guys at school (I'm in high) but I won't get too relationship-ey until maybe my junior year and actually get serious maybe halfway through college but I'd want to finish my masters before I get married. Of course, my ideas will probably change after some time, but this is my plan for now :)

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD

Best age to start dating! 4 months 1 week ago #82909

• SRNitro
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Thank you received: 463
The best age to start dating is no age. You can't base it off of age you base it off of maturity. But the maturity level should probably be around 17 to 18. But I may be biased at 16 years old so... Also I like how some people are saying "focus on your studies?" What you mean to focus on work? You do know high school is really easy right and "your studies" are nothing compared to the work you have to do when you get older and you are supposedly supposed to be finding a wife or husband. High school isn't hard at all compared to real work and college.
I am not Adventist. I mostly stay here because it is the only forum on the internet where I know other people and people know me. It’s kind of like a community and it feels better that way and although I could rather talk to people with the same humor as I have, I have a connection with you ppl

Best age to start dating! 4 months 1 week ago #82991

SRNitro wrote:
The best age to start dating is no age. You can't base it off of age you base it off of maturity. But the maturity level should probably be around 17 to 18. But I may be biased at 16 years old so... Also I like how some people are saying "focus on your studies?" What you mean to focus on work? You do know high school is really easy right and "your studies" are nothing compared to the work you have to do when you get older and you are supposedly supposed to be finding a wife or husband. High school isn't hard at all compared to real work and college.
i actually gotta pretty much agree with you there

Best age to start dating! 4 months 1 week ago #83003

• LEMONwizard
  • I trust God. Do you?
  • Thank you received: 115
My teacher is 30-something years old and still hasn't found "the one".
TRUST GOD with EVERYTHING because GOD HOLDS EVERYTHING and HE WON'T LET GO

#StvernoIsAFemale #IAmAFemaleToo #FemaleHashtagMovement
When Emmy01 can't, I will fight for the pencil.
INFP, -A/-T (mediator) according to 16personalities.com

Best age to start dating! 4 months 1 week ago #83019

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1974
LEMONwizard wrote:
My teacher is 30-something years old and still hasn't found "the one".
That's normal
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys

Best age to start dating! 4 months 3 days ago #83275

• maplesyruphotel9
  • ~Star wars Is What I Live For~
  • Thank you received: 135
Blue Tornado wrote:
maplesyruphotel9 wrote:
maplesyruphotel9 wrote:

haha I can't believe I wrote either of those posts :silly:
I was crazy lol
Miraculous Ladybug is My Life Goals <3

BIGGEST Star Wars Fan you Will Ever Meet!

SnapChat- maplesyruphotel (will show up as Paige)
Instagram- paige_olivvia09
Youtube: SushiCat (My friend and I's channel)

Best age to start dating! 4 months 2 days ago #83314

• TravelPastel
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Thank you received: 603
"better wait till you an a"
too lazy to have a fancy signature rip
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
Also don't look at my profile cause I definitely didn't put my birthday (year) there now
Time to create page: 0.373 seconds