Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 10 months ago #20963

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1227
that was a great post, Melanie. I just thought of something else we do that comes from Catholicism. in church, after you've been baptized, you get called "brother" or "sister". that's how catholics refer to their monks, priests, and nuns.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 10 months ago #20984

• booklover64
  • Happy am I, Jesus is mine forever, never to leave~
  • Thank you received: 14
Personally I think that it depends on the rapper, if they are truly trying to praise Jesus, or not. I personally do not listen to Christian rap, because a while ago I was quite caught up in the secular rap, and when I heard the Christian rap, I don't know, but it felt like I wasn't listening to something Jesus wanted me to listen to. Maybe its the lack of enthusiasm in their voices, or maybe it just reminds me of that time I was caught up in Nicki Minaj, etc.
I do not want to make anyone upset about this post, and I don't judge anyone who listens to it, I mean, if it gives them a blessing, I am ALL for it for them! Also, for the people who say no one is picking on Christian pop, rock, etc. I don't listen to Christian rock either, because of the same reason, it doesn't make me feel close to Jesus. Pop however, it's not screaming or droning on in the same tone, it has feeling, and I am not saying ALL pop is good, but some makes me feel close to Jesus. Idk, but this is my opinion.
Happy Sabbath!

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 10 months ago #21008

• noble240
  • Thank you received: 23
i respectfully disagree. God didn't invent rap. but people could be brought to God by it.
God Bless!
Noble Obodum
Founder & President, AdventistsConnect
www.adventistsconnect.tk
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 10 months ago #21009

• noble240
  • Thank you received: 23
exactly trio 3, exactly
God Bless!
Noble Obodum
Founder & President, AdventistsConnect
www.adventistsconnect.tk
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 10 months ago #21044

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
most of everyone's arguments here are based on their perceptions of God, You try and make God fit into your understanding of right and wrong. Don't limit God to your views, his is, after all God, and we are just human. We make mistakes and God doesn't. Be very careful not to put God in a box, While you may not like or agree with rap, the Bible doesn't say anything really defining in the way of rap, so don't put other people down because they do or don't listen to it,Let them make their own mind up, realising that different upbringings and cultures are going to dramatically influence the way we each individually approach the subject.
God Bless
The following user(s) said Thank You: cynthia200, DaughterOfGod13, booklover64, Going4God

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 10 months ago #21052

it OK to mix culture with Christianity but if there is something in your culture that does not abide in the word of God you need to take that out.with Constantine, he had some things in his culture that DIDN'T abide with God's teaching, but didn't take out the bad parts and embraced them. one of the things in Constantin's culture (roman) was to worshiped idols and instead of taking in out he embraced it so that was bad.Us as Jamaicans it is in our culture to eat jerk pork but do we? No cause God tells us not to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FootPrints14

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 10 months ago #21066

• Hadassa
  • Thank you received: 244
@ TheJaguar, veggie meat is bad. it has soy protien in it, and too much soy protien caused a miscarrige for someone really close to me (I'm not saying who for privacy reasons, not that it matters, but still...)

if you just changed the words for christian rap, it would be secular. do you feel closer to God when you listen to christian rap? I don't think so!

the beat matters. there's a part of your brain called the prefrontal cortex, nicknamed the "God gate". when you listen to songs with that beat in them, you shut down your brain and the "God gate". now tell me, do you think that's good?

again i say watch those videos! they will really teach you something. Christian Berdahl said, and i quote "don't EVER let anyone tell you that only the words matter to a song".

and about rap being rebellious, A FAMOUS RAPPER CALLED IT REBELLIOUS!! maybe it didn't start that way, but COME ON! a guy who practically lives a life of rap is saying it's rebellious.
:D
The following user(s) said Thank You: AbigailGodgirl, FootPrints14, JamaicanNinja7

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 10 months ago #21069

• Hadassa
here's something i forgot to say: you know that song "Hold me"? it goes i love the way you hold me, right by your side i'll always be......
well, that's a song you can sing to anyone. not nessecarily to God. so, it's carnal.

carnal-

pertaining to or characterized by the flesh or the body, its passions and appetites; sensual: carnal pleasures.

not spiritual; merely human; temporal; worldly: a man of secular, rather carnal, leanings.

thank you, dictionary.com!!! and christian berdahl!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: FootPrints14, JamaicanNinja7, purple_A

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 10 months ago #21101

i feel sad for all of you. :( Hopefully, you can make new posts that don't make people angry! I am praying for you and your attitude. God bless!
"Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity."--1 Timothy 4:12
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaughterOfGod13

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 9 months ago #21200

who is this sickening :sick: Christian Berdahl? And why does he speak against everything I love? Does he think he's a prophet? just asking... :whistle:
"Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity."--1 Timothy 4:12
The following user(s) said Thank You: tlover3000, Going4God

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 9 months ago #21222

• tim33
Bethany4God, The song 'Hold Me' by Jamie Grace refers to God repeatedly throughout the song, It can't be used for people because she sings it to God and makes that clear throughout the song, 'Hold Me' isn't rap anyway.

Listening to rap may not draw you closer to God,But it does draw other people closer to God,You can't argue with other people's experience, and rap does draw some people closer to God.
God Bless
The following user(s) said Thank You: Preciousabby1116, zaynialouieliamharry, Big al

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 9 months ago #21292

no he isn't, SalvationLuv12, He just a normal person who is really informed with these things. He was once in the music industry.Glad that you listened to him. :cheer:
:) Karen :)
"Smile, it's free therapy."
Douglas Horton

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 9 months ago #21294

tim33, to tell you the truth I really thought that song was secular when I first heard it. I think I first heard it on a secular radio station,too so yea.. :dry: I say that it is really secular.
not trying to start a fight but this is what I believe.
:) Karen :)
"Smile, it's free therapy."
Douglas Horton
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by FootPrints14. Reason: needed a letter

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 9 months ago #21326

• Laughter101
  • 'ello!
  • Thank you received: 31
Guys, this is pointless. You do know that hyms used to be considered "worldly"? Soon it's going to be another genre. Music is not an invasion of the church, no matter how much you dislike it. Satan is the only invasion of the church.
And God can use whatever he wants to bring people closer to him.
I like Green Tea and Jazz. :3
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker, Going4God

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 9 months ago #21373

@bethany4god- i agree with you, but not neccesarily for the song Hold Me. i saw jamie grace in concert, and she said she didnt like people saying that she was just another one of those secular pop artists that writes love letters to her boyfriend, and (quote) "...every single one of those love letters are written to God. and the lyrics to her song include the words Lord I love the way you hold me, whoa oh. :)

Re: Valentines 4 years 9 months ago #21374

• Delightful
  • Thank you received: 120
This is what I want all you haters to do after Sabbath: Google: "Let It Shine" full movie. WATCH IT ALL!
Beat that.

Okay, what I'm saying is, there's a limit. Rap, maybe not in church, because there are too many critics there for anyone to be blessed by it or admit if they have been. But anywhere else? It's a personal choice.

And seriously? We're christians, and we're arguing over MUSIC. Does anyone else think this is very idiodic? Because I do. We should be talking about God, Heaven, and helping others, not hating others because of their choice in music or otherwise.
Please, shut up and move on.

We are in the LAST DAYS. We may as well be the last generation, or parents to. We need to focus on what's important. Music? You chose! I know, it's okay, I'm not saying the haters cant have their opinion. I'm saying we shouldn't be waisting time on being angry and giving bad reports on things.

Zero Likes, you give me? I don't really care. No thank you's? SUE ME FOR IT. But this is my opinion, it's what I think. Everyone can talk, like I said before. Opinions are great, but lets maybe be a lot less critical and more, not-saying-anything-if-we-hate-something. It's okay to disagree, but let's not make it a HUGE WAR!!!!

Does anybody out there get me?
Psalm 73:28 ♡
Christ is Enough for Me
Colossians 3:15-17✝
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker, ShowTime, Big al, jon01, Going4God

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 9 months ago #21376

• Delightful
Okay, I just read more of what you people wrte.

Do any of you have organs and pianos in church? Yeah? Okay! Do any of you have guitars for AY or whatever? Okay. Do any of you WRITE SONGS FOR CHURCH? If so, is the music sounding more like music in 1800? No?

Okay. My parents told me that in VERY distant history, PIANOS AND ORGANS WERE CONCIDERED SINFUL because the famous people of the world, such as Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin, etc used them in music.
BUUUT people like me gave them a chance. Gave everyone a chance to USE IT FOR GOOD.

Guitars? They USE GUITARS IN ROCK! I know what you'll say-- those are electric. Well, guess what? They're still guitars! Ask anyone! But we chose to use them for God. For good.

And you song writers? You write your church songs, I'm sure, in a ore modern way. Closter to Rihanna than John Chaplain or Newton or James what-what, I think. Because you want people to be like, "Hey, I like this tune AND the words! This song doesn't make me feeel like I should be attending school in a one-room school house and speaking in thou and art and ye and speaketh!" You want them to be feeling good.
I don't think these people are trying to be sinful. You don't know, I don't know, maybe God is impressing them to do that!

Don't judge please. Just keep a open mind!
Christ is Enough for Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker, Going4God

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 9 months ago #21377

• Delightful
You stared this discussion.If you don't want people to disagree, then don't write what you know they'll voice their opinions AND THEN TELL THOSE PEOPLE THEY NEED THE LORD TO HELP THEM WITH THEIR JUDGEMENT!!!

Let's not start a civil war. Let's have a rap battle!
Get it? :silly:
Christ is Enough for Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: tlover3000, Going4God

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 9 months ago #21378

• Delightful
OK
Lemme clear up. Christian kids. Rapping. Okay. IN CHURCH. NOT so much.
I think in your cars, on your iPod. Fine. Nobody else has to like it. ut maybe not church, just because it wouldn't really bless many people. I'm not a hipocrit, I'm a democrat.
I don't think we need to use hurtful words like "sinful music" and "unGodly".
But we do need to be careful. So, yeah, now you know what I think. But I thank everyone for being honest about how you feel, because that is great. It really is.
Christ is Enough for Me
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by wwilliams.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tlover3000

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 9 months ago #21496

• tim33
Footprints, it isn't up to you to determine if it is a secular song, Jamie Grace, the singer already makes it clear it is a Christian song sung to God, because she wrote the song, she gets to classify it. In the song she makes it very clear she is singing it to God.
The following user(s) said Thank You: islandqueen129

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 9 months ago #21576

• Big al
  • I just Love being Me and Hearts
  • Thank you received: 225
I totally agree How are we going to reach out to the rap and hip hop people and help them find God we got to get down to there level.
Too many years trying not to rock the boat
I gotta quote, "I don't wanna rock the boat, I wanna sink it"
Ima just do it

KB. Ima Just Do It

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 9 months ago #21636

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1227
let me just say this right now.

If you cannot form your own opinion, and use youtube videos to back up your opinion, go form your own first and then look at the videos. make your own decisions.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 9 months ago #21798

For those who don't know Christian Berdahl, He is the presenter of Distraction Dilemma and sing the most beautiful songs that actually power you and make you think about God.He is a God fearing man and his dvds have opened the eyes of many people.I know its best to get your info about stuff from the Bible and E.G.Whites writings so i will research this myself.

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 9 months ago #21948

• Hadassa
I meant the chorus alone.... And i havent listened to it for a while, so....
Btw, im getting off this topic. This is creating issues. I made my point.

So, adios!
The following user(s) said Thank You: JamaicanNinja7, purple_A

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 4 years 9 months ago #22260

• tlover3000
  • Wahoo!
  • Thank you received: 17
Rap is an interesting way of learning about God! At my SDA school we rap in class! Get a clue yawners! :pinch: :smile:
The Tlover Has Spoken, And What He Says .... Goes....
Moderators: melaniebockmann
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds