Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Is Doctor who Bad or good or okay?

Bad! Totally bad, its so violent! 8 22.9%
Good! I mean yeah it cusses but only a little. 7 20%
Okay. Its probably only good if your mature enough 10 28.6%
Other (If so reply and tell me) 10 28.6%
Total number of voters: 35 ( TravelPastel, the_adorbs, horsegirl04, miss amazing, Blue Tornado ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Doctor who?

Doctor who? 3 years 9 months ago #35085

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 600
  • Thank you received: 421
Is Doctor who the show bad or good? Because I love it! But I have mixed feelings about it, it has some cussing in it like (In Spoiler are cusswords so I wouldn't look only if trying to help)
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
. I'v been up to season 6 and I noticed its very scary. Some episodes are pretty frightning, because of the aliens. Some deaths are in it off screen, its TV-PG (I'm suprised it is). The good thing about this show it, always has a happy ending, no matter what. It never has a bad ending. Maybe it does, but its really like 1/20 episodes that are like that. The Doctor always beats the villian and they're all happy. I just wanna know if its bad or not.
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Doctor who? 3 years 9 months ago #35201

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3549
  • Thank you received: 2911
i'v never heard of it before.... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .sooooooooo, yeah
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BOSTONBABY

Re: Doctor who? 3 years 9 months ago #35209

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1418
  • Thank you received: 1208
I've never watched it because the title sounds like a Dr. Seuss book.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, honeyflower, mittens92999, Going4God

Re: Doctor who? 3 years 9 months ago #35328

  • mossiet
  • mossiet's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • tomboy
  • Posts: 41
  • Thank you received: 8
I don't think it is a very good movie if u r surprised it is PG. but THAT'S JUST MY OPION
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Doctor who? 3 years 8 months ago #35402

  • angel1
  • angel1's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 54
  • Thank you received: 25
Ohhh yeahh.... That show... My friend is a whovian too. I haven't seen it, but I guess if you can somehow try to not watch the bad parts then it could work.... Idk... I can't really say anything cause I haven't watched it.

__n__
[ ]
l l#l l#l l
l l l l
[_____]

Ta da! (;
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lloyd101

Re: Doctor who? 3 years 8 months ago #35422

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 600
  • Thank you received: 421
I think you guys need to watch a episode to help? Or do you need more of a description?
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Re: Doctor who? 3 years 8 months ago #35483

  • angel1
  • angel1's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 54
  • Thank you received: 25
^Sorry the tardis didn't come out right... :\
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tlover3000

Re: Doctor who? 3 years 8 months ago #35486

  • Quirky
  • Quirky's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Posts: 3549
  • Thank you received: 2911
i'd rather a description
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137

Re: Doctor who? 3 years 8 months ago #35550

  • SamanthaS.
  • SamanthaS.'s Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 118
  • Thank you received: 92
I really, really, really enjoy watching Doctor Who. The sets and characters are so well done and I love how the characters are played by actors that are real people, not twigs off some Victorias Secret whatever. For example, Rose (the Doctor's traveling companion, played by Billie Piper) is curvy, if not a little overweight but THATS WHAT MAKES HER ADORABLE.
Now the problem I have is all of the aliens are violent. Aliens are always violent in science fiction. Now remember that Humans are the only race of God's creations that ever fell into sin, which means that the other probable races out in the universes are unfallen, and therefore, perfect (and nonviolent)
I prefer to refer to this sort of think as speculative fiction, a what-if, what if other races fell, what if there were other humaniods in the universe, stuff like that.
This is just my opinion, overall I love the show. (And pretty much anything from the BBC(
PS it does get a little scary at times... not for people who get scared easily. i dont want any of you lovely people rocking back and forth in a corner whispering "It's okay... its not real... its not real" lol jk its not that bad. Also, I have only seen through part of season two of the new show, and i recall only two or three uses of language. did I miss anything or am i desensetized?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: miceandfrogs, DandaPanda

Re: Doctor who? 3 years 8 months ago #35551

  • SamanthaS.
  • SamanthaS.'s Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 118
  • Thank you received: 92
I also like that the Doctor highly values human life, thinks intelligently and strategically and uses common sense, and he's hilarious.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Doctor who? 3 years 8 months ago #36025

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 600
  • Thank you received: 421
Doctor Who is a show about a man called the "Doctor" who is the last of his race and he has a time traveling machine that can travel in space two called the Tardis. The Doctor doesn't always do things alone, he'll often travel with a companion (Most of the time a pretty young lady...) and they go on adventures beating off aliens.
Good things about Doctor Who: The Doctor never holds up a gun, he doesn't like killing anyone. Sometimes he kills the aliens but most of the time he doesn't want to, he wants to help it and turn it back to good. Another thing is he always saves the day.
Bad things about Doctor Who: Most of the time in the show, at least in one episode you should see a innocent person die, but it is never graphic you just see the alien and you hear screams, sometimes the people on show say "Hell", "Damn", and some other stuff.
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by rfishell.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Doctor who? 3 years 4 months ago #38629

  • cool12
  • cool12's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Surf's up! :D
  • Posts: 153
  • Thank you received: 101
Lol even afv has bad humor now.... but I like watching Sherlock!Never got into Doctor Who.....
~COOL12~

Surfin' a wave! B-)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Doctor who? 3 years 4 months ago #38721

  • party3170
  • party3170's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Lov'in it!!!!
  • Posts: 15
  • Thank you received: 4
I have never watched it but doesn't sound good
funnyfun
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BOSTONBABY

Re: Doctor who? 3 years 4 months ago #39072

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1418
  • Thank you received: 1208
SamanthaS. wrote:
I really, really, really enjoy watching Doctor Who. The sets and characters are so well done and I love how the characters are played by actors that are real people, not twigs off some Victorias Secret whatever. For example, Rose (the Doctor's traveling companion, played by Billie Piper) is curvy, if not a little overweight but THATS WHAT MAKES HER ADORABLE.
Now the problem I have is all of the aliens are violent. Aliens are always violent in science fiction. Now remember that Humans are the only race of God's creations that ever fell into sin, which means that the other probable races out in the universes are unfallen, and therefore, perfect (and nonviolent)
I prefer to refer to this sort of think as speculative fiction, a what-if, what if other races fell, what if there were other humaniods in the universe, stuff like that.
This is just my opinion, overall I love the show. (And pretty much anything from the BBC(
PS it does get a little scary at times... not for people who get scared easily. i dont want any of you lovely people rocking back and forth in a corner whispering "It's okay... its not real... its not real" lol jk its not that bad. Also, I have only seen through part of season two of the new show, and i recall only two or three uses of language. did I miss anything or am i desensetized?

I hate when they use Victoria's Secret models to act in moview and TV shows. THEY CAN'T ACT. Billie Piper is an excellent actress, by the way.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Doctor who? 3 years 3 months ago #39374

  • Sk8er4God
  • Sk8er4God's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Allons-y!
  • Posts: 477
  • Thank you received: 255
cool12 wrote:
Lol even afv has bad humor now.... but I like watching Sherlock!Never got into Doctor Who.....
Good point
M-mental
A-abuse
T-to
H-humans

Just kidding I like math.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Doctor who? 3 years 3 months ago #39848

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 600
  • Thank you received: 421
Yeah I love Sherlock too! I also like Psych (Which is worse than Doctor Who)! I also kind of like The 4400
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: angel1

Doctor who? 3 years 2 months ago #39986

  • tbhorse
  • tbhorse's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • ♥ Fine Arts for Life ♥
  • Posts: 199
  • Thank you received: 119
Sk8er4God wrote:
I hate it! It's terrible!
And to think that some people think it's appropriate for little kids (not you guys it's someone else)
It's just terrible. I prefer AFV

You think watching old ladies trying to skateboard and falling on cement, and people crashing and breaking bones (probably) and little children getting scared or hurt? You're being a little cruel, there, eh?

Wow, Doctor Who is PG? I thought it was PG-13. I guess not...
tbh
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Doctor who? 3 years 2 months ago #40086

  • trio3
  • trio3's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I'm...a baby? o_O
  • Posts: 844
  • Thank you received: 576
I typed it in on youtube and the thumbnails alone look like the show is a mess. I wouldn't watch. All that alien stuff is moronic to me.
Life will always end in closure; unless, of course, it doesn't.

-Unknown

Real Eyes
Realize
Real Lies
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Doctor who? 3 years 1 month ago #40784

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 600
  • Thank you received: 421
I typed it in on youtube and the thumbnails alone look like the show is a mess. I wouldn't watch. All that alien stuff is moronic to me.

... Dude... if you search it on youtube it is a mess because Doctor Who is many things. It can be romantic, it can be thrilling, it can be action, it can be sci-fi and it can be pretty much EVERYTHING! Even horror. That's why it is a mess. No no no no! You are probably watching like those really weird alien movies. I mean on Doctor Who every alien has a purpose and was made for a reason. The aliens want something! Like the weeping angels take people and bring them back in time and they do that so they can move correctly and live and be alive. It is all very complex that is why it seems like a mess also! They are a lot of Doctor Who youtube videos going like "What/Who/Why is ______ In Doctor Who".
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tbhorse

Doctor who? 2 years 4 months ago #47627

  • Sk8er4God
  • Sk8er4God's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Allons-y!
  • Posts: 477
  • Thank you received: 255
-slowly comes crawling back to this topic because she wants to say something-
:blush: :blush:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Alright so I finally went and watched an episode to see what all the hype was about..then two, then three, then three SEASONS. Seriously I can't even believe I didn't give this show a chance before because I'm completely hooked on it now. Sure it can be a little violent/scary sometimes but that's not really an issue for me. The doctor is hilarious how he just moves on so quickly from whatever's going on. Also...

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
M-mental
A-abuse
T-to
H-humans

Just kidding I like math.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Doctor who? 2 years 2 months ago #49352

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2177
  • Thank you received: 1941
I had never even heard of it.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Doctor who? 2 years 2 months ago #49431

  • Meow
  • Meow's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Hello! please don't believe I'm on the ISS!
  • Posts: 15
  • Thank you received: 18
One year in Primary 2 camp meeting they did a little report on the tardis. I've played the Google doodle game. It's just hard to get past the weeping angel. I've only seen the 75th anniversaries (only two) and they seemed okay. My dad watches it on his phone so that's why I never see much of it.
hello i haven't been on here in forever. i like to sing a lot. just in case you forgot!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Doctor who? 1 year 10 months ago #53385

  • tbhorse
  • tbhorse's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • ♥ Fine Arts for Life ♥
  • Posts: 199
  • Thank you received: 119
three words: i. love. doctor. who.
tbh
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Doctor who? 10 months 1 week ago #64977

  • emmykitty
  • emmykitty's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Don't be lasagna.
  • Posts: 684
  • Thank you received: 294
My mom doesn't like it but my dad does :cheer: I REALLY WANT TO WATCH IT :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: I'm known as Amy Pond to some people :P it's such a long story I can't even explain rn... BUT YEAH, I think Doctor Who is cool :D


#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Doctor who? 10 months 1 week ago #65115

  • Blue Tornado
  • Blue Tornado's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I'm an otaku.
  • Posts: 971
  • Thank you received: 784
Haven't seen any. I've been meaning to get into it for a while, just that it's a long series.


"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: Bat Wen
Roblox: BlueTorn
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: melaniebockmann
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds