Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 7 months ago #22478

• onfire
  • Thank you received: 2
The only way to bring people to Christ is Christ's way....I think God can bring salvation to the WHOLE WORLD without the use of rap. When lines are blurry it's best to step back instead of taking the very easy chance of stepping over.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaughterOfGod13, JamaicanNinja7

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 7 months ago #22980

Your so right in the bible call us to be peculiar and being recently pulled from the worldly culture to the real way of life ...as i look at the Adventist church today it just keeps mimicking the outside world music and such...we have to also remember lucifer was the chief of music in heaven and knows how to deceive people in fact in the second chapter of the Great Controversy Ellen G White states just how satan injected himself to the church God's disciples started ...this should be an example to all of us to be capful and be not of the world...and of rap being the number one invasion i think their all equal lol

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 6 months ago #23542

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 330
I do not think that God created rap the CoolNerd. He created the rappers but I do not think he mentioned for us as Christians to listen to that kind of music.
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old
The following user(s) said Thank You: JamaicanNinja7

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 1 month ago #31370

• tlover3000
  • Wahoo!
  • Thank you received: 17
Bethany4God wrote:
ok, i read the convo. so i'm gonna kinda join in...

@ rosbesox4j, please keep an open mind on all the fellow guide member's opinions. It would be gladly appreciated by everyone, i think...

my opinion is that maybe we shouldn't listen to it. it tends to get people focused on the beat, not the words. if you listened to a song right now, would you start bopping your head or tapping your foot or swaying to the rap? some may, some may not. my point is, no one sits down and says "what's this trying to teach me?" while listening to rap. it goes so fast, by the time you figured out the words, the song has been long past over.

i think you guys should watch "the distraction dilemma" by christian berdahl. Please watch it! it has a lot of series, but you and your families WILL GUARRANTEED learn from it.
that's not true. I listen to lyrics. And my pastor put on the distraction dilemma. End result: lots of missing young people
The Tlover Has Spoken, And What He Says .... Goes....

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 3 years 11 months ago #33200

• Hyperactive247
  • Psalms 34:7
  • Thank you received: 140
Hmm….

Satan was the master musician when he was up in heaven. He knows music. He could use whatever he wants to lead people away from the church. Whether it is your TV, the music you listen to, the people you idolize, or maybe even a simple piece of furniture in your house! Come on everyone! I see many of you arguing on whether rap "music" is good or bad! It is like a sister trying to force a friend that hates mushrooms to eat them! It's not going to work that way.

1. Rap isn't really music. When you rap, you are telling a poem, and wording each of them at a rhythmic tone. Music has a tune.

2. Also, you have to look at the origin. How did rap music start anyway? Where did it come from? That's what I'd like to know.

3. Find more about who is singing. What do the rappers do in their daily lives? What do they say about Jesus?

Now, I am the kind of person that LOVES music. At many times, I could tell if God is happy or not. I don't mind different cultures and how they praise him. I love variety. I just don't like the way some people view God in their songs. Some view him just as the ticket to heaven. Some view him as a side dish to go along with the day. Some don't believe all the same things I do.

Personally, Rap music make me feel a bit woozy inside. It also makes me uncomfortable. I used to like Tobymac, but when I started to actually elaborate with my relationship with God, I didn't care for it anymore. And when I tried to listen to it again, I didn't like it… much. For some reason a relationship with God helps you to discern between what is good and what is bad.

I'm not saying rap is bad or that it is of satan (which I currently don't agree with that term), I'm telling you my beliefs and experiences.

God bless!
Let's eat some cookies together! *nibbles on spare cookie*
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skite

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 3 years 11 months ago #33460

Jesus spoke in parables so that the simple would understand. Rap initially was all positive. Rock initially was not heavy metal. Holy Hip Hop and Christian Rap are not the same. Personally, we are Urban Testimonial artists and yes we do believe there is devil worshiping in hip hop. This generation is being lost to tradition and prosperity preaching. All of entertainment is being used as a tool to enslave the hearts, minds and souls of God's people. From Lil Wayne to Rhianna, from the commercials to the news; kids may sing hymms in church; teenagers might sing Gospel favorites in church, but next time your child has earphones on, pull them off and take a listen. Guarantee it's not neither. We have to go in the genres that our children listen to and give them a choice. As long as the lyrics is spirit full in praising God it's all good. And to the person speaking about vain repetition, I guess you never heard somebody practicing how to speak in tongue. (lol) I rather this generation hear about God in a rap than to get nothing from your hymms. Wake up!!! For different fish, you must use the appropriate bait when you're fishing for God.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roll Tide Man, endershadow112

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 3 years 10 months ago #34069

• Bribree
  • Thank you received: 158
this topic reminds me of the Disney Original movie, Let It Shine :P

I don't think christian rap is bad....
;) GOD ♡ U ...... I ♡ U
;)~Bribree~ ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prov17

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 3 years 9 months ago #34697

• FarmerCodak
  • I play softball, ride a unicycle, and love God!
  • Thank you received: 134
Howdy! I have a question to ask you guys. Do you REALLY think about God when listening to it. I can't understand what the rappers are even saying, all I hear is the beat! So, where is God in the song if you cant even here yourself(or the singer) saying the words and really focus on what it really means. That is my opinion. I hope I made myself clear and hope you guys have a happy Sabbath!

Cody :cheer: :) B) ;)

p.s. Check out Pastor Ivor Meyers about rap, pop, rock, etc. you'll find out more information about music. He is a Seventh-Day Adventist Pastor and was a former pop or rap singer.
Remember to live like Jesus! Happy Sabbath!
"Take your candle, and go light your world!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Going4God

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 3 years 9 months ago #35298

• nattygirl
  • Thank you received: 2
Do any of you really know what rap music does to you? It ruins your brain! It is very bad to listen to. That kind of music entering our church is definitely from the devil.
4Him
nattygirl:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skite

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 3 years 1 month ago #40924

Christian Rap is a ministry to people who listen to worldly rap. Stop motion, for example is a worldly thing, (such as Tim Burton) but on this website we use it to praise God? Is stop motion an invasion of the church? But, I understand if you are more conservative than liberal, but God loves both whether you like hymns, gospel, Christian Rap, or Christian Contemporary, I listen to all of them.

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 2 years 11 months ago #41591

• sunnyside1
  • Saved to Serve
  • Thank you received: 385
TheCoolNerd wrote:
to be honest the reason why most churches are worldly isn't really because of christian rap that would be like saying kindergarten is dumb because of the way they teach the alphabet i mean when does it matter how we glorify God. theres christian pop but no one seems to be attacking that. Personally i think your putting all rap into one box. Thats almost the same as saying all asians like noodles. i see the christian rap as a new way of getting the message out to teen believers and non believers. and i think it should be praised not prosecuted

I don't agree with Christian pop, or rock, or rap, or jazz or anything like that. My personal boundry
Sometimes we worry,
Sometimes we fret.
Sometimes we feel like
We can't move a step.

But God is still with us.
Keep Him in mind.
Trust in Him alway.
He is ever so kind.

The following user(s) said Thank You: honeyflower

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 2 years 11 months ago #41881

• Prov17
  • Live holy as God is holy
  • Thank you received: 296
Any music is good if it gives glory to God. Case closed.
Are the things you're living for worth Christ dying for? -Leonard Ravenhill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skite, 116Click

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 2 years 10 months ago #42131

So in a previous reply I stated my view on rap, and I have noticed a lot of this be like the world stuff. You guys have a valid point, but let's look at the history of rap. Rap descended from Negro Spirituals and chants. The the world decided to try do be like us and failed miserably and made rap bad.
Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big al, Going4God

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 2 years 10 months ago #42211

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1208
I haven't posted on this thread in a while, mainly because the arguments against Christian Rap became repetitive and circular. I only have this to say:

If we say that God cannot use the medium of Christian Rap to add to His fold, then we have made Him small.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: stone, tlover3000, Skite, Prov17, 116Click

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 2 years 10 months ago #42260

• karah
  • "Prayer is a relationship"- Liz Gilbert
  • Thank you received: 12
OK. Quite honestly, we are all right, but also, there is good rap and bad rap. I think that we are putting all rap into one category. A christian rapper said, " i aint loved you first but, you first loved me, in my heart i cursed you but you set me free... i aint offer you nothing, but your care and kindness keep coming, and your love is so unconditional i get butterflies in my stomach" you can literally take that passage and turn it into a sermon, but not everybody is going to listen to that sermon. but a lot of people listen to rap so this is a way to minister to them. we are supposed to go into all the world and preach the good news to all generations, but how will we do that if the world is evolving and we remain unchanged? :dry:
Read books. Eat food. Listen to good music. Watch TV. Play an instrument. Cook. Sing. Write. Speak. Smile. Dance. Act. Draw. Build. Praise.
BE YOU!!

(and don't forget to thank God that you are, well...you)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prov17, 116Click

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 2 years 10 months ago #42298

• Big al
  • I just Love being Me and Hearts
  • Thank you received: 225
Jazz and Blues also Started From Negro Chants and Spirituals and I don''t see us banning them from the church
Too many years trying not to rock the boat
I gotta quote, "I don't wanna rock the boat, I wanna sink it"
Ima just do it

KB. Ima Just Do It
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roll Tide Man, Prov17

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 2 years 10 months ago #42380

• Skite
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Thank you received: 604
The Cool Nerd said: God invented rap so christian rap really isn't worldly it just sounds worldly would you consider christian pop or rock worldly if its for god how is it worldly

He did?

Can you please prove it.
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 2 years 10 months ago #42475

• Prov17
For those who keep saying that satan can use music, where does that leave God? Have you noticed that satan could even use your body for him? Your tongue and your hands. Be sure to read my earlier comment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roll Tide Man, 116Click

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 2 years 10 months ago #42541

• honeyflower
  • #imasoutherengirlbutliveincali​
  • Thank you received: 174
Uhhhhh I agree check out Pastor Myers music vids... I'm best friends with his daughters, and I can assure you his stuff is good.... IJS.... ☺️
#HONORARYEMMY :lol:

Hi, nice to meet you! I'm me, but you knew that already. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: FarmerCodak

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 2 years 9 months ago #42713

• 116Click
  • Future Law Enforcement Officer
  • Thank you received: 4
InspiredThinker wrote:
well, personally, i'm not a rap person, but christian rap should be accepted. it is better to bring people to God using a beat than to lose them forever. Also, FootPrints14, I looked up what you said about vain repetition. the verse is Matthew 6:7, which says:

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. (KJV)

but the point of christian rap is not to be heard, it's to attract people to Christianity and give them a way they can sort of, well, identify with God. it shows them that there are different ways to worship. it shows that worship isn't just restricted to hymns and tired praise songs. ther is nothing wrong with christian rap, because as tim33 said, it's how we use something that identifies it.

OK, first it seems like you are taking this out of context. The context would be about prayer. You can't use this verse to make the claim that rap is bad. Now I don't think any rap is Christian but there are Christian rappers. The point of Christian rap is to bring people to God. People in the hood are not going to be attracted by hymns. Even I don't really like them but I see Church as a place for them. We can't say things are evil when scripture says nothing of the sort. Just a thought.
Future Law Enforcement Officer

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 2 years 9 months ago #42800

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1208
116Click wrote:
InspiredThinker wrote:
well, personally, i'm not a rap person, but christian rap should be accepted. it is better to bring people to God using a beat than to lose them forever. Also, FootPrints14, I looked up what you said about vain repetition. the verse is Matthew 6:7, which says:

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. (KJV)

but the point of christian rap is not to be heard, it's to attract people to Christianity and give them a way they can sort of, well, identify with God. it shows them that there are different ways to worship. it shows that worship isn't just restricted to hymns and tired praise songs. ther is nothing wrong with christian rap, because as tim33 said, it's how we use something that identifies it.

OK, first it seems like you are taking this out of context. The context would be about prayer. You can't use this verse to make the claim that rap is bad. Now I don't think any rap is Christian but there are Christian rappers. The point of Christian rap is to bring people to God. People in the hood are not going to be attracted by hymns. Even I don't really like them but I see Church as a place for them. We can't say things are evil when scripture says nothing of the sort. Just a thought.

I didn't say Christian rap is bad. Read my entire post.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 2 years 9 months ago #42953

• Birdie500
  • No one understands my love for that horse smell...
  • Thank you received: 311
my church has nothing to do with Christian rap. I guess it's not that bad. Rapping is just a style of singing I guess. But you shouldn't go overboard with it
To ride on a horse is to fly without wings. XD
In my life, be lifted high
In our world, be lifted high
In our love, be lifted high
Random lyrics in my signature cause I'm weird XD
----Channy----

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 2 years 8 months ago #43556

I have thought about this a little more, and I have come to the conclusions that rap, though not by definition evil, can be evil.
God can use music to reach people, but so can satan. (Still don't think he needs a capital letter) The devil has even used hymn type music (talking about speed and sound here, not calling the hymnal evil) to reach people, but that doesn't stop us from using that music. The devil uses books, but we don't stop reading books. My take is that you have to be careful what you listen to. So while I listen to what is dubbed as Christian rap, I do not listen to or promote stuff like Lil' Wayne.
Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prov17

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 2 years 7 months ago #44434

• Roll Tide Man
  • Romans 6:23
  • Thank you received: 229
I can name like 50,000,000 things that are bigger threats to the church than rap....
Every time you run into a spider web, pretend its a finish line. It's kinda hard to be terrified when you're too busy being a champion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big al

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 2 years 5 months ago #45923

• Prov17
Roll Tide Man wrote:
I can name like 50,000,000 things that are bigger threats to the church than rap....
One is apathy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 116Click
Moderators: melaniebockmann
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds