Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH

Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 years 2 months ago #7697

i think that christian rap is the number one invasion of the church.personally i like rap but the church now is becoming so worldly.how are people going to see any difference in us.People are looking for the truth.Jesus calls us to be different and to be not of the world.christian rap is making people think that we are part of them :huh:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FarmerCodak, cynthia200, ladybug101, noble240, AragornKZ99, $ummertime$adne$$, 13and lovingit, FootPrints14, Godsadvicegiver12, Randomboy and this user have 11 others thankyou

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 years 2 months ago #7721

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
Different churches are more worldly than others
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: $ummertime$adne$$, Lloyd101

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 years 2 months ago #7739

• TheCoolNerd
  • princess
  • Thank you received: 142
god invented rap so christian rap really isn't worldly it just sounds worldly would you consider christian pop or rock worldly if its for god how is it worldly
\/ )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenipop, godsgreat, Delightful

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 years 2 months ago #7780

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 781
I disagree, does Christian TV make people think that we are a part of them- how should rap be any different. We should use Christian Rap to reach out to people and show them there is a better alternative to worldly rapping.

How is rapping as a type of music bad? isn't it how we use it that defines whether it is good or bad?

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 years 2 months ago #7794

I've seen this type of arguement brought up many times. "That X-type of music is invading the church" "This is inappropiate music for God" etc...

Before I proceed with what I think, you need to revise that statement that rap's the number one invasion of the church. How is it exactly? Have you seen people rap in church or something like that? Can you please clear it up a bit?
Yo soy de El Salvador, mais je peux parler francais, but only because I learned in School.

Trilingual FTW!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Going4God

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 years 2 months ago #7951

• trio3
  • I'm...a baby? o_O
  • Thank you received: 576
In heaven the devil used sophistry, deceit, and lies to get the angels on his side. God couldn't use the same thing as Satan or else he would be just as bad sooo...it's the same for us. We can't use the same things the devil uses to bring others to Christ.
Life will always end in closure; unless, of course, it doesn't.

-Unknown

Real Eyes
Realize
Real Lies
The following user(s) said Thank You: Preciousabby1116, FarmerCodak, noble240, 13and lovingit, FootPrints14, JamaicanNinja7, Quirky, purple_A, sunnyside1, Going4God and this user have 1 others thankyou

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 years 2 months ago #8064

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 781
Trio3, what I think that rap is something that God probably doesn't mind- Satan is the copycat- he makes the bad rap.

It is the same with the Sabbath(God)- Sunday(Satan),

Marriage(God)- Gay Marriage (Satan)

God bless
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheCoolNerd, CoolDude, Going4God

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 years 2 months ago #8098

• trio3
  • I'm...a baby? o_O
  • Thank you received: 576
hmmm...
Life will always end in closure; unless, of course, it doesn't.

-Unknown

Real Eyes
Realize
Real Lies
The following user(s) said Thank You: FootPrints14

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 years 2 months ago #8794

• happygirl11234
  • just me, nothing else
  • Thank you received: 168
hmmm....if it was in the name of God, is it ok for someone to express themselves through rap? I mean, rap, like songwriting and painting and music making and drawing and dancing is a form of self expression. :huh:
Live life~Laugh often~Love food~Play music~Work hardest
Give me a reason to laugh, and I will. But you don't need to give me a reason to share God's word.
:D
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheCoolNerd, Preciousabby1116, Delightful, Going4God

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 years 1 month ago #9064

• ShowTime
  • Thank you received: 34
I don't see how there's actually a discussion among people as intelligent as all of you as to if rap, which is just another form of expression, is bad without taking in to consideration any one song. You can't generalize it. Its like food, lets take for instance Ethiopian food. I like Ethiopian food but I as an Adventist don't eat Ethiopian food dishes with shrimp in it. Now what you guys are doing here is saying that just because of the shrimp in there I shouldn't eat Ethiopian food. Now that's just completely irrational we all know that, right? Because that would be taking that whole situation out of context. And that's what most of you are doing.

Much Love,
ShowTime.
"May your neighbors respect you
Trouble neglect you
Angels protect you
And Heaven accept you." - Drake.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheCoolNerd, LoveLifeandLive, happygirl11234, Delightful, Going4God

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 years 1 month ago #9269

• TheCoolNerd
  • princess
  • Thank you received: 142
to be honest the reason why most churches are worldly isn't really because of christian rap that would be like saying kindergarten is dumb because of the way they teach the alphabet i mean when does it matter how we glorify God. theres christian pop but no one seems to be attacking that. Personally i think your putting all rap into one box. Thats almost the same as saying all asians like noodles. i see the christian rap as a new way of getting the message out to teen believers and non believers. and i think it should be praised not prosecuted
\/ )
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker, Delightful, tlover3000, Going4God

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 years 1 month ago #9281

since we are all different we are all going to worship god in a differnt way.so for some people christian rap music may be their way to connect with god.but i think the important thing to remember here is that if you want to praise god through chritian rap music that it is better then not praising him at all. :side:
<3
The following user(s) said Thank You: happygirl11234, Going4God

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 years 1 month ago #9365

ninja i think we go to the same church

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 years 1 month ago #9366

guys the devil started using rap to distract us from GOD.like trio3 said the devil used deceit and lies to get people to rebel against GOD.GOD doesn't use Satan's tactics. so then why should we use Satan's tactics, cover them up with the word Christ then, try to bring them to Christ?God doesn't go on Satan's ground
The following user(s) said Thank You: Preciousabby1116, FootPrints14, purple_A

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 years 1 month ago #10080

• islandqueen129
  • I'm the same person as islandqueen101
  • Thank you received: 105
tim33 wrote:
I disagree, does Christian TV make people think that we are a part of them- how should rap be any different. We should use Christian Rap to reach out to people and show them there is a better alternative to worldly rapping.

How is rapping as a type of music bad? isn't it how we use it that defines whether it is good or bad?

I SOOOO agree
When all is said and done, more is said than done!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delightful, ken10wil

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 years 1 month ago #10094

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1208
Tim33 is right. I usually tend to avoid these types of discussion but think about it. If I were a singer, and used all of my music to glorify Satan, and say, idk (this is an example so please don't get offended at all of if I used your username) islandqueen129 was also a singer but only sang gospel, would that mean her music is an invasion of the church?
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: islandqueen129, stone, Delightful, Going4God

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 years 1 month ago #10142

• islandqueen129
  • I'm the same person as islandqueen101
  • Thank you received: 105
Don't worry I'm not offended @TheJaguar. I also agree with you. If I have a choice between christian rap and worldly rap, I would rather listen to christian rap. You have a better chance to get something good and a much better message out of christian rap than you have of worldly rap.

And I (meaning this is just MY opinion) wouldn't call christian rap the NUMBER ONE invasion of the church.
When all is said and done, more is said than done!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delightful, Going4God

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 years 1 month ago #10605

i think we are too stubborn and expect God music to fit our worldly desires. we have to stop being stubborn and come to know Jesus and be in one accord like the disciples and fix our sinful selves and come to gods music and not let it make it come to us. i strongly believe that christian rap is the number one invasion of the church.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FootPrints14, Godsadvicegiver12

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 years 1 month ago #10629

• ShowTime
  • Thank you received: 34
All of you keep saying things like "God's music" and "Satan's music", what I want to know is who decides what kind of music it is? I think that all music is holy, but the way people use it is sometimes unholy.

Much Love,
ShowTime.
"May your neighbors respect you
Trouble neglect you
Angels protect you
And Heaven accept you." - Drake.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Preciousabby1116, Delightful

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 years 1 month ago #10676

personally, i don't have a problem with it, but a lot of SDAs do.
Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12
The following user(s) said Thank You: godsgreat, Delightful, tlover3000

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 years 1 month ago #10699

• aniztem
  • Thank you received: 17
trio3 wrote:
In heaven the devil used sophistry, deceit, and lies to get the angels on his side. God couldn't use the same thing as Satan or else he would be just as bad sooo...it's the same for us. We can't use the same things the devil uses to bring others to Christ.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Preciousabby1116

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 years 2 weeks ago #11252

I've been watching this topic unfold, and I have to admit, it's a frustrating conversation. Here's why:

1. In order to talk about ideas intelligently, we must all be using the same definitions for the terms we're discussing. I'm reading things like, "God's music," and "worldly music," and those terms mean different things to different people. What is "God's music," exactly? What is "worldly music"? Are we even talking about the same things?

2. I have heard rap music in church twice in my entire life. Now, maybe your church is different, but to me, that is not really an invasion. :)

3. As far as using rap music to reach a certain demographic for God, why not? Does God only speak through hymns? Can God only use western culture? I would be very hesitant to put God in a box like that. Paul actually familiarized himself with Athenian culture ON PURPOSE before he ever presented the gospel so that he could find relevant ways to reach them for God. And he ended up using one of the altars they had built to an "unknown god" to tell the story of the true God. I think part of the problem is people think that to be Christians, we must all be of the same culture, like the same music, eat the same food, dress the same way... and that's just not the case. Unity doesn't mean uniformity. And God's ways are far beyond our ways.

4. Sophistry? Does anyone on this site know what sophistry means, or where the word originated? Or are we just copying and pasting from The Great Controversy? ;) Be careful when you try to apply an Ellen White quote to a topic that is not within the same context or things can get even more confusing!

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 years 2 weeks ago #11265

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1208
In all honesty, I looked it up. Sophistry is using a subtly false argument to convince people. So the Devil likely dropped hints all around heaven saying that God wanted to be absolute and things like that.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: stone, Delightful

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 years 2 weeks ago #11278

OK, TheJaguar, good job on looking it up and knowing what it means...and thanks for sharing the definition with everyone! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker

Re: Christian rap: THE NUMBER ONE INVASION OF THE CHURCH 5 years 2 weeks ago #11360

• dancer4god
  • I love God!
  • Thank you received: 279
I'm not really a rapper. I tried it in one song, not to good, glad I only used it in like 10 seconds of the song. I still think Christian rap would be alright. I have never heard any, but it might be cool. I like Christian Rock, like a band called Petra. They're from like 20 years ago, but I like 'em. Especially they're songs Heart of a Hero, It is Finished, and He's been in my Shoes. If Christian rap makes you uncomfortable, don't listen. I don't really think anyone has any right to tell anyone else that their kind of music is ungodly. I think it's just between them and God.
~God's love, wack-a-doodles, and fluffy poodles~
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker, Delightful, Big al, Going4God
Moderators: melaniebockmann
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds