Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 2 years 5 months ago #46171

I like rap music!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 2 years 5 months ago #46482

• Violingirl1
  • I love music and sports
  • Thank you received: 90
Roll Tide Man wrote:
I can name like 50,000,000 things that are bigger threats to the church than rap....
Prov17 wrote:
One is apathy.

Problem #2 out of "50,000,000" that might be a bigger threat to the church than rap music: Arguing over the issue of rap music and other subjects of the like

Not that I'm against voicing one's opinion, but some people can go overboard. Let's say you channel all your energy into "proving" rap music is OK/not OK, then beat your "opponents" over the head for believing what they believe because it isn't what you believe. (NOT that anyone here is doing that). Then you don't have time or energy left for sharing the real news - the gospel of Jesus Christ. You were't even acting like someone who believes in the gospel of Jesus Christ either.

This issue can split churches. It's not rap music that split the church; it's the people arguing over it that did.

Something for you to think about.
~Violingirl1
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Violingirl1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FarmerCodak, Prov17, 116Click

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 2 years 3 months ago #47948

• ken10wil
  • bossome
  • Thank you received: 80
those things were sinning rap isnt
cuz liberalism is a mental disease and video games are awesome
favorite text:
12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Matthew 5:12

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 1 year 3 months ago #59441

It doesn't matter what type of music it is, if it glorifies God, it is ok. Nowhere in the bible does God speak against music, and there are worse problems. Personally I think christian rap can help people who like rap find jesus, as they would probably never listen to a hymn.
I'm antisocial (sigh)

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 8 months 2 weeks ago #67033

• N7BJW
  • I am a web programmer and a ham radio operator.
  • Thank you received: 33
...They aren't Christian rappers if they don't rap about the gospel LOL. If they don't talk about Jesus in their rap, then they're just a rapper who happens to be a christian. You should listen to NF sometime. His lyrics are so christ focused it's amazing :D

Hope this helps :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137
Moderators: melaniebockmann
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds